So... scrolling through a list of Oregon cities, I found that The Dalles is only the 38th largest city in the state. Astoria is only the 52nd. 

To the best of my knowledge, no one has any idea what's going on in Salem, Eugene, Gresham, Oregon City, or practically any other part of the state. :mellow:

Well….the way I'm looking at it, the days before and just after Annexation probably brought quite a few changes to population centers. David mentions in Steelheart that people flooded Newcago in search of work; but for every family that decided to risk life beneath an Epic despot, there was probably at least one other family who thought they'd be safer in a less-populated area. The headcanon I'm working from is that powerful Epics appeared in larger cities first, leading some more enterprising individuals and families to try homesteading in sparsely populated states like Wyoming and Alaska, or to simply move to a smaller town/city in hopes that it would remain untouched by High Epics. In a world where Alaska's population swelled before Khione's arrival, I'd say the chances of smaller cities like The Dalles and Astoria becoming more populated are pretty good. 

How could we even stand such normalcy?

So... scrolling through a list of Oregon cities, I found that The Dalles is only the 38th largest city in the state. Astoria is only the 52nd. 

To the best of my knowledge, no one has any idea what's going on in Salem, Eugene, Gresham, Oregon City, or practically any other part of the state. :mellow:

What's that? You need to fill those cities with Epics? Well if you guys all insist so much then I guess I'll just have to step up. I'll be back in a month or so with bleary eyes, a stack of Epics and a strong aversion to sunlight.

On the population thing, Astoria has a stable leader in Lucentia and a group of fairly insanely strong Epics so at least the risk of turf wars was less (Well, until WHIA anyway  :ph34r:)
The Dalles would have attracted a lot of idealists once they set up a human government so I can see that being pretty populous too.
EDIT: Whoops, double post.

g-120506-tdy-catsdogs-8a.grid-6x2.jpg

Edited by Voidus

Well….the way I'm looking at it, the days before and just after Annexation probably brought quite a few changes to population centers. David mentions in Steelheart that people flooded Newcago in search of work; but for every family that decided to risk life beneath an Epic despot, there was probably at least one other family who thought they'd be safer in a less-populated area. The headcanon I'm working from is that powerful Epics appeared in larger cities first, leading some more enterprising individuals and families to try homesteading in sparsely populated states like Wyoming and Alaska, or to simply move to a smaller town/city in hopes that it would remain untouched by High Epics. In a world where Alaska's population swelled before Khione's arrival, I'd say the chances of smaller cities like The Dalles and Astoria becoming more populated are pretty good. 

That makes a lot of sense to me. Headcanon accepted.

Should we perhaps come up with a revised list of Oregon's top ten largest cities? I'm not saying we should flesh out the whole map before we're ready to expand, but it couldn't hurt to have an accepted standard for where most of the state's population is situated nowadays.

Characters like Vondra and Lucentia seem like the types to keep as close a watch as they can on the rest of the state, just so they can be prepared for protecting their cities should the need arise. And it's always awkward when characters should logically possess information that the writers are clueless about. :P

That makes a lot of sense to me. Headcanon accepted.

Should we perhaps come up with a revised list of Oregon's top ten largest cities? I'm not saying we should flesh out the whole map before we're ready to expand, but it couldn't hurt to have an accepted standard for where most of the state's population is situated nowadays.

Characters like Vondra and Lucentia seem like the types to keep as close a watch as they can on the rest of the state, just so they can be prepared for protecting their cities should the need arise. And it's always awkward when characters should logically possess information that the writers are clueless about. :P

So far we have….

Portland (probably most populated, attracting people who thought it safer to stay where they always were or who hoped the large population would lend them anonymity and thus safety where Epics were concerned) 

The Dalles (probably now within the top ten, attracting people who like the human-run government and can abide by Vondra's strict rules) 

Astoria (also top ten, because I can't imagine Lucentia allowing anyone to leave) 

Salem (undeveloped within the RP, but also most likely in the top ten) 

Cottage Grove (a small town before Calamity; still standing in the RP but also little more than a tiny hamlet) 

This also leaves room for some cities to have been partially or totally destroyed before the RP's beginning. Any other cities that we should fit into this chart? 

I still don't understand what the hype is about...not that I've watched it.

Watch it. Then you'll understand. :P 

Seriously, I thought it was just another dumb girls' show…until a guy in one of my classes told me all about the show and the fandom (he was of the group of bronies who sees Celestia as a brutal dictator who exiled Luna to the moon for daring to rebel). Then I watched it, and I suddenly knew what the hype was about. 

So far we have….

Portland (probably most populated, attracting people who thought it safer to stay where they always were or who hoped the large population would lend them anonymity and thus safety where Epics were concerned) 

The Dalles (probably now within the top ten, attracting people who like the human-run government and can abide by Vondra's strict rules) 

Astoria (also top ten, because I can't imagine Lucentia allowing anyone to leave) 

Cottage Grove (a small town before Calamity; still standing in the RP but also little more than a tiny hamlet) 

This also leaves room for some cities to have been partially or totally destroyed before the RP's beginning. Any other cities that we should fit into this chart? 

I'd love to help contribute but unfortunately given that I don't live in the same country, or heck even the same continent, I don't have much to contribute on Oregon geography.

So far we have….

That sounds good. I no very little about Oregon geography, but according to Wikipedia there's also Eugene and Gresham, both of which having over 100, 000 citizens before Calamity.

Tillamook had a population of over four thousand pre-Calamity; Funtimes' cottage is located just outside of it, I believe? Has its ultimate fate been established?

(Cities destroyed before the RP's beginning? Where's the fun in that? :P)

/did not get reference

I don't think I could, given the way the rest of my family talks about it. They detest bronies, especially, with a passion.

I made the reference so you'll watch the show and get it then. :P 

Just try it. My parents have an extremely low opinion of die-hard fandom members, especially those who dress up like Spock or the Doctor or Dumbledore and go to Comic-Con, but their mockery of those fans only makes me want to perfect my fem!Fourth Doctor outfit as I save up enough for tickets to San Diego. :P

Just try it. My parents have an extremely low opinion of die-hard fandom members, especially those who dress up like Spock or the Doctor or Dumbledore and go to Comic-Con, but their mockery of those fans only makes me want to perfect my fem!Fourth Doctor outfit as I save up enough for tickets to San Diego. :P

I have vowed to myself that I won't shave for the next 40 years just so I can cosplay as Dumbledore with an authentic beard someday.

That sounds good. I no very little about Oregon geography, but according to Wikipedia there's also Eugene and Gresham, both of which having over 100, 000 citizens before Calamity.

Tillamook had a population of over four thousand pre-Calamity; Funtimes' cottage is located just outside of it, I believe? Has its ultimate fate been established?

(Cities destroyed before the RP's beginning? Where's the fun in that? :P)

Okay, so we'll need to figure out what happens to Eugene and Gresham, then. I hadn't thought about Tillamook's ultimate fate; Funtimes' cottage is in what used to be the Tillamook State Forest, some distance from the highway. Lucentia already knows about the cottage, so what are the chances of her knowing about Tillamook? Has she set her sights on incorporating it and other small towns near the coast? Perhaps Tillamook is ruled by a mid-range Epic who keeps his or her people within the borders? 

You have a Fourth Doctor outfit? :huh: You just acquired at least another bag of jelly babies' worth of awesomeness in my mind. :D

Okay, so we'll need to figure out what happens to Eugene and Gresham, then. I hadn't thought about Tillamook's ultimate fate; Funtimes' cottage is in what used to be the Tillamook State Forest, some distance from the highway. Lucentia already knows about the cottage, so what are the chances of her knowing about Tillamook? Has she set her sights on incorporating it and other small towns near the coast? Perhaps Tillamook is ruled by a mid-range Epic who keeps his or her people within the borders? 

Concerning what happened in Eugene and Gresham: could we perhaps simply make a list of Oregon cities and write something vague about their status?

That way we don't have to tie ourselves into a corner now; it was very fun expanding into The Dalles and coming up with a whole new flavor and atmosphere for the city. Perhaps we should just make a chart like this:

• Portland: Divided, frequent turf wars
  • Astoria: Strict tyranny
  • The Dalles: vanilla-run and under martial law
  • Tillamook: Strict tyranny
  • Eugene: Divided, frequent turf wars
  • Gresham: Strict tyranny

And so forth. That way we can an idea of what's happening in Oregon, while still giving us a lot of freedom when the time comes to actually expand into a region.

You have a Fourth Doctor outfit? :huh: You just acquired at least another bag of jelly babies' worth of awesomeness in my mind. :D

Concerning what happened in Eugene and Gresham: could we perhaps simply make a list of Oregon cities and write something vague about their status?

That way we don't have to tie ourselves into a corner now; it was very fun expanding into The Dalles and coming up with a whole new flavor and atmosphere for the city. Perhaps we should just make a chart like this:

And so forth. That way we can an idea of what's happening in Oregon, while still giving us a lot of freedom when the time comes to actually expand into a region.

I like that idea, it will help with my filling them with Epics which I shall do since you just insisted so much. :P

It's homemade. I made the scarf myself (though I'm currently seeking out yarn for a Mark II, so I can get the stitching right), bought a skirt, blouse, and brown cloche hat at Goodwill, and added a pair of leggings. I had the boots and plaid tweed coat to start with. 

That sounds good. "Strict tyranny" is a pretty broad description; it could mean anything from an Epic like mirrorverse!Backtrack who can kill you yesterday, or an Epic who is so fond of cheese that he has forced every citizen in Tillamook to take up dairy farming. (The second one wouldn't be too far off the mark, actually; Tillamook is already a pretty popular brand of dairy, manufacturing quality yogurt, cheese, and ice cream. I've tried it. It's pretty good.) 

It's homemade. I made the scarf myself (though I'm currently seeking out yarn for a Mark II, so I can get the stitching right), bought a skirt, blouse, and brown cloche hat at Goodwill, and added a pair of leggings. I had the boots and plaid tweed coat to start with. 

That sounds good. "Strict tyranny" is a pretty broad description; it could mean anything from an Epic like mirrorverse!Backtrack who can kill you yesterday, or an Epic who is so fond of cheese that he has forced every citizen in Tillamook to take up dairy farming. (The second one wouldn't be too far off the mark, actually; Tillamook is already a pretty popular brand of dairy, manufacturing quality yogurt, cheese, and ice cream. I've tried it. It's pretty good.) 

That is seriously awesome. :D I don't suppose you've ever offered someone a jelly baby while in costume?

Cool. (And for the record, I'd support the Cheddar Chancellor as the tyrant over Tillamook. :P)

That is seriously awesome. :D I don't suppose you've ever offered someone a jelly baby while in costume?

Cool. (And for the record, I'd support the Cheddar Chancellor as the tyrant over Tillamook. :P)

Thanks. :D And of course I did. I first wore it to a superhero-themed Halloween party, so I grabbed some jelly babies and offered them to people. (The only major snarl in that plan was when I was told I had to write my character's real name on my cup. So I just went with Joanna Smith. :P

I wonder if Voidus has anything to say about the Cheddar Chancellor. :ph34r: 

Well if you insist :P
Cheddar Chancellor
Primary:Chemo-Electrical conversion - Has electric bolt capabilities however the strength of his blasts is in proportion to how much he's eaten.
Swiss cheese- Can also use his internal chemical energy to fire a spray of electrical bullets, peppering his target with holes.
Secondary: 
Passive: Enhanced senses- Cheddar Chancellors senses, specifically his sense of taste and smell are far above that of Vanillas, allowing him to track both person and cheese alike.
Passive: Coating- Can turn his skin into a waxy coating and pull it off, resulting in complete healing of his wounds.

Edited by Voidus

Well if you insist :P

Cheddar Chancellor

Primary:Chemo-Electrical conversion - Has electric bolt capabilities however the strength of his blasts is in proportion to how much he's eaten.

Swiss cheese- Can also use his internal chemical energy to fire a spray of electrical bullets, peppering his target with holes.

Secondary: 

Passive: Enhanced senses- Cheddar Chancellors senses, specifically his sense of taste and smell are far above that of Vanillas, allowing him to track both person and cheese alike.

Passive: Coating- Can turn his skin into a waxy coating and pull it off, resulting in complete healing of his wounds.

Am I the only one who wants to see a fight between him and mirrorverse!Springfield? Because that power set almost made me wish I'd made him an Epic after all. Almost. :P

Am I the only one who wants to see a fight between him and mirrorverse!Springfield? Because that power set almost made me wish I'd made him an Epic after all. Almost.  :P

That fight would be... argh, what's a synonym for epic? It's hard expressing how awesome a fight between Epics would be without resorting to puns. :P

If the Unicyclist, Revolution, AND Remington all became Epics, we'd be forced to assume that Funtimes is a second Calamity who turns every vanilla she speaks to into an Epic. And we'd then have to separate her from the rest of Vanilla Sabotage, lest Oregon suffer the scourges of Darkrose and Berry Sperry. :P 

I've also decided that Cheddar Chancellor goes around dressed as Chancellor Palpatine, hence why I gave him lightning powers :P

Am I the only one who wants to see a fight between him and mirrorverse!Springfield? Because that power set almost made me wish I'd made him an Epic after all. Almost.  :P

That would be greatly amusing :D
If only there were a couple who specialized in Epic technology and could upgrade his weapons in some way  :ph34r: