Seeker of Cosmere Truths

Gyuldenir

TLDR; Hi, I'm new, How do i make spoiler sections? and what counts as spoilers?

Hello,

I guess I should post here. It's my first post on 17th Shard, but I've browsed and observed for quite a while before finally making an account. I've loved reading Sanderson's books ever since I picked on The Way of Kings in a Denver airport after finishing my other three books I'd brought to read on a family trip. I'm a huge fan of his worldbuilding in particular, though I also am constantly intrigued what twists he will pull on fantasy archetypes next. 

The reason I finally decided to make an account was because recently, in about my 7th rereading of the Way of Kings, I got really interested in Hoid (Wit) and Dalinar's conversation in Part 4: Storm's Illumination: Gibletish. I noticed something and wanted to share, and from what I've seen on the related forums, this tidbit has not been thrown around yet. However, I'm not sure how to make spoiler sections, nor what is considered spoilers. So, please let me know what that is so I don't offend anyone, but I'm eager to join the fun of the site, all the jokes, and especially the incredible (and incredibly loony) theories.

If you have read this far, thank you so much,

Sincerely,

Yet another huge Sanderson fan.

Spoilers about very new books are the main thing to be concerned about, along with posting about any book in another series' subforum.

You can put things in a spoiler box with:

Spoilerific text goes here
[/spoiler*]
Except without the asterisk in the second tag.

Redbird: Thank you! I've read all of Sanderson's published books, including the short stories posted on his site, except for Mitosis, Firefight, Alcatraz, and Shadows for Silence. I've also read the Malazan Book of the Fallen, Lord of the Rings, many Tom Clancy books, and I have a huge collection of G.A. Henty as well as many other authors. So, I read a lot :)... It depends, what kind of cookie?

Voidus: Thank you so much. I truly appreciate it.

Welcome! Have an upvote and a bamboo cookie!

You have G.A.Henty?!

You are the first person I have known to like those besides me. I also have a huge collection! Which one is your favorite?

Take not the cookies offered by the panda! Bamboo is a far inferior ingredient, and pandas far inferior bakers.
Dark Alley cookies on the other hand are extremely high in essential nutrients and guaranteed to give you a spike of joy upon consumption.

Thanks! I've never had a bamboo cookie, I think I'll try one!

How did you like it? I need some testimonial for my signature.

Mhmm, It was the first author I really read growing up. I probably have around 200 of his books. I'd say either "In Freedom's Cause" or "With Moore at Corunna/Under Wellington's Command" How about you?

In Freedom's Cause is one of my favorites too.

No, no, no. The bamboo cookies are inferior not on the physical realm, but on the spiritual and cognitive planes. Why would you eat a cookie made by a panda that is perhaps tasty and [shudder] nutritious, when you could have a wonderful snickerdoodle cookie that includes the ability to manipulate the amount of calories you actually gain, and store the rest inside this thin bendalloy wristband, necklace, ring, or watch? We have had people eat our cookies and become able to change between two species. Compared to these amazing developments in Investiture distribution, why would you stick with the bamboo cookies?

So to summarize, would you like a cookie?

photo-thumb-8734.jpg?_r=1418855893

Edited by 18th Shard