Shard Statue

tdogpete

So, I was reading in one of the WoB's and I came across him saying something to the tune of a spren could turn into a human size object at max size. So, does this mean that a spren could turn into like a moving statue? And also, could a spren move independently as an object, as this could mean a LOT of things that the spren could do.

Probably not a moving statue or anything so large.  I'd use a shard-boomerang or shard-darts and blowpipe though... Shard bullets maybe?...

Well, you'd need to have a Shardgun to fire them and I think WoB is that complex mechanical parts (or perhaps even multiple different pieces) are not possible. 

That said, I think Spren can manifest in a human size but without bonding to a person and subjecting themself to their will, they can't take a form that can effect the physical world strongly (my understanding is that it is Kaladin who allows Syl to become a sword/spear/hammer) 

I thought it at had been confirmed that something like shard rope might be possible.  Although rope is supposed to be something flexible and is relatively homogenous in makeup.  I doubt the rope could move itself any more then a spren shardblade could wield itself.  So I'm guessing that a shard statue would be just that and likely not flexible.  Absent further info I would bet that a spren could not take a solid, mobile, form.

I thought it at had been confirmed that something like shard rope might be possible. Although rope is supposed to be something flexible and is relatively homogenous in makeup. I doubt the rope could move itself any more then a spren shardblade could wield itself. So I'm guessing that a shard statue would be just that and likely not flexible. Absent further info I would bet that a spren could not take a solid, mobile, form.

How does one define "mobile" here though? They can change form, so if you want the statue to walk they'll just have to walk in stop motion real storming fast.

It's a weird topic to bring up.

How does one define "mobile" here though? They can change form, so if you want the statue to walk they'll just have to walk in stop motion real storming fast.

It's a weird topic to bring up.

Well my definition of mobile would be to stay in physical form and move around.  Nothing I've seen or heard so far indicates that a spren could take physical form and move themselves around while maintaining that form.  The stop motion sounds like they would just be forming and dissipating really fast in a slightly different shape.  Sure one could turn into a ball or something but it would still have to rely on other forces to move around.(e.g. gravity)

There's a thread similar to this under the title "Dual Shardblades Update," just so you know.

As I said in that thread, why stop at a statue? Why not get a big group of KR together and build a Spren-castle, each Spren a brick?

Well given the number of spren available that could actually become bricks it would have to be a very small castle.   It would probably not be an effective use of a very rare resource. :P

Edited by Arondell

• Chaos locked this topic