The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 hours ago, Quiver said:

*throws up my Welcome to Night Vale live show ticket*

Because I just bought a ticket to a Welcome to Night Vale live show.

Yeeeeeeess

I listened to a few episodes of that for the first time a couple months ago.  It is entertainingly weird.

4 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

I listened to a few episodes of that for the first time a couple months ago.  It is entertainingly weird.

Very much so! I disagree with some choices they made, but overall entertaining, and I'm a fan of audio drama, so...

On June 30, 2016 at 9:16 AM, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I wish it was 32ºC outside here. I'm freezing and I hate the cold :D

Do you want to come up here? I've been getting weather forecasts like this (Celsius in parentheses):
Temperature: 95° (35) Humidity: 90% Feels like: 108° (42)

And I thought the cold would never bother you anyway. :ph34r: 

Edited by The Honor Spren

29 minutes ago, The Honor Spren said:
Do you want to come up here? I've been getting weather forecasts like this (Celsius in parentheses):
Temperature: 95° (35) Humidity: 90% Feels like: 108° (42)

Reveal hidden contents
And I thought the cold would never bother you anyway. :ph34r: 

Oh my goodness, I'm coming! :D I am freeeeeezing! :D I have never had such cold feet in my life!

Just saw Finding Dory. It was beyond adorable. THE FEEELS!! THE FEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSSS!!! SO MUCH NOSTALGIA!!! AHHHHH!! CHILDHOOD MEMORIESSS!

After that crazy fangirl moment.....

*ahem* 

Anyway, It was pretty cute, I actually liked it better than Finding Nemo.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

15 minutes ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Just saw Finding Dory. It was beyond adorable. THE FEEELS!! THE FEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSSS!!! SO MUCH NOSTALGIA!!! AHHHHH!! CHILDHOOD MEMORIESSS!

After that crazy fangirl moment.....

*ahem* 

Anyway, It was pretty cute, I actually liked it better than Finding Nemo.

I felt pretty much the same way. :) I loved the character of Hank the octopus!

Also, I'm sure you've heard the expression "crazy as a loon," right? Well, Becky is a common loon.

Coincidence Incredibles Template.jpg

Edited by Sunbird
Sparks, that image is HUGE! Spoilered now.

Just now, Sunbird said:

I felt pretty much the same way. :) I loved the character of Hank the octopus!

Also, I'm sure you've heard the expression "crazy as a loon," right? Well, Becky is a common loon.

Coincidence Incredibles Template.jpg

Lol. I loved Dory and Destiny. She was hilarious. And I've never heard of a loon before. Is that an American bird? Gerald was hilarious too :D

According to this Wikipedia page, loons are found both in North America and in Eurasia, but in the UK/Ireland they're known as divers. They're highly adapted for swimming and diving and catching fish--in fact, the positioning of their feet with respect to the rest of their body is such that they can't even really walk on land and can only take off from the water. This means that if the loon lands in a body of water that is too small for it to have room to take off again, it's stranded. Wildlife rehabilitators whose pages I follow on Facebook sometimes post about having to rescue loons that have gotten stuck in a puddle or a tiny pond or something.

And you know what's totally adorable? Common loon mommas give rides to their babies on their backs.

Edited by Sunbird

Just now, Delightful said:

What does she write?

Books on the Holocaust. Few have ever delved further in depth than her. One book in particular, "Into That Darkness", is an analysis of interviews given to her by Franz Stangl, Commandant of Sobibor and Treblinka. That book gives us a look at it through the eyes of one the major perpetrators, and a look at how he managed to rationalize his behavior.

I just put a bunch of loaves of Challah in the oven!! :D I'm not Jewish, but I love the bread so much that I make it a lot anyway. I like to give it away because of how pretty it is. 

53 minutes ago, ScottLeft said:

I just put a bunch of loaves of Challah in the oven!! :D I'm not Jewish, but I love the bread so much that I make it a lot anyway. I like to give it away because of how pretty it is. 

Haha Challah is amazing! You do 3-braided? Raisins, anything fancy? Do you make or buy the dough?

11 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Haha Challah is amazing! You do 3-braided? Raisins, anything fancy? Do you make or buy the dough?

Three braid, yup, nothing else fancy though, and I make it myself :D