The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

15 minutes ago, bleeder said:

Oh, we got one of those. It's ginormous. My dad has been referring to it as the "BATV" or "Big-[chull]-TV".

Congrats on the successful move, Kay! I hope you and James are happy in your new place of dwelling.

Hawai'i! That sounds so fun!

Heh.  We actually moved a year and a half ago.  There was a LOT of work that needed done on the old house before it was sellable, and much of it really couldn't be done while we were still living in it.  (We ripped out all the carpets to get to the original hardwood floors of the place.  Just try doing that with furniture in the house.)

Yes!  I am excited. 

1 hour ago, bleeder said:

Oh, we got one of those. It's ginormous. My dad has been referring to it as the "BATV" or "Big-[chull]-TV".

Congrats on the successful move, Kay! I hope you and James are happy in your new place of dwelling.

Hawai'i! That sounds so fun!

Robin! To the BATV!

11 hours ago, bleeder said:

@Manukos I can't comment on any of my vids right now because my internet is doing a stupid, but yes, yes it is.

NIIIICE!                                                                 :D

did anyone get it for you or did you buy it yourself?

I made it back to Utah without any disasters today! The plane left and arrived pretty much on time, my seatmates were pleasant, and the snow didn't cause any problems for my drive home from the airport. Thank the Stormfather!

I managed to save a lot of money on textbooks for the upcoming semester. A single book I was supposed to buy cost over $200 new, but I found a used copy of the previous edition for 36 cents on Amazon. (Plus $3.99 shipping, but that's nothing compared to $200!) There were several other annoyingly expensive books on the list, but I saved a lot by ordering used copies and, in one case, renting from B&N. Ended up spending ~$75 instead of like $350.

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

I managed to save a lot of money on textbooks for the upcoming semester. A single book I was supposed to buy cost over $200 new, but I found a used copy of the previous edition for 36 cents on Amazon. (Plus $3.99 shipping, but that's nothing compared to $200!) There were several other annoyingly expensive books on the list, but I saved a lot by ordering used copies and, in one case, renting from B&N. Ended up spending ~$75 instead of like $350.

Nicely done! Now, when you're done, sell them again (I always used half.com) and get back a good portion of that $75, too. :-)

38 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Nicely done! Now, when you're done, sell them again (I always used half.com) and get back a good portion of that $75, too. :-)

Yup, that's my standard practice! (Also why I usually don't rent textbooks: because you can't sell them back.)

20 hours ago, Sunbird said:

How is it possible for a book to cost so much o.O I didn't have to buy a single book during my studies at university... The American schooling system is weeeeird...

3 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

How is it possible for a book to cost so much o.O I didn't have to buy a single book during my studies at university... The American schooling system is weeeeird...

They're so expensive for the same reason why tuition fees and loan interest rates are so high: because some supervillain enterprising financier looked at how many young people were getting degrees and said, "Heeeeyyyyyy, you know all those twentysomethings getting degrees even though they're having trouble affording ramen? Bet we could make even MORE money off of them."

32 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

c̺̻̳͚̑̿͊ͨͣ͟ ̢̯ͦ̀̂ͩ̄̅ͣȧ̧̛͇̱͍͖͙̖̮͈ͧ ̸ͮ͂̏͑͏͇̲p̸̯̮͕̪͚͈̗̓̏̀ ̫̙̘̟͍̩͍̜͆̇ͫ͗́ͦį̪̣̮̩̰̱̼͔̀̋ͥ̓̊̆̓ ͑ͩ̓̚͜͏̬̰͎̗ẗ͍͖̲͓͓͔̮̬͂ ̦̫͓̦͕̞̭͈̔ͪ̍ͥā̶͙̖͑̕ ̨̨͔̩̓̄̂̃̚l̔̾͌ͭͭ̎̃͏̗͔͚̣̲ͅ ͐̀̄͛͆́̊̆̚͏̹̣̣̼̭i͓̖͈͇͉̦̖͑ͥ̎́ͅ ̼̲̦̙ͭͤͪs̵͇͙̘̰̥͚̝͙͌̃ͨͫ͆͊̋͌͜ ̶̖͇͔̝͕̞̯̊̃́m̼̲͉̺̠̿͗ ̢̯̰̫͚̳̋ͭ̌ͤ̌̀̍͂́͠

4 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Well I got a bit of ice on truck driving around. I've never driven in this before. It's noisy and dif from rain. Lots of tinges. Of course it's to much to ask for actual snow at 34. Man just 20 miles north it's snowing. :(

It's snowing where I am. Lightly, but getting heavier. 

I may post pics in a bit. It's beautiful.

6 minutes ago, Erunion said:

.... As a Canadian, I feel sorry for you. And envy you. 

At the same time. 
It's complicated. 

Haha. Just know the one and only time the snow was actually thick enuff to build a snowman was in 1987 when I was in 1st grade. It was epic. I've seen it falling 3 other times but it melted right away on landing.