The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Picked up 3 more comics. These are the two Shattered Grid volumes of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and The Walking Dead: Here’s Negan for $5. The Walking Dead one came with a copy of #100 with the B&N variant which is nice, though I don’t collect issues so not necessary for me, and the Power Rangers ones I’m waiting to read since the full Shattered Grid event is told over 4 volumes (MMPR Volume 7 #25-28, MMPR Volume 8 #29-30 & Shattered Grid Finale #1, GGPR Volume 3 #9-12 and Lost Chronicles 2018 Annual #1. There’s also the FCBD special but I have to wait for the Shattered Grid collection for that.)

• 2 weeks later...

Release day for Dark Age (the latest Red Rising book by Pierce Brown! It’s been delayed twice now I think but it’s finally here! For some reason the audiobook comes out a day later and I will be going that route. Also Ken Liu just announced he is done with the first draft, of the concluding book, for his Dandelion Dynasty book series!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to a Collective Soul concert on Tuesday! :D I had a mild cold, which somewhat soured the experience, but it was still amazing. I got to say hi to the band, too!

Gin Blossoms performed too, but as that was the first time I'd heard most of those songs, I was less interested. I liked what I heard, though.

16 hours ago, NottTheBrave said:

Lmfao, sorry about that!  I use my phone to post and had just gotten done talking to my fiancé.  Subconscious slip!  XD

Ha, okay. Thanks for the explanation :P

I've never really been very vocal, either online or irl, about how down I'm feeling due to my personal circumstances. Sometimes I've found it had to get around anywhere that isn't my kitchen and then its straight back to bed. I've always put on a face of a confident young guy who is outspoken and funny but, as you've probably guessed, that's a wall that needed a hammer taken to it.

Recently, my family and girlfriend gave me a bit of tough love. Just in regards to my behaviour and attitude to life and it really hit home. There was no malice or bad intent but it genuinely has given me a new outlook. I'm 30 on the 10th of September and really need my life in order. I've managed to just get out of bed and go and do things without worrying where some form of depression or anxiety is taking me and, if I stick to it, it's a start.

Guess I just wanted to post a positive result recently.

10 minutes ago, Wander89 said:

I've never really been very vocal, either online or irl, about how down I'm feeling due to my personal circumstances. Sometimes I've found it had to get around anywhere that isn't my kitchen and then its straight back to bed. I've always put on a face of a confident young guy who is outspoken and funny but, as you've probably guessed, that's a wall that needed a hammer taken to it.

Recently, my family and girlfriend gave me a bit of tough love. Just in regards to my behaviour and attitude to life and it really hit home. There was no malice or bad intent but it genuinely has given me a new outlook. I'm 30 on the 10th of September and really need my life in order. I've managed to just get out of bed and go and do things without worrying where some form of depression or anxiety is taking me and, if I stick to it, it's a start.

Guess I just wanted to post a positive result recently.

That's great, I'm happy for you! :D Happy early birthday, too.

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching something Doctor Who related on YouTube yesterday and had started thinking “maybe I should think about getting the complete season Blu-rays of the classics” so I went to the bbc online store to see how much the sets were and to my surprise they had some of the out of print DVDs available. I cross referenced my list of serials I don’t have yet and managed to check off 7!

I’m still going to get the Classic season sets but have them more as a supplement to the DVDs since I already own the DVD and Blu-ray of Spearhead from Space so I don’t mind having double copies here (I only mind when the content is exactly the same with no extras added in the Blu-ray)

That's awesome, congratulations!!

On 9/17/2019 at 0:20 AM, Sorana said:

I'll fly to America in four weeks with a good friend of mine to visit another sharder.

Call me crazy, but I'm really doing this. And I'm incredibly excited to finally chat in real instead of hours on discord. :D