The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Really?

*checks own post count*

Huh. That's a lot of posts. :mellow:

Congrats, Kobold! :D

First my post count... what's next? Will you surpass me in upvotes also? Do you intend to take everything away from me, TwiLyghtSansSparkles? :o:P

Though I suppose I should be congratulating you too. So with that in mind... congrats. ;)

T-minus 3 1/2 hours to a week's vacation.  No work!  Time to finally organize my sewing room!  Time to write!  Time to craft!  Perfect weather for Schlitterbahn!

Enjoy the vacation! Hope you have a good time.

Awesome!

What's Schlitterbahn?

A waterpark/Six Flags place

Pretty much, but strictly on the water park side of things.  The one we have in KC isn't as extensive as some of the others in the country because it's the newest, but it does have what is currently the tallest water slide in the world.

...it looks terrifying.  I'm not going near that thing.

But the other sides and stuff are great.  The way they have it designed, you can get to almost anyplace in the park without ever getting out of the water. :)

uh...that still means nothing to me? Am I not getting it cause I'm Aussie?

It's a very, very large swimming pool with lots of slides. 

Munsu_Water_Park_-_Pyongyang,_North_Kore

If it turns out you're talking about Six Flags, don't worry. I have no idea what that is either, other than the fact that it's apparently an amusement park. :P

(EDIT: "Park" is becoming one of those words that sounds less and less like a word the more you say it.)

Edited by Slowswift

Gotcha. That looks rather terrifying. Or where a horror story takes place.

Park also makes me think of cars and parkour.....for whatever that's worth.

Water parks are awesome.  I won't go on any of the sheer drop slides, but the gentler, windy ones are great.  Plus, lots of things like lazy rivers and wave pools.

Six Flags is more of a rollercoaster sort of place.  Rollercoasters terrify me.

Water parks are awesome.  I won't go on any of the sheer drop slides, but the gentler, windy ones are great.  Plus, lots of things like lazy rivers and wave pools.

Six Flags is more of a rollercoaster sort of place.  Rollercoasters terrify me.

Wave pools are about the best thing ever invented by human hands. 

I have never heard of wave pools. What are they?

They're huge swimming pools with a mechanism built in to simulate ocean waves.  Most will run the wave makers for a few minutes at regular intervals.

Schlitterbahn doesn't have a full wave pool - they have a wave river.  It's a windy channel with a current and at one end, a giant corkscrew that sucks up water and releases it from a sluice every 8 seconds.  The wave travels down the entire length of the channel, with the curves creating chaotic fluid dynamics as it goes.

I've got to say, even though it's only been a few months since I started actively posting, in that time, this forum has gotten at least 20% cooler : B)  :D

To quote the greatest Doctor: "It's entirely due to my influence, of course, you mustn't take any credit."  ;)

Edited by Orlion