The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Though chocolate milkshakes and fries also go remarkably well together.

Bit late to the party but...OMG THIS SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN, I FIGURATIVELY AND LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN. Just milkshakes/ice cream and chips/fries in general = the best thing ever (yes i know but still)

When I was having a pub lunch for my birthday last year, I started doing this unconsciously and these people were staring at me like 'By the Lord Ruler what is this guy doing, is he kayana or what?' (they even asked if i was enjoying it, like seriously why would I be doing it if I didn't enjoy it >.>) I used to do this when I was younger as well. It is so good -_-  I don't understand why more don't do it

Edited by ParadoxSpren

Congratulations Mestiv :)

Well, I just ordered a new bedspread for my room, once I move out (thank you, Amazon gift cards): 

Did anyone else read this as 'bedspren'?

Edited by Bort

Green scales are back in stock at the Ring Lord!  Woot!  I can haz order nao?

Also, former housemate/more or less adopted family member is visiting us for a week-and-a-half.  We hadn't seen her in over a year; the dog just about went nuts with joy seeing her walk in last night.

I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes ^^

Yay!  Just remember:  a nerdy wedding is totally an option.  Don't let anybody tell you it's not.

Hello again, everybody! So anyways, in case you all were wondering where I was, I was at Youth Conference (LDS youth activities that are super fun) since Thursday. It was a blast. Like best thing ever. We were up at the Snake River and Palisades in Wyoming, near Jackson. And I decided to tell you all about it using Twi's method: memes.

Day 1

My tent was ridiculously tiny. Well, actually, it was slightly smaller than average. I'm just enormous. :P

Um? There was no soap? And it wasn't on the packing list?

Day 2

We went whitewater rafting!

Day 3 (Today)

I... don't like hiking. Even when they're short. Especially when you're so sore you can't even move (after the hike, at least) from paddling down a river.

On the way back down (and up, too), I rode in one of those huge 14-seater vans. They called it the Party Wagon for a reason.

Oh, and the girl I'm crazy for came along. That was nice.  :lol:

EDIT: How could I forget? THE BUG BITES. Seriously, not a limb was spared.  :wacko:

Anyways, those are just the obvious parts... I'll continue later, as my bed is beckoning. But yeah, it was awesome. :D

Edited by Slowswift

Back to Trump, when I heard he was leading the polls, my first thought was that people must be voting for him just so that he'll stay in the race longer so that they can laugh at his comments. :P

He is a ridiculous man and, as I'm in the UK, I don't feel I have any right to an opinion about him (apart from the fact that he keeps coming over here and trying to buy big chunks of Scotland, seemingly. That's not cool). But, he stops being funny to me when he, and some of his campaign people, make unpleasant remarks about women (in particular about sexual violence). Really not cool.

He does look like an angry cabbage.

I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes ^^

Congratulations!! Have you set a date yet?

Hello again, everybody! So anyways, in case you all were wondering where I was, I was at Youth Conference (LDS youth activities that are super fun) since Thursday. It was a blast. Like best thing ever. We were up at the Snake River and Palisades in Wyoming, near Jackson. And I decided to tell you all about it using Twi's method: memes.

Day 1

My tent was ridiculously tiny. Well, actually, it was slightly smaller than average. I'm just enormous. :P

Um? There was no soap? And it wasn't on the packing list?

Day 2

We went whitewater rafting!

Day 3 (Today)

I... don't like hiking. Even when they're short. Especially when you're so sore you can't even move (after the hike, at least) from paddling down a river.

On the way back down (and up, too), I rode in one of those huge 14-seater vans. They called it the Party Wagon for a reason.

Oh, and the girl I'm crazy for came along. That was nice.  :lol:

EDIT: How could I forget? THE BUG BITES. Seriously, not a limb was spared.  :wacko:

Anyways, those are just the obvious parts... I'll continue later, as my bed is beckoning. But yeah, it was awesome. :D

Sounds fun!

I'm just back from my jollybobs with so much to catch up on, it's unreal. But, that job I was applying for - I have an interview this Wednesday. Hurray. (Less hurray is the 4 hours I've spent reading a 78 page government document about working with Parents in preparation for the interview! Still, it'll be worth it if I get the job).

Just got back from a week long vacation to Block island which was great and gave me a much needed chance to relax after the murderous summer work my job put me through. But there was one problem, no internet access so I couldn't visit the 17th shard :(

(actually other than that I enjoyed being off the grid for a while... still good to be back  :D)

Last night someone was riding around by my house shining lights and when they saw me outside they pulled up asking if I had seen a so & so type dog. I said no and as he was pulling off I made up my mind to try and help look so I got the dogs name etc. I found him and he came right up to me after I called his name and jumped straight away in my truck when I opened door. The owner came back by and was grateful I helped a complete stranger.

Last night someone was riding around by my house shining lights and when they saw me outside they pulled up asking if I had seen a so & so type dog. I said no and as he was pulling off I made up my mind to try and help look so I got the dogs name etc. I found him and he came right up to me after I called his name and jumped straight away in my truck when I opened door. The owner came back by and was grateful I helped a complete stranger.

That's wonderful.

You are awesome. Just awesome. :D

I haven't done anything saintly to boast of today. Though in the spirit of this thread: while I had a meh day overall, I just noticed that my favorite fanfic author just published a new story about my favorite character.

So I've got that going for me, which is nice. ^_^

That's amazing!

I was scared that was going to turn into "he was scouting my house and robbed me the next day" O_o

Finger, toe, or you want to be daring and get a femur? Must find out for my will.

Hmm... how good are your teeth? I was thinking of getting a necklace made out of them. Bonus if I can get some teeth from that dog after it lives a long and happy life and expires from old age.