The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I'm not sure if I'll make it at that time, but where is it? I'll see if I can show up sometime.

It's at the library - the exhibit is in Special Collections, in the basement. They're open until 5 PM weekdays (although actually until 7 on Tue & Wed). The exhibit will be up until sometime in January.

If my brother gets the university police job he applied for—which is looking more and more like a possibility, since he's going in for a second interview again this week—he want me to move in with him when the rest of the family moves to Spokane in January! He's already found a few apartments that allow dogs, so I could stay with him until I get a better job. ^_^ 

If my brother gets the university police job he applied for—which is looking more and more like a possibility, since he's going in for a second interview again this week—he want me to move in with him when the rest of the family moves to Spokane in January! He's already found a few apartments that allow dogs, so I could stay with him until I get a better job. ^_^

Seems like your brother is a pretty alright guy.

Seems like your brother is a pretty alright guy.

He's not on my side so far as the parent thing goes, but he's not against me, either. Anyway, he said I'd just have to help out with food, rent, and laundry and we'd be good. (Though it did make me the teensiest bit worried when he said he'd be living on Taquitos if I wasn't there….:mellow:

He's not on my side so far as the parent thing goes, but he's not against me, either. Anyway, he said I'd just have to help out with food, rent, and laundry and we'd be good. (Though it did make me the teensiest bit worried when he said he'd be living on Taquitos if I wasn't there…. :mellow:

Taquitos for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? Now I want to go live with your brother. :P

Anyway, I'm glad you'll be out of the zone of active fire soon. ^_^

He's not on my side so far as the parent thing goes, but he's not against me, either. Anyway, he said I'd just have to help out with food, rent, and laundry and we'd be good. (Though it did make me the teensiest bit worried when he said he'd be living on Taquitos if I wasn't there….:mellow:)

He should eat them with ketchup and cream! Like, something like sour cream, not whipping cream.

That is good news, particularly since it would provide some much needed space!

Ok, so, this is going to be somewhat rambly and it'll sound like it should be in the bad day thread for most of it but bear with me.

I was playing cards against humanity with some friends on Friday night. We were using cards from a game called "The Art of Conversation" in place of the black cards. (No this isn't leading to a joke that would break the site rules ;) ) One of the cards that came up was "What is the first thing you remember learning at school." Or something like that.

I was homeschooled till grade 2 but the first thing I remember actually learning from school was that some people will hurt you for no reason. Thinking about this lead me down a certain chain of thought regarding the effect certain people have had on me and forgiveness.

For a quick background just so this make's sense: I have a pretty good idea why I am the way I am. I have fairly severe social anxiety, I avoid physical contact, I'm afraid of people in general and I know the main people/events that caused me to be this way.

I've spent time in the past thinking about forgiveness and coming to the conclusion that I had forgiven them. But I was never quite sure if it was entirely true or if I still held some small amount of anger and resentment towards them. This time when thinking about it I went down to the most basic essence of it: If I could, would I make them all truly understand the effect they had on me? The answer, as it turns out, is no. It's not about appearing strong or not appearing vulnerable in front of them. The reason I wouldn't do it is because I don't want to burden them with that, I don't want them to have to live with that knowledge.

So realising that, I'm finally certain that I don't bear any ill will or resentment towards them now and I'm really happy to know that's the case  :D I was fairly sure but I'm glad to get past that niggling doubt.

Not the kind of thing that is normally posted in this thread, but in some ways it matters as much to me as anything else I've posted in this thread :)

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord