The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I'm going to. Arizona eats up batteries like nobody's business. And is there some place I can go to learn some DIY car care essentials? My dad shunted me away from all of that stuff growing up, and his comment today about how I'd need to find a boyfriend who was handy really reminded me how much I need to learn. <_<

Auto repair for Dummies, coupled with your basic owner's manual that came with the car, are good sources. Your main concern should be finding a reliable and honest mechanic.

Things you should know:

How to change an air filter

How to jumpstart a car

How to change a lightbulb.

You can also talk to people at an Auto Parts store. A lot of times, you can have them test car parts and check the Check Engine Light cause for free.

Now, I dont want children, but if I somehow have a daughter Im naming her Murderlina. Or Murderette.

It is better than a friend of mine who is going to name all his children Bob.

I think your wife would make you settle for Margot. :ph34r: Edited by Mistrunner

I took my Mac to the Apple store this morning, so I could be there right when it opened and not keep the employees there late on New Year's Eve. When I arrived, a crowd of at least 20 or 25 was waiting there. I knew I was in for a long day….until an employee approached me, said someone with a 10 o'clock appointment with the Genius Bar had cancelled, and that they could get me right in. 

As it turns out, I had a cable that was on the fritz, so it was redirecting everything and slowing the machine down. They replaced it for about $56, which was $244 less than I thought I'd have to pay. And it meant I didn't have to get a new laptop, so I'm counting that as a double victory. 

The book I'm going to use for my Algona interview storytime came in, and the library was open, so I picked that up. Looks like The Very Busy Spider is going to be right at the reading level of the kids I'll have for the storytime, so I chose well. 

As 2015 draws to a close, I look back on all the things I realized about myself and my family this year. They weren't pleasant things, but realizing how unpleasant they were freed me from a lot of baggage. To everyone who helped me see what was there all along, I want to say thank you. 

For 2016, I've chosen "Follow Your Arrow" by Kacey Musgraves to be my personal anthem. 

The book I'm going to use for my Algona interview storytime came in, and the library was open, so I picked that up. Looks like The Very Busy Spider is going to be right at the reading level of the kids I'll have for the storytime, so I chose well.

If you'd like suggestions for good read-aloud books, try Fluffy, Scourge of the Sea. :ph34r:

If you'd like suggestions for good read-aloud books, try Fluffy, Scourge of the Sea. :ph34r:

I'll have to look out for that one. :ph34r: My theme is going to be spiders, and I'll talk about how spiders can be dangerous and they look scary, but they actually help us by eating bad bugs. And then I'll have them make spider hats as a craft. Should be fun. 

On the good news front: I'm going to see The Force Awakens tonight! 

I took my Mac to the Apple store this morning, so I could be there right when it opened and not keep the employees there late on New Year's Eve. When I arrived, a crowd of at least 20 or 25 was waiting there. I knew I was in for a long day….until an employee approached me, said someone with a 10 o'clock appointment with the Genius Bar had cancelled, and that they could get me right in. 

As it turns out, I had a cable that was on the fritz, so it was redirecting everything and slowing the machine down. They replaced it for about $56, which was $244 less than I thought I'd have to pay. And it meant I didn't have to get a new laptop, so I'm counting that as a double victory. 

The book I'm going to use for my Algona interview storytime came in, and the library was open, so I picked that up. Looks like The Very Busy Spider is going to be right at the reading level of the kids I'll have for the storytime, so I chose well. 

As 2015 draws to a close, I look back on all the things I realized about myself and my family this year. They weren't pleasant things, but realizing how unpleasant they were freed me from a lot of baggage. To everyone who helped me see what was there all along, I want to say thank you. 

For 2016, I've chosen "Follow Your Arrow" by Kacey Musgraves to be my personal anthem. 

I assume your mother hates that song. Personally, I've been listening to Musgraves ever since one of her albums mysteriously appeared on my kindle. She's quite good. Knowledge,  even of it is of problems, is always a good thing.

I assume your mother hates that song. Personally, I've been listening to Musgraves ever since one of her albums mysteriously appeared on my kindle. She's quite good. Knowledge,  even of it is of problems, is always a good thing.

She would, if she'd heard it. :ph34r: I want to listen to more Musgraves, but I'm not sure where to start. Any songs you'd recommend? 

I'll have to look out for that one. :ph34r: My theme is going to be spiders, and I'll talk about how spiders can be dangerous and they look scary, but they actually help us by eating bad bugs. And then I'll have them make spider hats as a craft. Should be fun.

On the good news front: I'm going to see The Force Awakens tonight!

Aw, sounds fun! I want to come. :ph34r:Fluffy is about a poodle that gets kidnapped by pirates. Not exactly about spiders, but it's fun. :P Edited by Mistrunner

Aw, sounds fun! I want to come. :ph34r:Fluffy is about a poodle that gets kidnapped by pirates. Not exactly about spiders, but it's fun. :P

That sounds awesome for older kids. :lol: The group I'll have is between 3-4, so they might not keep up with the storyline. 

Sorry, I'm not very good at recommendations. :unsure:

No worries. To YouTube it is, then. :ph34r: 

Ok. Good news. (Inspired by slowswift)

It's raining. In the rainy season. Rain is considered a great blessing, and if you think about it, Israel doesn't have much natural water sources so all the water for the crops come from rain. I think today they use desalination and fancy irrigation methods but way back in the day thousands of years ago, we relied on the rain entirely.

So rain! Blessing! Thank G-D Hooray!

What else? Well I'm warm and dry and inside. My IRL friends did something really sweet for me. :wub:

I have chocolate :ph34r:

Edited by Delightful

I've got music.

I've got chocolate.

I've got the best support group ever (psst: it's you all).

Even though I've been having a pretty rough time lately, there's always good things in life, I think.

Thanks!! :D You just made my day. Admittedly, I'm only one hour into the day here, but I doubt it will beat that. That's my good day.