The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 and half years ago, in June 2013, I started my journey into Malazan world. It took me 7 tries to finish book 1. And today, I finished the last book of the series, The Crippled God. 

The book was amazing. It feels good to start the year with finishing one of the best books I've ever read. Awesome.

One of my brothers just got two new Chugs! (part Chihuahua, part Pug) I'm usually partial to huge dogs myself, (considering I have two big dogs, one of which is at least 120 lbs) but these dogs are so cute! It's quite humorous watching the two little dogs standing next to our big dogs... I believe they're still trying to figure out what to think of each other. :P

The only problem is that I only get to see them on weekends when my brother comes to visit. Maybe I can convince my brother to move somewhere closer...  <_<​  

One of my brothers just got two new Chugs! (part Chihuahua, part Pug) I'm usually partial to huge dogs myself, (considering I have two big dogs, one of which is at least 120 lbs) but these dogs are so cute! It's quite humorous watching the two little dogs standing next to our big dogs... I believe they're still trying to figure out what to think of each other. :P

The only problem is that I only get to see them on weekends when my brother comes to visit. Maybe I can convince my brother to move somewhere closer... <_<

Part chihuahua part pug? May I please have a picture of this mythical beast?

It's my birthday!!

Have a fairly cheesy birthday song! :D

You've had a birthday, shout hoo-ray!

We want to sing to you today!

One year older and wiser, too.

Happy birthday

To you!

(Just pretend you can hear me singing. :ph34r:)

Edited by Mistrunner

You ever have those moments when you see something so beautiful you just want to cry?

I stepped outside for something and, I'd say I glanced up as the sun was setting but it was more like a beacon of light I couldn't glance away from, it literally took my breath away and I just stood and stared.

There were layers and layers of thin cloud and the sun must have been reflecting off them just so. You know that bright hot colour of molten glass or metal? Vibrantly bright orange light burned in streaks across the sky interspersed by these clouds. It's as if the sky were afire with the brightest light you can look at, and keep looking, and keep looking. Like it was made of molten red-hot glass woven like a blanket. And then as the sun set and the light shrunk, once it hit the level of rooftops, it looked like a beautiful hell waited on the other side, like you could walk a few blocks and then forever into a land of hills and fire.

And then the sun slipped away and I was left with an ordinarily gorgeous sunset.

I swear this isn't fiction, I'm not even exaggerating. I would have taken a picture except trying to capture that with a phone camera would be like throwing a bucket of green paint at a canvas and calling it the Mona Lisa. Even more ridiculous than that. Like calling a blank canvas the Mona Lisa. (Or I suppose starry nights is a closer allegory).

Dear G-D that was beautiful.

You ever have those moments when you see something so beautiful you just want to cry?

I stepped outside for something and, I'd say I glanced up as the sun was setting but it was more like a beacon of light I couldn't glance away from, it literally took my breath away and I just stood and stared.

There were layers and layers of thin cloud and the sun must have been reflecting off them just so. You know that bright hot colour of molten glass or metal? Vibrantly bright orange light burned in streaks across the sky interspersed by these clouds. It's as if the sky were afire with the brightest light you can look at, and keep looking, and keep looking. Like it was made of molten red-hot glass woven like a blanket. And then as the sun set and the light shrunk, once it hit the level of rooftops, it looked like a beautiful hell waited on the other side, like you could walk a few blocks and then forever into a land of hills and fire.

And then the sun slipped away and I was left with an ordinarily gorgeous sunset.

I swear this isn't fiction, I'm not even exaggerating. I would have taken a picture except trying to capture that with a phone camera would be like throwing a bucket of green paint at a canvas and calling it the Mona Lisa. Even more ridiculous than that. Like calling a blank canvas the Mona Lisa. (Or I suppose starry nights is a closer allegory).

Dear G-D that was beautiful.

Whoever controls the weather is probably an artist.

Or the ultimate Artist and Creator.

That's what I see anyway.

Reminds me of something...

"You are spirit daughters [and sons] of the most creative being in the universe."

Probably the most inspiring video ever, in my opinion.

Edited by Mistrunner

So apologies for being a typical oversharer on social media but Mrs. Voidus and I just got back from our first ultrasound, Voidus Jr. is a healthy 8 week old with a strong heartbeat and now I am allowed to go insane with excitement.  :D 

*Goes insane with excitement*