The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

So apologies for being a typical oversharer on social media but Mrs. Voidus and I just got back from our first ultrasound, Voidus Jr. is a healthy 8 week old with a strong heartbeat and now I am allowed to go insane with excitement. :D

*Goes insane with excitement*

Congrats! *Hands you a sanity spike*

So apologies for being a typical oversharer on social media but Mrs. Voidus and I just got back from our first ultrasound, Voidus Jr. is a healthy 8 week old with a strong heartbeat and now I am allowed to go insane with excitement. :D

WOOHOOO!!!!! that's the most amazing news ever. Voidus Jnr should only grow healthier and stronger! :) :) :)

Congrats! *Hands you a sanity spike*

Thank you muchly. *stabs self with sanity spike, stops high-fiving imaginary llamas*

WOOHOOO!!!!! that's the most amazing news ever. Voidus Jnr should only grow healthier and stronger! :) :) :)

:D

Thank you very much, yes it seems that passing 8 weeks is a very good sign.

You'll be a great dad. :)

Well I plan on reading the annals of WHIO to them so not sure whether that makes me good or insane but either way I'm sticking to it. Although I will be heavily censoring certain characters.  <_< 

But thanks :) It's something I've wanted for a while we just haven't been in a financial position to do it so yeah, really happy right now. :D

So apologies for being a typical oversharer on social media but Mrs. Voidus and I just got back from our first ultrasound, Voidus Jr. is a healthy 8 week old with a strong heartbeat and now I am allowed to go insane with excitement.  :D 

That's awesome. :D

Are you hoping for a girl, a boy, or the prophesied chosen one who will lead us out of these dark times and into a new golden age?

That's awesome. :D

Are you hoping for a girl, a boy, or the prophesied chosen one who will lead us out of these dark times and into a new golden age?

The first and given that I'm a lurker of the Dark Alley the opposite of the third, a girl who is the prophesied one who will lead us out of the golden age and into dark times. :P

The first and given that I'm a lurker of the Dark Alley the opposite of the third, a girl who is the prophesied one who will lead us out of the golden age and into dark times. :P

Dangit!  I was too slow.  This is exactly what I was going to say you were going to say.  Except for the girl part. 

Edited by Kaymyth

24 pageviews on my DeviantArt page today! I know that's small, but considering it's the first day I had it up, it's exciting to me.

The flights so far have gone well. Waiting to take off for Rochester at the moment. By some quirk of luck, I've had the seats to myself both flights. :mellow:

Oh, and AoL was a good birthday present for myself. :P

For those who complained that this thread is too quiet, here's some positivity for you all.

A blogger I follow posted this:

‪#‎MyIsrael‬ is a an old ultra orthodox woman shouting at an Arab teenager to "put that terrible cigarette out before you get addicted and die of lung cancer."

And him taking out the cigarette, tossing it on the ground, grinding it with his left foot, and thanking her.

#MyIsrael is the bartender who pours free shots of whiskey for everyone in the restaurant and shouts L'chaim!

#MyIsrael is soul searching and speaking out and striving to be better.

What's YOUR Israel?

Comments include

‪#MyIsrael is when you give birth at a hospital and the older women who bring you food bring extra food for you and your husband because they learn you're alone in the country and they feel it's their duty to feed you because you're mom isn't there with you.

My Israel is discovering that the bandage on my three-year old daughter's skinned knee was lovingly applied by a random neighbor lady, because my daughter felt free to knock on the closest door to where she fell.

My Israel is my friend's Israel who recently broke down in Nazareth at night and two people went way out of their way to help him change his tire and the only thing they would take from him is his ability to say شكرا لك

I'm guessing this means hello or thanks?

My Israel is the Yeshiva-bucher [ultra orthodox Jew] who learns in Mea Sharim while his fraternal twin sister is a tattooed roller skating lesbian in Tel Aviv...

My Israel is where a complete stranger on the street hands me her baby to watch while she goes to put her groceries away in her building down the block...and when she walked away she said, "Please don't kidnap my baby, it took me a long time to make her!

Edited by Delightful