The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I had to get up early today and I was blessed with the sight of the 5 planet line convergence! Hasn't happened in 10 yrs. I recommend y'all try to see it an hr before sunrise

Before sunrise?  Are...are people actually alive that early?

Our current DM for our weekly D&D sessions called me half an hour before the session this afternoon to say he wasn't feeling well enough to DM but still wanted to come and asked if I could run a side adventure for a session. I said yes of course :) I've only DM'd for D&D a couple of times but I have more experience as a GM than a player in general. For only having a very short time to come up with a session I'm very happy with how it worked out. It's a good thing I've had some good practice at improvising from the Mistborn Adventure Game :)

Kaymyth's method is working for me yet again! Yesterday, I managed to get the broad sweeps and religious, political, and racial beliefs of three of my main characters' lives down; and today, I jotted out a rough timeline and realized that the story for one of my main characters actually starts sooner than the scenes I've written. So….now I have to go back and write it. I'll probably just start a new doc for that. 

Anyone who knows about it have any decent title suggestions? And no, I can't use Twimom Is the Villain Here, Deal With It as the title. :P 

Kaymyth's method is working for me yet again! Yesterday, I managed to get the broad sweeps and religious, political, and racial beliefs of three of my main characters' lives down; and today, I jotted out a rough timeline and realized that the story for one of my main characters actually starts sooner than the scenes I've written. So….now I have to go back and write it. I'll probably just start a new doc for that. 

Anyone who knows about it have any decent title suggestions? And no, I can't use Twimom Is the Villain Here, Deal With It as the title. :P

Pardon me while I sit here and gloat for a moment.  :D

#stickynotesrule

I have a job! :D The Jefferson Parish library called me back just a few minutes ago and offered me the reference librarian position in Metarie! 

Of course my mom's first words upon hearing the good news were "Go down there, check it out, and make sure they're not posing as a library to traffic you as a sex slave." <_< Storm you, Mom. Go away.

I have a job! :D The Jefferson Parish library called me back just a few minutes ago and offered me the reference librarian position in Metarie!

Of course my mom's first words upon hearing the good news were "Go down there, check it out, and make sure they're not posing as a library to traffic you as a sex slave." <_< Storm you, Mom. Go away.

Yay! Good for you Twi. Should be easier to ignore her now yes?

Of course my mom's first words upon hearing the good news were "Go down there, check it out, and make sure they're not posing as a library to traffic you as a sex slave." <_< Storm you, Mom. Go away.

Another entry in the annals of things I never thought I'd say...

That's the worst way to gather sex slaves.

Yay! Good for you Twi. Should be easier to ignore her now yes?

I think so, what with her and the rest of the family up in Spokane. It's 35-hour drive. I checked. ^_^ 

Another entry in the annals of things I never thought I'd say...

That's the worst way to gather sex slaves.

YES. THANK YOU, THIRDGEN. NO ONE ENTICES A SEX SLAVE WITH A $33,000 SALARY.

Awesome! Finally someone has seen the light! :lol:

ps. Your mom is terrible.

Edited by Edgedancer

Squee!  That should keep the brain weasels quiet for a while.  Get out your boots, it's (Brain) Weasel Stomping Day!

(Out of curiosity, did you ever hear anything out of Iowa?  I mean, this is objectively better, because NO SNOW, but inquiring minds and all that.)

And yes, your mother is a terrible, terrible person.

Edited by Kaymyth

Finally! Congrats. Now join your fellow librarians in the conspiracy to rule the world.

I want to say that she is the kind of person who should get very intimate with a cactus, but I wouldn't wish a horrible fate like that on anyone, especially not a cactus.

Of course my mom's first words upon hearing the good news were "Go down there, check it out, and make sure they're not posing as a library to traffic you as a sex slave." <_< Storm you, Mom. Go away.

Er, what?

And congrats on the job.

Edited by SmurfAquamarineBodies

Awesome! Finally someone has seen the light! :lol:

ps. Your mom is terrible.

Yeahhh…..<_< 

And thanks! 

Squee!  That should keep the brain weasels quiet for a while.  Get out your boots, it's (Brain) Weasel Stomping Day!

(Out of curiosity, did you ever hear anything out of Iowa?  I mean, this is objectively better, because NO SNOW, but inquiring minds and all that.)

And yes, your mother is a terrible, terrible person.

No, I haven't heard anything from Iowa or New Mexico. I was kind of surprised by how it worked—I wasn't expecting to hear anything back from Metarie until after I'd heard from those two places, just because they interviewed me first. But, out of those three, this was the one I was hoping for. It's definitely the coolest city, out of all of them. And it pays more than the other two jobs—not a lot, and it's not going to be a huge difference, since the cost of living is higher (still 2 percent below the national median!) but for a job in New Orleans? I'll take it. 

Finally! Congrats. Now join your fellow librarians in the conspiracy to rule the world.

I want to say that she is the kind of person who should get very intimate with a cactus, but I wouldn't wish a horrible fate like that on anyone, especially not a cactus.

I like to think of myself as an ally of the Free Kingdoms. :ph34r: 

Having been surrounded by cacti for the past three years, let me just say—OUCH. :lol:

Er, what?

And congrats on the job.

Congrats, Twi!

And ask your mom of her minister's certification is actually a declaration of insanity, because I don't think she should own guns or vote.

As I understand it, she was worried because they offered me the job without calling me in for a face-to-face interview first. What I suspect is that she's disappointed I'm not going to Spokane or the surrounding area, and that disappointment is causing her to see the absolute worst in everything. But, my brother—who she trusts more than I do, because of course she does—did some research to put her mind at ease. He said everything looks good, and he thought she was being ridiculous, so I'm even less worried than I was before. 

If I'd told her I'd gotten a job in Spokane, I'm almost certain she'd be WAY more excited for me than she is. <_< 

And thanks, everyone! :D 

And dont go talking to any voodoo guys who have friends on the other side. May as well get some voodoo repellent, while you are at it. You know, so you dont get transformed into a frog.

I'd like to check out the statistics there first. See how often New Orleans residents are transformed into frogs.