The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

Update on the Metarie situation: 

The dates I had booked won't work. They need a 3-week timeline, and they want me to fly down at a time that'll work out for the pay periods and everything, so the 22nd is too soon. Fortunately, the tickets I'd booked were refundable. There was a $200 cancellation fee per plane ticket, but the hotel was fully refundable, so all told I only lost $400 on this. And I think my parents will pay back half of that. 

So, I just cancelled and decided to rebook. JPL sent me four separate dates that would work, so I'm searching airline tickets for the nearest two. Things didn't work out perfectly, but all told….

everything_went_better_than_expected-s32

Update on the Metarie situation: 

The dates I had booked won't work. They need a 3-week timeline, and they want me to fly down at a time that'll work out for the pay periods and everything, so the 22nd is too soon. Fortunately, the tickets I'd booked were refundable. There was a $200 cancellation fee per plane ticket, but the hotel was fully refundable, so all told I only lost $400 on this. And I think my parents will pay back half of that. 

So, I just cancelled and decided to rebook. JPL sent me four separate dates that would work, so I'm searching airline tickets for the nearest two. Things didn't work out perfectly, but all told….

everything_went_better_than_expected-s32

From my experience, the more I adult, the more confident I get at doing it. When you're out from your toxic home environment, that will come even faster for you. I predict that a year from now, you'll be in a comfortable job with full confidence in your ability to live your own life without relying on your parent's support.

I'm excited for you!

Is it bad that I'm happy your mum didn't get her way with the dates?

Is she upset yet that it now won't work out with your brother?

If she is, she's not letting on right now. I'm checking out prices for the tickets, and I'm going to try and get something pinned down tomorrow. Not sure what I should do about the days I'm taking off at work; I'd honestly rather work those days, but I don't want to look like a flake.

Waiting to hear from my sister if she can take this kitten that showed up at my house a few nights ago tonight. I think we ll wind up with him otherwise since no one on FB has shown interest in my post. We really don't need another pet here though but my kids say we do.

Edited by Briar King

I was working until 3 this morning to finish off my 48 hour work week.

Not only do I still have a job there -a minor miracle in itself given my track record- I have been informed I am no longer on a  probation period with the company, I got a minor pay raise, and I'm now eligible for the monthly bonuses they give their employees.

This sums up my thoughts pretty well. 

Edited by Quiver

I just got my first WoB! The answer wasn't what I wanted, but I was so excited about it regardless that I literally started jumping up and down in exitement, then stopped, then started again.

Here's the WoB, anyway.

post-16955-0-94837400-1455995694_thumb.j

I'm not sure exactly what it means... I'm off to Cosmere Theories!

I got a spiral-bound hymnal! Now I can learn to play without breaking the spine of the other one so it'll stay put! :D

Spiral bound is sooo much more convenient when playing! Enjoy!

So I karaoke every weekend when I take in an excessive amount of Stormlight (That's my euphemism for alcohol, boys and girls) and not only did I do well on Heat of the Moment by Asia, I nailed White Wedding (Part I) by Billy Idol. I didn't even practice either one, but I dominated White Wedding.

So my sister who I was living with in NM asked me to move out by June 1st (since she is moving shortly after), and I have decided to go back to Arizona! I can't wait to go back home. I am going back to Phoenix this upcoming week for a couple job interviews, and I'm hoping I get an offer and so I'm able to move by the end of March. :)

The dates I'd chosen for my trip (March 13-16) were available and are now confirmed. 

I was able to book tickets, a hotel, and a rental car for a decent price. 

My brother's friend will be able to watch Bruce on those days. Best of all, she has Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off, so Wednesday will be the only day Bruce will have to spend a significant amount of time alone. 

Not everything is straightened out, but it's starting to come together. ^_^

The dates I'd chosen for my trip (March 13-16) were available and are now confirmed. 

I was able to book tickets, a hotel, and a rental car for a decent price. 

My brother's friend will be able to watch Bruce on those days. Best of all, she has Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off, so Wednesday will be the only day Bruce will have to spend a significant amount of time alone. 

Not everything is straightened out, but it's starting to come together. ^_^

Hooray!

I'm off work that Monday (I'll be in Con Recovery Mode from working Naka Kon), so if you have any panic moments or just need some moral support, you can call me.  All other days, you can text.  :)

Hooray!

I'm off work that Monday (I'll be in Con Recovery Mode from working Naka Kon), so if you have any panic moments or just need some moral support, you can call me.  All other days, you can text.  :)

Thanks! ^_^ 

And another bit of good news: My mom is leaving tomorrow, so in addition to that stressor being out of the way (well, except for by phone and text) I'll actually be able to call without raising suspicion. :ph34r: 

Thanks! ^_^

And another bit of good news: My mom is leaving tomorrow, so in addition to that stressor being out of the way (well, except for by phone and text) I'll actually be able to call without raising suspicion. :ph34r:

Woot!  Just shoot me a text beforehand and we can line up schedules.  I'd hate for you to call me when I'm on the elliptical or something - I can't talk and run at the same time. 

Woot!  Just shoot me a text beforehand and we can line up schedules.  I'd hate for you to call me when I'm on the elliptical or something - I can't talk and run at the same time. 

I HAVE a bluetooth earpiece!  What I DON'T have is enough oxygen!

#asthmaticsgottabreathe,yo

I will text. :P 

Party at Twi's house!

Only problem is that poor Bruce doesn't quite know what's going on, and found the departure of three of his humans and both of his dog friends stressful. He sat at the door and cried, then went to the window and barked for a while. Now he's dozing off next to me.