The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I started a new casual job on Monday and it's going well so far :)

I now have 2 (pretty well payed) casual jobs, both probably going to be around 8 hours per week. In other words I can keep myself funded while I spend the rest of my time working as an indie game dev, so this is pretty much ideal.

Also, I took my grade 8 AMEB singing exam last Saturday and I got a B which I am quite happy with.

(For context: in Aus the grades go from 1-8, then there's a certificate of performance and some diplomas.)

@Claincy: That's great to hear!

Also, I took my grade 8 AMEB singing exam last Saturday and I got a B which I am quite happy with.

(For context: in Aus the grades go from 1-8, then there's a certificate of performance and some diplomas.)

Oooh, nice! I'd like to have singing lessons at some point (only, time...). What pieces? Anything interesting, or more technical stuff?

@Claincy: That's great to hear!

Oooh, nice! I'd like to have singing lessons at some point (only, time...). What pieces? Anything interesting, or more technical stuff?

:)

Some technical bits, but more songs. Aside from a vocalise (which was enjoyable enough in it's own right) I sung Pieta Signore, Mit Einem Gemalten Band, Die Post and Ships of Arcady.

:)

Some technical bits, but more songs. Aside from a vocalise (which was enjoyable enough in it's own right) I sung Pieta Signore, Mit Einem Gemalten Band, Die Post and Ships of Arcady.

I see two of your song titles are in German! That reminds me of something that totally made my day this week. I was listening to my local classical radio station and they were playing something whose tune was immediately familiar to me, but it took me a few minutes to place it--it was an instrumental arrangement of "Die Forelle" that followed a theme and variations structure.

Funny story: the first time I ever heard "Die Forelle" was when I watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Moriarty has the gramophone playing it in the background as he tortures Holmes with the meat hook.

I see two of your song titles are in German! That reminds me of something that totally made my day this week. I was listening to my local classical radio station and they were playing something whose tune was immediately familiar to me, but it took me a few minutes to place it--it was an instrumental arrangement of "Die Forelle" that followed a theme and variations structure.

Ooh nice :) I've sung that one before too, tis a good song.

Funny story: the first time I ever heard "Die Forelle" was when I watched Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and Moriarty has the gramophone playing it in the background as he tortures Holmes with the meat hook.

Heh, not the most standard introduction :P

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

I've ordered my dad's Father's Day gift. Now I can stop swearing every time I walk into Target or Walmart and see reminders. :ph34r:

"Father: You gave me the gift of life without a gift receipt. As a result, I could not exchange it for something better. Allow me to repay you with this ugly sweater...without the gift receipt! Mwahaha!"

I saw a girl today that I knew for quite a few years of school, but we haven't seen each other for a while. We've been texting today and I think we really hit it off again! I don't really know what's going to happen, if anything, it just made me really happy! :)

Within 24 hours the big site upgrade will begin. I'm excited! There will be an announcement topic in the morning. For now, I shall sleep.

I saw a girl today that I knew for quite a few years of school, but we haven't seen each other for a while. We've been texting today and I think we really hit it off again! I don't really know what's going to happen, if anything, it just made me really happy! :)

Yay, that's great :)

Within 24 hours the big site upgrade will begin. I'm excited! There will be an announcement topic in the morning. For now, I shall sleep.

Hurray! Let's hope nothing will break, nothing will fall apart and nothing gets lost ^^

Huzzah! Woo!

I need to make an emote to commemorate this!

I don't tend to share many of the awesome things on the Internet. I find that I celebrate them in person and rant about the bad on the Internet. I also realize that it might seem like I complain a lot because of this. Right now there's a lot of really cool things happening in my life.

-I am preparing a move across the country, where I'm stopping on the way to see some of my really food friends. We are driving. 

-I am starting school in the fall after taking 7 years off after high school. 

-I get to get out of a terrible dead end job with a lot of technologically inept people.

I start my trip across the country on Friday evening! I can hardly contain myself I'm getting very very very excited. 

4 hours ago, Moru said:

I don't tend to share many of the awesome things on the Internet. I find that I celebrate them in person and rant about the bad on the Internet. I also realize that it might seem like I complain a lot because of this. Right now there's a lot of really cool things happening in my life.

-I am preparing a move across the country, where I'm stopping on the way to see some of my really food friends. We are driving. 

-I am starting school in the fall after taking 7 years off after high school. 

-I get to get out of a terrible dead end job with a lot of technologically inept people.

I start my trip across the country on Friday evening! I can hardly contain myself I'm getting very very very excited. 

Woo! Good luck with it all!

I have good news. I am back after a hectic term at school. Had assignments since week 1 whew. Just finished half yearlies thinking we were done for the term. Then the teacher dumped us with a tonne of PDHPE homework, An ENglish assignment to make an adaptation of Macbeth and an 8 minute presentation on a historical conspiracy. damnation. and we only have two weeks to go.....

How is everyone?

I turned 21 today.
Well, my sister totally forgot about my birthday (more like 'it's June already?!' than 'you have a birthsday?') cause she was working on her master's thesis :D We laughed about it and then she went "Oh no, I don't know what to give you" mode... but then I told her that there was recently the premiere of new book of that author I like and I'd like to have it.
So now I have acquired The Emperor's Soul! Yay!

My parent's gave me a one litre Jim Beam and some money. I think that the best use for that amount of money is to buy White Sand.
And I passed today's exam and today there were two storms... A good day it was :)