The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

On 27/08/2016 at 2:02 PM, Orlion Determined said:

If I've ever gotten on a soapbox here about how people are too obsessed with  avoiding spoilers

I have these two friends. One's name is Dimitri, and the other's is Al-Beka (last name, meaning "the sad" many jokes were made)

So we are sitting in English and Dimitri and Al-Beka begin to talk about Game of Thrones.

So I decide to join in during an opening when they were discussing Jon Snow.

So I ask "Did any of you have an idea whether Jon Snow was going to die or not"

Turns out Al-Beka had never watched Game of Thrones and was going to start watching it (that's what they were originally talking about)

He considered what I had said as a spoiler and literally lost his crem.

He went on about what a d*ckhead I was, and asked why I made spoiling things a profession (I had accidentally spoiled a Flash scene for him when I was discussing it with another friend). He then discribed how he was going to brutally murder me and then we spent the rest of the lesson with Al-Beka shooting me dark glances, and me laughing at the incongruity of it all whilst Dimitri sat between us looking half-amused half awkward.

13 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

They might need you for their homework, but when they don't, they'll cast you out. 

SO TRUUUU

With al-beka it's "Hey Taim" (Shortened form of my name), proceeds to describe how he was going to brutally murder me to "Oi, can you help me out with this"

Or with another friend, Sunny (the one who didn't know that Crash Bandicoot was a Bandicoot)

"oi f*ckwit, how did you get to celadon city??" he also frequently tells everyone to kill themselves

If they weren't my friends and if I hadn't known that they were joking (most of the time), then I would have had to change my name to Al-Beka XD

(These are the same group of friends who made the Harambe (RIP) jokes)

On the sunnier side of things, my employer's health insurance provider is doing one of those employee health incentives—you know, where they bribe you into health give rewards for reducing stress or losing weight? I've already earned a $50 gift card for completing a few of their "missions" (do something healthy for four weeks in a row) which will allow my wallet to breathe a small sigh of relief. :P 

14 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

On the sunnier side of things, my employer's health insurance provider is doing one of those employee health incentives—you know, where they bribe you into health give rewards for reducing stress or losing weight? I've already earned a $50 gift card for completing a few of their "missions" (do something healthy for four weeks in a row) which will allow my wallet to breathe a small sigh of relief. :P 

... they pay you to get more healthy?! Complete with achievements?!

What is this paradise.

Just now, Oversleep said:

... they pay you to get more healthy?! Complete with achievements?!

What is this paradise.

It should be noted that this is the first employer I've worked for that does this sort of thing. My last job did something similar, except it only gave discounts for "big" achievements like losing weight or quitting smoking. 

But so long as I have this job, I will take advantage of the perks. :ph34r: 

Couple weeks ago, my mom's fiance was sitting outside and noticed two dogs drinking out of the gutter. He called me over, and I approached them. After getting a hold of their collars, I called out the number on their collars so that he could call their owner. He did, he came, and picked them up.

Today, on my walk, I saw the same guy, chasing the same dogs. I called out, asking if he needed any help. He said no. I didn't take no for an answer. I tied my dog's leash around a mailbox and then gave chase. After catching up with the first, I game him a bellyrub until the owner could get his collar. Then, I got past the second, and herded him towards his owner. Today was a good day.

6 hours ago, Silverblade5 said:

Couple weeks ago, my mom's fiance was sitting outside and noticed two dogs drinking out of the gutter. He called me over, and I approached them. After getting a hold of their collars, I called out the number on their collars so that he could call their owner. He did, he came, and picked them up.

Today, on my walk, I saw the same guy, chasing the same dogs. I called out, asking if he needed any help. He said no. I didn't take no for an answer. I tied my dog's leash around a mailbox and then gave chase. After catching up with the first, I game him a bellyrub until the owner could get his collar. Then, I got past the second, and herded him towards his owner. Today was a good day.

Your good with dogs aren't you :) 

I'm about a year older, I have one, but I never use it :P I once tried to use the shard on it but everything exploded: somehow a random user's profile opened up, a few upvotes got given to random posts, and it logged off from my account just because it felt like it (?) Then I got scared and kept it back. Haven't used it since XD 

Edited by I_am_a_Stick

I don't have a phone and don't want one. If I got a smartphone I feel like I'd spend too much time on it and if I got a dumb phone I wouldn't use it enough to justify having it.

It kind of disturbs me how quickly it became outlandish for anyone over 12 to not have a phone.

Edited by Mistrunner
personal info

37 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

I'm 15, and I don't have a phone and don't want one. If I got a smartphone I feel like I'd spend too much time on it and if I got a dumb phone I wouldn't use it enough to justify having it.

It kind of disturbs me how quickly it became outlandish for anyone over 12 to not have a phone.

I mainly want the smartphone....to keep up....err acquaintances 

EDIT_ AND TO PLAY POKEMON GO OF COURSE

Edited by Darkness Ascendant

I got my first cell phone (a dumbphone) my sophomore year of high school, so I guess that means I was 15. (For a year or two prior to that, I'd been sharing a Nokia tracphone with my younger brother.) I still have the same phone six years later, although I now also have a smartphone that has no SIM card and can therefore only do Internet, Google maps, etc., when I can connect to Wi-Fi.