The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

2 minutes ago, Kaymyth said:

Yup.  Instead of tiredness, it was drunkenness.  One of these days I should write up some of the highlights of those shenanigans into the True Story thread.

Please do, knowing how insane the game can get (the first roll in mine was a guy getting eaten by a bush, and then there was fedoras that turn reality into film noir when you wear them, complete with a jazz song and making your inner monologue all husky and poetical) putting it on Discworld would just make it even more insane XD

1 hour ago, Delightful said:

So you play it with other people late at night and you try not to sleep, or just the characters can't sleep? How do you play?

<Has no gaming experience>

Your characters cant sleep.

Its like Dungeons and Dragons, sort of.

49 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

That looks like a really fun game @Morzathoth 

It is really fun.

10 minutes ago, Morzathoth said:

Your characters cant sleep.

Its like Dungeons and Dragons, sort of.

It is really fun.

But characters don't need to sleep? How does that effect gameplay?

Edit: My father says "Hello strange people on the internet who [Delightful] talks to"

Edited by Delightful

20 minutes ago, Delightful said:

Edit: My father says "Hello strange people on the internet who [Delightful] talks to"

Hi, Delightful's Dad! How are you? My name is Twi! What's your name? Do you like pugs? I like pugs. And punctuation. My favorite is the ~~~squiggly!~~~ Do you have a favorite punctuation mark? How about a favorite color? Or a puffy coat? Do you have a puffy coat? I don't have a puffy coat, but I think they look ~~so cool.~~ 

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Hi, Delightful's Dad! How are you? My name is Twi! What's your name? Do you like pugs? I like pugs. And punctuation. My favorite is the ~~~squiggly!~~~ Do you have a favorite punctuation mark? How about a favorite color? Or a puffy coat? Do you have a puffy coat? I don't have a puffy coat, but I think they look ~~so cool.~~ 

Squirrel! 

Ill pass that on :P

5 hours ago, Delightful said:

But characters don't need to sleep? How does that effect gameplay?

From what I read about DRYH on TVTropes characters do need to sleep. It's just that they really, really shouldn't now that the RPG has started.
Actually backstory has to include a reason why your character has been awake longer than usual, langer than anyone should be. Lack of sleep awakens your powers and also makes you aware of the supernatural world around you and you can go to the Mad City which is Dream World/Wonderland/NIghtmare realm/You get that.

There are Nightmares hunting for you and when you use your powers your Exhaustion (normal skill you have abnormal level at) or Madness (supernatural skill) goes up. When Exhaution goes all the way up, you fall asleep. And from what I've read in 99% of cases you'd rather want your character killed off than asleep. If your Madness goes all the way up, you turn into Nightmare. I think that you loose then, as character turns into NPC (not sure about that).

Madness skills should be more insane than whatever you guys came up with in Reckoners RPG. I think some Talents would qualify (hadn't read Alcatraz, not sure)

The goal is to somehow survive all that... Kill off your personal Nightmares or something.
@Morzathoth, did I get that right?

BTW, that game sounds really fun :D I even know what name I'd choose!

Edited by Oversleep

10 minutes ago, Oversleep said:

From what I read about DRYH on TVTropes characters do need to sleep. It's just that they really, really shouldn't now that the RPG has started.
Actually backstory has to include a reason why your character has been awake longer than usual, langer than anyone should be. Lack of sleep awakens your powers and also makes you aware of the supernatural world around you and you can go to the Mad City which is Dream World/Wonderland/NIghtmare realm/You get that.

There are Nightmares hunting for you and when you use your powers your Exhaustion (normal skill you have abnormal level at) or Madness (supernatural skill) goes up. When Exhaution goes all the way up, you fall asleep. And from what I've read in 99% of cases you'd rather want your character killed off than asleep. If your Madness goes all the way up, you turn into Nightmare. I think that you loose then, as character turns into NPC (not sure about that).

Madness skills should be more insane than whatever you guys came up with in Reckoners RPG. I think some Talents would qualify (hadn't read Alcatraz, not sure)

The goal is to somehow survive all that... Kill off your personal Nightmares or something.
@Morzathoth, did I get that right?

BTW, that game sounds really fun :D I even know what name I'd choose!

Yeah thats mostly right.

I do have the pdfs if anyone wants them :ph34r: Maybe we can give it a try some day.

Was just invited to the wedding of a girl that was one of "my students" (I'm not a teacher, but I volunteered in children's and youth ministry at our church for years, so this girl and several others were under my care off and on from kindergarten to high school graduation). She's the first of any of those kids to invite me to a wedding, even though she's not the first to get married (not too many have been married, though, so it's not like I've felt snubbed). Very exciting.

jW

Picked up my copy of Elantris. It's the glorious extended edition with lots of stuff.

Went to a beer with friend. It was good.

Friend had the present which didn't make it in time to my birthday party. So now I have the Watchmen with sketches and bonus material glorious edition.

It was a good day.

11 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

I FINISHED 11TH GRADE!!! WOO HOOOOOO!! :D:D:D

Wow, nice! *high five*

I had a good day today.

Wake up

Eat

Go to school

Watch 3 movies, play FTL beat the motherships again, play Isaac, beat Greed mode for the first time

Eat

Had an......interesting "conversation" with some girls across the road.

Went home

Eat

Played some more

Eat

Roleplayed

Eat

Oh, wait, should sleep be here? NOPE

more Roleplay

Homework

Eat

Still awake

1 minute ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Wow, nice! *high five*

I had a good day today.

Wake up

Eat

Go to school

Watch 3 movies, play FTL beat the motherships again, play Isaac, beat Greed mode for the first time

Eat

Had an......interesting "conversation" with some girls across the road.

Went home

Eat

Played some more

Eat

Roleplayed

Eat

Oh, wait, should sleep be here? NOPE

more Roleplay

Homework

Eat

Still awake

It's 7:00 in the morning where I am!