The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

I know y'all are probably tired of me posting about the band, but I just got back from another game and the football team killed it. I don't really care about football, but if the team makes it to playoffs then the band gets to play at more games. They've smashed everyone they've played so far, so chances are lookin' good.

This means, of course, that I get to sit in the kitchen eating ice cream and listening to Queen at 11:00 PM. :D

25 minutes ago, Mistrunner said:

I know y'all are probably tired of me posting about the band, but I just got back from another game and the football team killed it. I don't really care about football, but if the team makes it to playoffs then the band gets to play at more games. They've smashed everyone they've played so far, so chances are lookin' good.

This means, of course, that I get to sit in the kitchen eating ice cream and listening to Queen at 11:00 PM. :D

Hey, I love hearing about the marching band. Congrats on your successful football team and more opportunities for band performances!

@Darkness Ascendant It's a game that's easy to play with a class of school kids. Basically, the majority of the kids sit at desks while 7 of them (or if you have a smaller class, 3 or 4) are "it." The kids at the desks put their heads down so they can't see what's going on around them and make a "thumbs-up" with one hand. The "it" kids then go around and each pick one kid at a desk to press their thumb down. Once all the "it" kids have made their selections, they all gather at the front of the room and the teacher calls, "Heads up, 7 up!" which is the signal for the desk kids whose thumbs were pressed to stand up, and then they have to try to guess which of the "it" kids picked them. Anyone who gets correctly guessed has to sit down, and the kid who guessed them gets to be "it" for the next round.

1 hour ago, Sunbird said:

Hey, I love hearing about the marching band. Congrats on your successful football team and more opportunities for band performances!

@Darkness Ascendant It's a game that's easy to play with a class of school kids. Basically, the majority of the kids sit at desks while 7 of them (or if you have a smaller class, 3 or 4) are "it." The kids at the desks put their heads down so they can't see what's going on around them and make a "thumbs-up" with one hand. The "it" kids then go around and each pick one kid at a desk to press their thumb down. Once all the "it" kids have made their selections, they all gather at the front of the room and the teacher calls, "Heads up, 7 up!" which is the signal for the desk kids whose thumbs were pressed to stand up, and then they have to try to guess which of the "it" kids picked them. Anyone who gets correctly guessed has to sit down, and the kid who guessed them gets to be "it" for the next round.

Huh, we played that in my primary school too (in Aus), cept it was called "Heads down, thumbs up!"

13 hours ago, Orlion Determined said:

Essentially, if they post a status, you'll get a notification about it. 

That's it. The Shard encourages its members to wall itself off from other Internet social mediums. Once this first phase is accomplished, we will be turned into donkeys spiked and sold to BrazilScadrial to work in the coal mines!pits of Hathsin!

Fixed it for you!

4 hours ago, Sunbird said:

3 hours ago, Claincy said:

Huh, we played that in my primary school too (in Aus), cept it was called "Heads down, thumbs up!"

We called it "heads down thumbs up" too :) 

14 minutes ago, PantsForSquares said:

BOOM!

GUESS WHO JUST NAILED AN INTERVIEW FOR A COMPANY THAT I WANT TO DO MY INTERNSHIP WITH

EEEENNDKJEFKJSDFJBSFDJDSGLJSGDLJSGD NOT ENOUGH WORDS TO EXPRESS THIS

Congrats! :D

Also, I've been meaning to ask--is your name taken from an episode of Fairly OddParents?

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Congrats! :D

Also, I've been meaning to ask--is your name taken from an episode of Fairly OddParents?

Thanks!

I've never actually watched Fairly OddParents (yes, I know, I blaspheme), but my friends and I used to joke that "pants are for squares" and now I just use it as one of my internet aliases.

42 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Trader Joes is here and everything is so much cheaper! :wub:

I love Trader Joe's, though we have a tendency to spend way too much there.  Aldi's far better for actually really cheap prices, though (just a very specific selection, rarely two brands of the same thing).

jW

49 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If it's food that's cheaper than food at Whole Foods or Walmart, I'll gladly buy into that illusion. :P 

Cheaper than Walmart? Now I am concerned!

There is not a Trader Joes close enough to me to justify shopping there, and Whole Foods is what I consider a scam. Luckily, Krogers and Meijers tend to have good selections.