The Good News Thread: I'm So Excited! And I Just Can't Hide It!

traceria

1 minute ago, Sunbird said:

@bleeder Congrats on getting picked for that choir event! The name Maryville seems familiar... Is it in Ohio, by any chance?

Nope. Tennessee. About an hour south of Knoxville, methinks.

Thanks! I was surprised, as there are other talented freshmen, but I'm glad I made it.

Edited by bleeder

2 hours ago, Kaymyth said:

AFTER it's been graded.  If the teacher does internet searches to check for plagiarism, coming up with matches on the Shard could prompt...questions.

Right, forgot about that. :rolleyes: After the essay been graded, then?

Just now, Darkness Ascendant said:

Damnation! Your right! How the hell did I get 8/10/16? They must have changed the date after the last time I checked :/

I usually just check IMDB or rottentomatoes in the morning to double check if something is on that night. Usually works pretty well, too, since it meant that I didn't have to wait around for Agents of SHIELD because apparently they took a week break for some weird reason.

So last week I took a test about wildlife and the animal kingdom in general and didn't do so well on it... 75/100. But our professor gave us the chance to retake it (since apparently several people in our class scored in the 50s) and our final grade would be the average of the two scores, and I got my 2nd attempt back today. 96/100, which brings my average for the exam to 85.5, which I am much happier with than the 75. :)

Edited by Sunbird

3 hours ago, Sunbird said:

So last week I took a test about wildlife and the animal kingdom in general and didn't do so well on it... 75/100. But our professor gave us the chance to retake it (since apparently several people in our class scored in the 50s) and our final grade would be the average of the two scores, and I got my 2nd attempt back today. 96/100, which brings my average for the exam to 85.5, which I am much happier with than the 75. :)

Congratulations! Also, did you have time to prepare for it?

21 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Congratulations! Also, did you have time to prepare for it?

Sort of. We had a few class periods between the time we finished learning the material and the time we actually took the test, but the first time, our professor wasn't very clear about exactly what would be on the test. Although the TA held a review session, it matched up very poorly with the actual test questions.

So we took the test the first time on a Monday, and during the next class period, on Wednesday, we got them back graded and were told about the do-over opportunity. The TA said it would be literally the exact same test and that we'd be taking it the following class period, on Friday, so I looked up all the right answers and committed them to memory. I didn't score 100% on the do-over, though, because apparently the professor's correct answers didn't always line up with what Wikipedia told me. (I think he used a lot of older/outdated names for the taxonomic classifications.)

8 minutes ago, Sunbird said:

Sort of. We had a few class periods between the time we finished learning the material and the time we actually took the test, but the first time, our professor wasn't very clear about exactly what would be on the test. Although the TA held a review session, it matched up very poorly with the actual test questions.

So we took the test the first time on a Monday, and during the next class period, on Wednesday, we got them back graded and were told about the do-over opportunity. The TA said it would be literally the exact same test and that we'd be taking it the following class period, on Friday, so I looked up all the right answers and committed them to memory. I didn't score 100% on the do-over, though, because apparently the professor's correct answers didn't always line up with what Wikipedia told me. (I think he used a lot of older/outdated names for the taxonomic classifications.)

Ah ok

On the other hand today be the day of yer's truly's birth!

10 hours ago, PantsForSquares said:

So, uh, I somehow aced my math test?

I did really well on it, which was kind of unexpected. Most other people I know also did well, which is super weird.

But hey, easy grades!

I don't know whether to say ur lucky or smart :/ I never study for most of my tests, mainly because....their simple. And I almost always ace them.

But there's one subject I always study for.

Math.

And I never score high. :/

4 minutes ago, Dankness Ascendant said:

I don't know whether to say ur lucky or smart :/ I never study for most of my tests, mainly because....their simple. And I almost always ace them.

But there's one subject I always study for.

Math.

And I never score high. :/

I want to respond to this normally, but then I see your avatar.

As a die-hard Iron Fist fan, I don't know how to feel about the fact that you've got one of the worst Iron Fist covers as your avatar :(. Living Weapon was a complete letdown, especially compared to the awesomeness of Immortal Iron Fist.

8 minutes ago, PantsForSquares said:

I want to respond to this normally, but then I see your avatar.

As a die-hard Iron Fist fan, I don't know how to feel about the fact that you've got one of the worst Iron Fist covers as your avatar :(. Living Weapon was a complete letdown, especially compared to the awesomeness of Immortal Iron Fist.

I'm sorry I know. I love Iron fist too. Thing is, the stupid uploader woudn't let me. The pics were a few Kb too big. I always liked the Immortal weapons in general. And hey, Living Weapon sounded good on the cover hey? That's a little bit why I picked it up XD

EDIT- Changed to one of my favourite deadpool covers XD

Edited by Dankness Ascendant