What would YOU choose?

72 members have voted

1. 1. Which weapon/other thing of the sort is best?

• Nightblood or other Awakened sword/knife.
    • Shardblade
    • Shardplate
    • Half-Shard
    • Surgebinding
    • Hallucinations (such as Legion had)
    • Awakening (10,000 Breaths)
    • Being Returned
    • Sword (basic sword)
    • Allomancy
    • Feruchemy
    • $10 billion
    • Being Brandon Sanderson
    • Other (explain "other" in comments please)
    • Being Dan Wells
    • Being a different Author
    • Twinborn

Folks, $10 billion can buy any of the others. Not to mention that if you invest it wisely, it will continue to be able to buy them for the foreseeable future!

I disagree. Can you buy Surgebinding? No. Awakening? It's unlikely, nobody has the proper skill to teach you. If, however, you spend almost all of your money, J suppose you might get enough to reach the eith, ninth, or tenth heightening.

Hemalurgy FTW! I just Allomantically compounded your Awakened Shardblade. Checkmate.

We aren't fighting. We're forming a group of the best fighters in the cosmere+.

What is Hemalurgy? I haven't read Mistborn yet—I cant find it anywhere.

I feel like deleting Other from the options. However, then I would lose my Awakened Shardblade. However, if I had $10,000,000,000 And already had 10,000 Breaths, and a Shardblade, I could probably awaken my own Shardblade. Hm...

Edited by Stroniax

I disagree. Can you buy Surgebinding? No. Awakening? It's unlikely, nobody has the proper skill to teach you. If, however, you spend almost all of your money, J suppose you might get enough to reach the eith, ninth, or tenth heightening.

The method for buying these things is called "employing people who can." Seriously, in many of the magic systems we've seen, the magic is bought and sold in the respective worlds, although the medium isn't always money.

Well pretty much anything other than allomancy and feruchemy is useless in our universe since we don't have people with Breath, no stormlight, no elantris so I assume it's in the cosmere :P

$10 billion? :D

Breaths, Shardblades and Nightbloods. would've been useful.

I wouldn't choose Hemalurgy even in the Cosmere. Maybe earing or something like that. Even though spike eyes look awesome its still too much. Doing that to yourself for power is pathetic imo. Original Allomancy and Feruchemy would've been enough for me or Being Returned+Awakening but only if I start with 100k breaths or more.

Btw where are Elantris magics?

Personally I have to pick Allomancy, it just has the most application to my situation. Being unable to walk, pewter helps with that. Can't get a date? Zinc and brass. Want to fly around the city in the dark for no reason? Iron, steel, and tin. Cadmium and bendalloy would be fun too.