hello people I am indeed here

Alright, so Mailliw told you the deal of telling the weakness to the GMs and all that stuff? By the way, the happyness power of Euphoria dosn't affect Epics (and given that it's in a flashback ending your post there is somewhat awkward. :ph34r: )

Ok. Here's what I have so far.

Original Name: Jonathon Thorouwmis

Epic Name: The Equalizer

Power: Can change anything to something else that shares at least three of the following characteristics: weight, mass, volume, material.

Jonatthon was born in a small town in Wisconsin. His father died when he was 5 in a lumberjacking accident when a tree fell on his head. he could have escaped, but he ran straight ahead instead of taking a few steps to the side. Ten years later, his mother, having taken his father's job, did the same thing. Calamity apprently noticed the potential for idiocy because later that week, he turned?(what's the technical term?) into an Epic and destroyed the town by turning the ground underneath the entire town into an extremely dense 1' by 1' by 1' cube of dirt. Everyone fell to their deaths except Jonathon, now calling himself The Equalizer, who went to go avenge his family by destroying all trees. (not the sharpest cookie in the drawer)

Edited by phattemer

Would it be impolite to interrupt with the version of "Nightmare Night" I wrote about Obliteration's introduction to the RP? :mellow:

It would be incredible rude not to do it right sparking now! :P

Power: Can change anything to something else that shares at least three of the following characteristics: weight, mass, volume, material. e.g. could not change air to steel because would only share volume.

bio will come in 5-10 min

So the objects need the same density and while I know that mass and weight are two different things, it seems redundant to have both in praxis... I'll be honest on the top of my head I can't think of a single use for that power. :huh:  Examples, please?

Edit: Thought of somnething, reshaping objects. Any limits to what he can affect, aka. line of sight, touch ect?

Edited by Edgedancer

Well in that case...

Yeah, what you know about WoBs, son?

Welcome Epics and normal folk
No reason to scream
Obliteration is back
He's takin' over the scene
He's been shielded by canon
But mail-mi's question changed that
He's comin' to Oregon now
So best prepare for attack
He'll be dishin' out judgement
With his sword and his fire
He's gonna blow you all back with his biblical ire
So repent all ye sinners
And put away all your spite
Obliteration is back
To mete out judgement tonight!

He's turning up the heat
So your defeat
Is swiftly drawing near
With a teleport flare
And an End Times prayer
You won't last long when he gets here!

Now little Epics this ends your golden age
Annihilation has a face
And it's contorted with rage
So hurry
Go fight your squabbles
And defend what is yours
Be the harbingers of battles and the rumors of wars
Now listen
And pray above that the day he comes back
Is the day that you start running
And not ever turn back
So crawl away and go fight
And pretend that you're great
Obliteration has come
Itchin' to finish this state!

He's turning up the heat
So your defeat
Is swiftly drawing near
With a teleport flare
And an End Times prayer
You won't last long when he gets here...

What is praxis?

I was then going to have him think he has done it, have nothing to do, anger a High Epic, and try to escape... to Corvallis.

Who are the GMs?

Edited by phattemer

Well in that case...

No reason to scream

Obliteration is back

So repent all ye sinners

Obliteration is back

He's turning up the heat

So your defeat

Is swiftly drawing near

With a teleport flare

And an End Times prayer

Annihilation has a face

So hurry

Go fight your squabbles

And defend what is yours

Now listen

And not ever turn back

Obliteration has come

He's turning up the heat

So your defeat

Is swiftly drawing near

With a teleport flare

And an End Times prayer

Abbie is the only one who even sort of understands what I'm grinning about. :D

Well in that case...

No reason to scream
Obliteration is back
So repent all ye sinners
Obliteration is back

He's turning up the heat
So your defeat
Is swiftly drawing near
With a teleport flare
And an End Times prayer

Annihilation has a face
So hurry
Go fight your squabbles
And defend what is yours
Now listen
And not ever turn back
Obliteration has come

He's turning up the heat
So your defeat
Is swiftly drawing near
With a teleport flare
And an End Times prayer

*Applause.*

What is praxis?

I was then going to have him think he has done it, have nothing to do, anger a High Epic, and try to escape... to Corvallis.

What he could actually do with his powers. As I added above the description leaves way for him reshaping objects. Which opens the questions of range of effect, speed of transfer, does the object simply pop into exsistence, can he affect living organisms, can he make something appear in another object?

Have done what? The assassination?

Twi and Comatose.

Abbie is the only one who even sort of understands what I'm grinning about. :D

Then explain Twi. Explain! :P

Edited by Edgedancer

*Applause.*

What he could actually do with his powers. As I added above the description leaves way for him reshaping objects. Which opens the questions of range of effect, speed of transfer, does the object simply pop into exsistence, can he affect living organisms, can he make something appear in another object?

Have done what? The assassination?

Twi and Comatose.

Then explain Twi. Explain! :P

I've tried, but no on else appreciates the simple beauty of Epics destroying Oregon in an insane RPG. :(

Power: Can change anything to something else that shares at least three of the following characteristics: weight, mass, volume, material.

Jonatthon was born in a small town in Wisconsin. His father died when he was 5 in a lumberjacking accident when a tree fell on his head. he could have escaped, but he ran straight ahead instead of taking a few steps to the side. Ten years later, his mother, having taken his father's job, did the same thing. Calamity apprently noticed the potential for idiocy because later that week, he turned?(what's the technical term?) into an Epic and destroyed the town by turning the ground underneath the entire town into an extremely dense 1' by 1' by 1' cube of dirt. Everyone fell to their deaths except Jonathon, now calling himself The Equalizer, who went to go avenge his family by destroying all trees. (not the sharpest cookie in the drawer)

Voidus, could you do a physik check on what would happen to a cube that dense. My money is on it exploding from the lack of pressure to hold it in that density. Which at the same time make me worry about the unlimted potential for energy, as well as the ability to freely reshape the entire earth and atmosphere.

I've tried, but no on else appreciates the simple beauty of Epics destroying Oregon in an insane RPG. :(

But we understand Twi. There shall be a Revalation of Fanon, never seen before! B)

Changing that detail would be appreciated, yes.

I'm sorry, but every fiber of my being objects to the most hard limit you've set to be casually brushed aside with a mood swing.

I'll leave the details of the question to Voidus but given that gravity would still affect him the best he should be able to do is cause zero G with no directional vectors and not actual flight.

Pick a good one. Just remember David and Megan's flirting talk about guns and let it guide you. :P

Concerning phattemer, maybe send him a pm?

Sure. Can do. And done.

It's not exactly a hard limit. Temperatures around -20, -25 can be done easily, anything colder requires more time, effort and concentration. One of those requirements can be supplanted for more of the other two. Effort and concentration tend to be in much better supply when he's angry. Simple as that.

I know he can do static levitation, but it makes intuitive sense to me for him to be able to fly as well. Gravity effectively adds a consistent amount of kinetic energy relative to mass, so that the end result is an acceleration of 9.8m/s^2, right? Frostfire's power is the ability to temporarily absorb and redirect energy. So when he's falling, he's shifting the downwards oriented kinetic energy sideways instead. In essence, he's taking kinetic energy as it's being converted from gravitational potential energy, and turning it sideways. Maybe this only actually works in my head. It's not as if it would be the first time. :P

Sure. Can do. And done.

It's not exactly a hard limit. Temperatures around -20, -25 can be done easily, anything colder requires more time, effort and concentration. One of those requirements can be supplanted for more of the other two. Effort and concentration tend to be in much better supply when he's angry. Simple as that.

I know he can do static levitation, but it makes intuitive sense to me for him to be able to fly as well. Gravity effectively adds a consistent amount of kinetic energy relative to mass, so that the end result is an acceleration of 9.8m/s^2, right? Frostfire's power is the ability to temporarily absorb and redirect energy. So when he's falling, he's shifting the downwards oriented kinetic energy sideways instead. In essence, he's taking kinetic energy as it's being converted from gravitational potential energy, and turning it sideways. Maybe this only actually works in my head. It's not as if it would be the first time. :P

From what I understand of physics, you would actually have to be falling in order to have kinetic energy, so he would fall a little bit and then move in the other direction that same amount.

Sure. Can do. And done.

Thanks.

So how much random spikes in power can we expect?

But once he shifted the vector to the side the acceleration would disapear, meaning he couldn't keep pushing himself to the side. He could fall for a bit then shift the energy in a direction and repeat until he reaches the ground but no sideways movement without falling before.

Edit: ninjad. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

One thing you could have him do is to jump off of something really tall, and right before reaching the ground, absorb all of his kenidic energy. Then have him jump, adding the absorbed energy to boost his jump. Repeated process for a long string of super jumps, kind of like flying.

One thing you could have him do is to jump off of something really tall, and right before reaching the ground, absorb all of his kenidic energy. Then have him jump, adding the absorbed energy to boost his jump. Repeated process for a long string of super jumps, kind of like flying.

Wouldn't the whiplash from that just snap his neck or worse?