Thanks.

So how much random spikes in power can we expect?

But once he shifted the vector to the side the acceleration would disapear, meaning he couldn't keep pushing himself to the side. He could fall for a bit then shift the energy in a direction and repeat until he reaches the ground but no sideways movement without falling before.

Edit: ninjad. :ph34r:

Not much. Ten, fifteen degrees at most, in terms of heat draining. (And that'll be pretty rare.) I haven't put any limits in numbers yet on how long he can hold various amounts of energy, but there won't be a massive increase there either.

So, he can fall diagonally? ...That's.... decidedly unimpressive. :P Better than nothing though, I suppose. What could he do working with a gravity manipulator? I know he can levitate, but he'd still have inertia, right? He could split Edgerunner's kinetic energy though. It'd more than half their speed, but it would still be faster than walking.

Edited by Aonar Faileas

Wouldn't the whiplash from that just snap his neck or worse?

I don't think so. If he can slowly absorb his kenidic energy, and then slowly release it, then I think he wouldn't get whiplash.

I came up with this idea when thinking about uses for Converter's power, so really hope this is feasible.

Kobold, what would the interior of the command station look like, and what would Arsenal be doing when she and Shiny Sparkle arrive? Oh, and Edge, is it okay if I just take them there?

Um... uh... well, you see... it's probably... uh...

oie_vcwtd86gtige_by_gravityfallsgifs-d6c

(I'm open to suggestions on that front. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't put much thought into that detail. :P)

Wooo, lots to catch up on.  You guys have had an eventful morning.

So, are there going to any sizable explorations in Corvallis, any thing me soon, because I would like to get Converter in the city sometime. I'm dying to write her opening post.

Not sure what you mean by explorations, but it's open for characters, as long as they are RP ready, either as existing residents or immigrants. 

On Converter, her powerset is incredibly dangerous.  I can definitely think of reasons for Rainmaker to keep her around (Converter + Lightning = renewable energy source anyone), but she would be worried about the whole death explosion thing, so she'd probably keep a VERY close eye on her, and not giver her much freedom. 

As long as you are okay with that, I think she'd be welcome in Corvallis. 

Also finally read Corvallis. I proclaim awesomness! :lol:

Only two details that confuse me a bit. For one, why would the soldiers need to work in darkness if Rainmaker is radianting her furry, plus whatever light Calamity is sending down and judgind from Newcago that should still be a good amount.

And the other, how is Decoy giving his healing to another Epic? :huh:

Now concerning Kenshin, what kind of accommodation would she get?

Also is there a chance that if she entered town in the scene described she would have been able to stand on the sideline watch Rainmaker deliver the smackdown to the Iron Maiden? Otherwise, how frequent are these welcomings for newcomers.

Rainmaker's light shines brightly, but she's small (nowhere near sun or star sized) so if she's on the other side of the city, especially at ground level, and has clouded over the sky, it's still gonna be pretty dark. 

I did not take Calamity into account though.  I'll have to reread some of Steelheart and figure out how that plays into things.  For now, just assume they have reasons to be trained to fight in the dark, but they weren't necessarily using those skills at the moment (come to think of it, they wouldn't be anyways, or at least not until Rainmaker left). 

Decoy wasn't gifting her healing ability, she was using her other power.  She has the power to make a link with another person, then all the damage they suffer is transferred to her instead, and she is able to heal it (usually).  So the link she established with Euphoria protected Euphoria by transferring the damage Euphoria would have suffered to Decoy.  I didn't put too much more thought than that into it (since she was being killed off), but let me know if any edits need doing. 

In general, I think I'm fine with people rating their own epics in terms of power and usefulness, and deciding what kinds of residences and servant numbers are appropriate (otherwise I can already see myself getting inundated with these sorts of questions).  As long as you find a way to justify it in your head, and it isn't too outlandish, (like 100 servants and a castle for an epic who has the power to pop balloons), then it should be fine.  I'm fine with being consulted, and will step in if I feel something is unreasonable, but I'm also fine with people taking initiative and doing their own world building. 

For Kenshin, she has a pretty useful combat power, so off the top of my head I'm guessing somewhere mid-level for home and number of servants.  Let if me know if that sounds right for you.

And she can absolutely be in that group of immigrants from the prologue.  I would love to see what other characters thought of that scene. 

Excellent post, Comatose! Loving it. Perhaps I could do a Chase post?

Absolutely!  PM me or ask here if you have any questions!

Names are already a good first step. ;)

Yeah, so good. Talking about Euphoria, Comatose have you actually worked out that tier system she mentioned?

(We also totally have to add Decoy to the list of worst Epic names ever. :P )

I mentioned mobiles once or twice. Otherwise Lucentia would still be in Astoria and have no clue were Nighthound currently is. Otherwise, I didn't have much reason to use them.

p.s. New Voidgaze segment up. B)

The tier system is not based on power level or social rank, but on value to the city.  So the Queens are tier (1 or A, I can't remember which I used off hand), and I haven't worked it out beyond that.  Rainmaker, obviously, is tierless, and not because crying smudges her make-up (lol). 

Anyways, I think I got every point that was directed at me.  Repost or otherwise let me know if I missed any!

Wooo, lots to catch up on.  You guys have had an eventful morning.

Not sure what you mean by explorations, but it's open for characters, as long as they are RP ready, either as existing residents or immigrants. 

On Converter, her powerset is incredibly dangerous.  I can definitely think of reasons for Rainmaker to keep her around (Converter + Lightning = renewable energy source anyone), but she would be worried about the whole death explosion thing, so she'd probably keep a VERY close eye on her, and not giver her much

I ment explosions, stupid autocorrect. So if an unknown epic suddenly appeared, what would rainmaker do?

I ment explosions, stupid autocorrect. So if an unknown epic suddenly appeared, what would rainmaker do?

She might not deal with it herself, but she would probably get one of the other characters to help figure out the new epic's powers, and then figure out how they could be of use to the city.  In Converter's case, once people figure out what she can do she'll most likely be taken to Rainmaker directly.  Right now, Rainmaker has called a meeting of the Queen, so Converter would probably be held until Rainmaker would have time to meet her and decide what to do about her. 

As things stand in the city now, Rainmaker probably wouldn't be adverse to having an Epic of that kind of power ready to set on the city if things go south. 

Well in that case...

Yeah, what you know about WoBs, son?

Welcome Epics and normal folk

No reason to scream

Obliteration is back

He's takin' over the scene

He's been shielded by canon

But mail-mi's question changed that

He's comin' to Oregon now

So best prepare for attack

He'll be dishin' out judgement

With his sword and his fire

He's gonna blow you all back with his biblical ire

So repent all ye sinners

And put away all your spite

Obliteration is back

To mete out judgement tonight!

He's turning up the heat

So your defeat

Is swiftly drawing near

With a teleport flare

And an End Times prayer

You won't last long when he gets here!

Now little Epics this ends your golden age

Annihilation has a face

And it's contorted with rage

So hurry

Go fight your squabbles

And defend what is yours

Be the harbingers of battles and the rumors of wars

Now listen

And pray above that the day he comes back

Is the day that you start running

And not ever turn back

So crawl away and go fight

And pretend that you're great

Obliteration has come

Itchin' to finish this state!

He's turning up the heat

So your defeat

Is swiftly drawing near

With a teleport flare

And an End Times prayer

You won't last long when he gets here...

Wow. Kobold, you missed your calling in writing Reckonersverse related songs. :P

About Frostfire, with Edgerunner falling sideways in the sky near him, he'd be able to leech off her power and use that to fall similar to her, I think. What do you guys think?

She might not deal with it herself, but she would probably get one of the other characters to help figure out the new epic's powers, and then figure out how they could be of use to the city.  In Converter's case, once people figure out what she can do she'll most likely be taken to Rainmaker directly.  Right now, Rainmaker has called a meeting of the Queen, so Converter would probably be held until Rainmaker would have time to meet her and decide what to do about her. 

As things stand in the city now, Rainmaker probably wouldn't be adverse to having an Epic of that kind of power ready to set on the city if things go south.

So back to my earlier question, when would a sizable explosion happen?

At least as big as she is.

Okay, so the damage would be limited to the size of a person?  If that's the case she could appear pretty much anywhere. 

As for timing, she can appear any time, but you will mostly be interacting with NPCs until Rainmaker is ready (unless Edge would want Kenshin to be sent out with a retrieval team?).

If the explosion is big enough to cause a ruckus and draw Rainmaker out immediately, then I would prefer for the Queens to meet first, so we have a chance to meet each of them, and get a feel for their dynamic.

Okay, so the damage would be limited to the size of a person?  If that's the case she could appear pretty much anywhere. 

As for timing, she can appear any time, but you will mostly be interacting with NPCs until Rainmaker is ready (unless Edge would want Kenshin to be sent out with a retrieval team?).

If the explosion is big enough to cause a ruckus and draw Rainmaker out immediately, then I would prefer for the Queens to meet first, so we have a chance to meet each of them, and get a feel for their dynamic.

Even if it was a small explosion, Converter would still cause a commotion just being who she is. I'll start writing her death scene, and once the meeting of the queens is over, I'll write her entrance.