Yes she can. I don't know if that makes her to open. I tried to put some limitation on how long she could hold energy, but tell me what you guys think.

I think a good limit to add would be that she has to touch whatever she's draining, unless it's a source that radiates large and constant amounts, like the sun. Otherwise, she could just walk into a crowd and kill everyone within ten feet of her before burning everyone else to death.

I think a good limit to add would be that she has to touch whatever she's draining, unless it's a source that radiates large and constant amounts, like the sun. Otherwise, she could just walk into a crowd and kill everyone within ten feet of her before burning everyone else to death.

Then it gets tricky for stopping bullets. Maybe for living organisms she has to touch them, but inanimate objects she can drain from a distance.

Since Nighthound is in Portland, that's kind of out of reach, haha. In other news, I finished reading Astoria, so now I'm caught up in every thread but the 45+ page monster that is Portland.

I'll do a detailed power-set in a bit, but for now, he has an intentional (as in not automatic) PI, other defensive abilities, not much offense, but some. He's an intrigue and spying on people type of character. I think he could survive well in any of the threads I've read, but I'd prefer to put him somewhere other than Corvallis, since I already have enough stuff going on there.

Here is Converter's hopefully final powers

Primary power: The ability to absorb, convert, and release any type of energy in a 10 ft radius. She can also retain the energy she has absorbed, but she loses 10% of it per hour if she is calm, and up to 90% if she is really angry. She doesn't have a limit to how much energy she can hold, but keeping the energy can be a problem. (Don't let her near a power plant, that would extremely bad.) She can only give energy to an object if she is touching it, otherwise the energy she releases acts in its normal way. (Heat: convection/radiation.) If she has enough electrical energy, she can cause a static charge to build up on her hands that can then jump?? to other object, like lightning. She can absorb her own energy, but that really isn't helpful except for her kinetic energy. She can absorb her kinetic energy if she falls. She could, is she wanted to, stop air from circulating around a person, but that would require immense concentration, so she couldn't use it in a fight, and she couldn't be distracted by anything, or else the air would flow again. She also can't control how the energy acts once she releases it.

Secondary power: Reincarnation. When she dies, all energy she has is released and her body is then reformed in an explosion, one that isn't caused by her death. She has some control over where she reforms, but not a lot. She can choose a general region, about 100 miles radius, but other than that, she has no control. Sometimes she doesn't choose at all, and reappears at random. Once her body reforms, she automatically absorbs all of the energy of that explosion.

Personality: When she is reincarnated, she is usually is really angry, and goes on a minny rendering. Once she stops that, she is pretty easy to get along with, for a time. After a while she gets kind of bored, so she usually lets herself get killed, just to a change of scenery. Her longest time in between reincarnations is about six months.

Hope you like it

So, the explosion she reincarnates must in an explosion caused by something else? What is her reincarnation range? What happens if there are no explosions?

Then it gets tricky for stopping bullets. Maybe for living organisms she has to touch them, but inanimate objects she can drain from a distance.

The bullets could just stop when they hit her skin automatically, as she absorbs the energy from them as soon as they hit.

Since Nighthound is in Portland, that's kind of out of reach, haha. In other news, I finished reading Astoria, so now I'm caught up in every thread but the 45+ page monster that is Portland.I'll do a detailed power-set in a bit, but for now, he has an intentional (as in not automatic) PI, other defensive abilities, not much offense, but some. He's an intrigue and spying on people type of character. I think he could survive well in any of the threads I've read, but I'd prefer to put him somewhere other than Corvallis, since I already have enough stuff going on there. So, the explosion she reincarnates must in an explosion caused by something else? What is her reincarnation range? What happens if there are no explosions? The bullets could just stop when they hit her skin automatically, as she absorbs the energy from them as soon as they hit.

I was thinking that she could go any where in the world.

I think that she could have a limited danger sence, so that if something would kill her, she would absorbe its energy, but only cor small things.

Edited by TheSilverDragon

So apparently I made an Epic who can eat his own elbows...  :huh:

Sooo, because I evidently feel making ponies is more important than studying, here you go:

Euphoria:

Euphoria%20Pony.png
CODES:
Pose: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Accs: 2000000D000000066CC664000000066CC660CC000019191957F7F7F066CC668000000066CC66
Pony: 2S5K000000FE8CAD000000046010066FEBE173850522000181FEEC8FFEB5662U107F3FCC004CB2

Rainmaker:

Rainmaker%20Pony.png
CODES:
Pose: 000247046070267056023000290354000295016024005333
Accs: 0EEFE6E066CC660FFFEFF066CC662FEFFFF04E8FBAFFFF8C3FE00840B700FE3FE0084066CC66
Pony: 305K2S7234FEFEFEF0FE4A03801383A18UN1837540000000Z10000008CFEF20K107F3FCC004CB2

Also I LOVE the Powerpuffs! They look GREAT!

Question: Does Rainmaker know their weaknesses? It's fine if she doesn't (it might be better that way), but I was just curious.

One of us, one of us!

You should. Eh, whatever, Voidus did it. Her weakness is

blindfolds. Originally just from a simple fear of the dark.

. I plan to never go into the reasons why that is her fear in the RP.

Also, does anyone in Corvallis want their character to meet up with Hypno?

Well to be honest I figured anyone who tries to take advantage of her weakness after knowing the story behind it would be a horrible person, which I'm sure no one here is so I'm not too worried.

Reader finding new and creative ways to be a slontze doesn't even surprise me any more. I just hope he never gets the chance to have a one-on-one chat with Scribbler. :wacko:

Given her existing hatred for Reader and Epics in general I can only see that conversation ending one way.  :ph34r:

Hey, I'd like to join the Corvallis thread, so I'll post my Epic here, if you guys want to critique it that would be great

Tonedeath

Epic

Primary Power:  Sound Manipulation

Example: He can make any noise he can hear louder or quieter, or change the pitch

Secondary Power:  Minor Sonic Vibrations

Example: He can emit a small focused wave of sound that can affect physical things in a minor way

Tertiary Power: Echolocation

Example:  He can make a map of his surroundings in his head, by hearing sounds bounce off of walls and people, He is constantly making a clicking sound to update his sound map. Also he can overlay the Sound Map over his vision and he can see sound as well as physical objects, though it is very disorienting.

Back Story:

Tonedeath used to be Philip Jones an air traffic worker at a military base. After a tragic accident, he was left in a coma and lost the use of his eyes.  After two years he awoke as an Epic, his coma stifled his rending short. He eventually struck out with a previous hospital ward mate, Lawrence “Larry” Seger. By then Tonedeath had been born, and he and Larry began their adventures.

Appearance:

Tonedeath wears his old reflective vest, although the orange part has been spray painted black, with the silver reflective part left the same. He wears black pants and a black t-shirt under the vest. He also wears mechanic’s goggles, to hide his useless eyes. He carries two handguns.

Hey, I'd like to join the Corvallis thread, so I'll post my Epic here, if you guys want to critique it that would be great

Tonedeath

Epic

Primary Power: Sound Manipulation

Example: He can make any noise he can hear louder or quieter, or change the pitch

Secondary Power: Minor Sonic Vibrations

Example: He can emit a small focused wave of sound that can affect physical things in a minor way

Example: He can make a map of his surroundings in his head, by hearing sounds bounce off of walls and people, He is constantly making a clicking sound to update his sound map. Also he can overlay the Sound Map over his vision and he can see sound as well as physical objects, though it is very disorienting.

Back Story:

Tonedeath used to be Philip Jones an air traffic worker at a military base. After a tragic accident, he was left in a coma and lost the use of his eyes. After two years he awoke as an Epic, his coma stifled his rending short. He eventually struck out with a previous hospital ward mate, Lawrence “Larry” Seger. By then Tonedeath had been born, and he and Larry began their adventures.

Appearance:

Tonedeath wears his old reflective vest, although the orange part has been spray painted black, with the silver reflective part left the same. He wears black pants and a black t-shirt under the vest. He also wears mechanic’s goggles, to hide his useless eyes. He carries two handguns.

How much can he change the frequency and intensity of sound? Also, what are "minor" ways he can affect objects. Can he just move them, or could he break glass? Edited by TheSilverDragon

Alrighty. Here's the profiles for the Girls. Give me some feedback on anything you feel deserves it!

Also I apologize for the length of the profiles.

Blossom:

Name: Blossom Utonium

Epic Name: Liberty Belle, though she no longer uses this and everyone knows her as Blossom

Powers

Elemental Breath: Blossom has the ability to breath ice and fire from her mouth. She has control over the distance the breath travels, the shape of the breath as it leaves her lips, and the force of the breath. Each of those parameters has limits, though. Through research she discovered the limitations; max distance is 20ft, “max” shape is the cone that extends from her mouth, and the max force being the equivalent of a grenade (mostly only important when breathing fire).

Lightning Bolts: Blossom has the ability to shoot lightning bolts from her hands. Max range, like her breath power, is 20ft. She doesn’t like using this power very much.

Flight: Blossom has the ability to fly, with perfect control of her body in 3-D space. When flying at speeds greater than 10mph, a trail of pink light flows from behind her for about 10ft. She’s researched into this light, and has had few conclusive results; she has no other light based powers, the light does not change color or luminosity at different speeds, and the color seems to be based off of her favorite color as a child.

Weakness

Please only read this if you are capable of keeping your knowledge of her weakness out of the hands of your characters.

Butchering her hair: Blossom takes great pride in her hair, and her greatest fear is having it butchered. This means that her hair would need to be cut horribly, from uneven lengths for different portions, to having a section shaved off. When Blossom is having a particularly bad hair day her powers slightly diminish, though this is rectified when she re-does her hair. Due to this she always has a brush on her person, and cuts her own hair.

MO

Blossom avoids combat when possible, and really dislikes using her lightning power. Like Euphoria, she prefers to work behind the scenes, having an apt for strategy. Blossom is often jealous of Euphoria and the treatment she gets, but understands the necessity behind such circumstances, though she has her doubts about who would perform the job better. Blossom adores her sisters, Bubbles and Buttercup, but she struggles with no longer being their

“leader” like she was during their childhood. She currently supports Corvallis by being the head of PR and Advertising, though she supports Euphoria and Rainmaker in other fields whenever necessary.

Appearance

Blossom has long orange hair, kept straight at all times, and falls to her mid-back. She usually wears a red, form fitting suit dress with matching open-toed high heels and red coach sunglasses. Over dressing is never an issue, as she likes to say.

History

Blossom was one of three children that resulted from an accident. Her father, a man often known as Professor Utonium, had reached stability in his professional life, but was unable to find success in his love life. Having always wanted to raise a child, he made the decision to hire an agency to find a woman willing to birth him one. The agency made a mistake, however, and sent Utonium’s deposits to three women rather than one. Being the kind hearted soul that he was, Utonium, upon learning of the mistake and the three pregnancies, decided to keep all three children.

Blossom has always had an interest in learning. She attended college and graduated with two degrees, one in engineering and the other in business.  Whenever Blossom finds herself with free time, she’s reading. As such, when growing up she was often labeled a nerd, a classification she resented due to her father enforcing the importance of knowledge.

During their Rending, the girls went on a killing spree like most Epics. Slaughtering fair portions of their home city, their Rending concluded in their own home when Blossom accidentally killed Professor Utonium with her lightning bolts. To this day she hates using that power, though she’s mostly moved on from the guilt.

Bubbles:

Name: Bubbles Utonium

Epic Name: Harmony Bunny, though she no longer uses this and everyone knows her as Bubbles

Powers

Force Field Creation: Bubbles has the ability to create force fields of various sizes, though they are all spherically shaped. Due to her name and the fact that they are spherical, the force fields that Bubbles creates are generally known as bubbles. Bubbles has the ability to, upon creating the bubbles, decide what can and cannot diffuse through the force fields. She cannot resize a bubble, and instead must lower the force field and then erect a new one, and her bubbles are always centered around her. There is a maximum limit to the bubbles she can create, however. Bubbles is incapable of making force fields when the sum of her bubbles’ radii reaches 9mi. If she tries to make a new bubble after reaching that point, any previous bubbles disappear.

This power also serves as a prime invincibility, for if Bubbles is in immediate danger a bubble will erect around her. This occurs without her having to think about it, and will occur even if she has no knowledge of the threat.

Flight: Bubbles has the ability to fly, with perfect control of her body in 3-D space. When flying at speeds greater than 10mph, a trail of light blue light flows from behind her for about 10ft. Blossom researched into this light, and has had few conclusive results; she has no other light based powers, the light does not change color or luminosity at different speeds, and the color seems to be based off of her favorite color as a child.

Weakness

Please only read this if you are capable of keeping your knowledge of her weakness out of the hands of your characters.

Harming Octi: Octi is a stuffed doll shaped like an octopus wearing a black top hat. Given to Bubbles by her father, Octi is the most cherished toy Bubbles ever received. Never outgrowing her love of the four tentacled octopus, Bubbles feels Octi is her strongest connection to her father. As such, she desires no harm to come to the doll. If he were destroyed, her powers would simply cease to function. She has therefore put him in the safest place she can think of.

MO

Bubbles is one of the key Queens within Corvallis. Her job is to erect a bubble at her max size from the center of the city, Oregon State University, meaning that a 9mi radius bubble is constantly around Corvallis. This bubble allows air, water, light, and sound to pass through. Bubbles, once a day at a scheduled time, lowers the bubble to allow people to leave or enter Corvallis, and shortly after erects a new one. Due to this bubble being her maximum size, Bubbles is constantly guarded and her safety is a prime concern amongst Rainmaker’s underlings, including Bubbles herself. This constant protection annoys Bubbles at times, but her life isn’t completely governed by the need for her protection, and she is often allowed to wander Corvallis itself, so long as she is within a short flight away from OSU’s campus.

Appearance

Bubbles likes to be comfortable. She keeps her shoulder length blonde hair in a ponytail, and loves wearing a blue hoody and either pajama pants or jeans. She finds multicolored socks to be cute, often mismatching them, and wears her favorite pair of converse any time she’s not at home.

History

Bubbles was one of three children that resulted from an accident. Her father, a man often known as Professor Utonium, had reached stability in his professional life, but was unable to find success in his love life. Having always wanted to raise a child, he made the decision to hire an agency to find a woman willing to birth him one. The agency made a mistake, however, and sent Utonium’s deposits to three women rather than one. Being the kind hearted soul that he was, Utonium, upon learning of the mistake and the three pregnancies, decided to keep all three children.

Growing up, Bubbles was a very popular girl and liked everything cute. She struggled with learning the value of money, buying everything cute that she could. This love of cute lead Bubbles to become an artist, often making caricatures or fan art.

The loss of her father after her Rending hit Bubbles the hardest. She fell into a depression that she struggled to come out of. She is now back to her chipper old self, but being reminded of her father dampens her mood.

Buttercup:

Name: Buttercup Utonium

Epic Name: Mange, though she no longer uses this and everyone knows her as Buttercup

Powers

Super Strength: Even though her muscles have not increased in size, Buttercup has supernatural strength. She is capable of throwing cars with ease and punches harder than her sister Blossom could measure.

Healing Factor: Buttercup has a natural healing facter, healing from wounds much faster than the normal human. Bruises and scratches disappear almost instantly, and broken bones mend themselves in minutes. In fact, the only wounds Buttercup cannot heal from are the complete severing of limbs and appendages, the piercing of her heart or brain, and explosions that engulf her whole body. She still feels pain, however, though her natural high pain tolerance does help in this regard. She is also capable of drowning and suffocating from lack of air.

Flight: Buttercup has the ability to fly, with perfect control of her body in 3-D space. When flying at speeds greater than 10mph, a trail of green light flows from behind her for about 10ft. Blossom researched into this light, and has had few conclusive results; she has no other light based powers, the light does not change color or luminosity at different speeds, and the color seems to be based off of her favorite color as a child.

Weakness

Death of her Sisters: Buttercup loves her sisters, even if they annoy her sometimes. Having been a bit of a hot head, only her sisters ever really understood her. They are her most cherished friends, and Buttercup cannot stand the thought of either of them dying.

MO

Buttercup’s powers have allowed her to become the perfect security guard. It was due to this that she was appointed Queen of Security in Corvallis. She takes her job very seriously, and is often protecting Bubbles or Euphoria in person.

Appearance

Buttercup loves mobility. She keeps her black hair cut short and wears a black and green track suit and tennis shoes when not in her security gear. She always has an earpiece in her ear open to the channels that her team uses.

History

Buttercup was one of three children that resulted from an accident. Her father, a man often known as Professor Utonium, had reached stability in his professional life, but was unable to find success in his love life. Having always wanted to raise a child, he made the decision to hire an agency to find a woman willing to birth him one. The agency made a mistake, however, and sent Utonium’s deposits to three women rather than one. Being the kind hearted soul that he was, Utonium, upon learning of the mistake and the three pregnancies, decided to keep all three children.

Buttercup was a tomboy when growing up, loving sports and working out whenever she could. She trained in martial arts her whole life, and had opened a dojo of her own before gaining powers.

Buttercup really enjoys her new life as a Queen of Corvallis. She treats her job as though it were the most important one, something she truly believes. She does, however, tend to prioritize her sisters’ safety over the rest of Corvallis.

Just for understanding, when you say ice breath, do you mean cooling or actually breathing out frozen projectiles?

I have to say, it's a bit weird that they feel bad to such an extend about what they did in their Rending (stated to only leave faint memories) and went back to their original names, which is uncharacteristic to say the least for Epics still sing their powers and running a mind slaving town.

As for the weaknesses:

I can understand why the toy would get weakness potential for Bubbles after their father died, however at that point she was already an Epic, meaning that couldn't be where her weakness comes from.

With Buttercup, is there any story to that? Apart from being odly specific for a weaknesses, it's not like potentially loosing something precious makes automatic weaknesses. They do come from events that have actually happened.

For both of them, not sure how sensible power artefacts are but with ow eaknesses work wouldn't that mean that as they come constantly closer to destruction/death just through age and wear their powers should also constantly deteriorate?

Sooo, because I evidently feel making ponies is more important than studying, here you go:

Euphoria:

Euphoria%20Pony.png

CODES:

Pose: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Accs: 2000000D000000066CC664000000066CC660CC000019191957F7F7F066CC668000000066CC66

Pony: 2S5K000000FE8CAD000000046010066FEBE173850522000181FEEC8FFEB5662U107F3FCC004CB2

Rainmaker:

Rainmaker%20Pony.png

CODES:

Pose: 000247046070267056023000290354000295016024005333

Accs: 0EEFE6E066CC660FFFEFF066CC662FEFFFF04E8FBAFFFF8C3FE00840B700FE3FE0084066CC66

Pony: 305K2S7234FEFEFEF0FE4A03801383A18UN1837540000000Z10000008CFEF20K107F3FCC004CB2

Also I LOVE the Powerpuffs! They look GREAT!

Question: Does Rainmaker know their weaknesses? It's fine if she doesn't (it might be better that way), but I was just curious.

Ahhhh, Rainmaker stole Celestia's mane! :o:P

A diamond brain? How would that work?

The same way her healing always works? :huh:

Since I think it got overshadowed by Edgerunner's weakness reveal :P, I'll ask again: Does anyone in Corvallis want their character to meet up with Hypno?

I'd be up for that. Depending on how that Converter retrival squad goes.

That's Arsenal in a nutshell. :P

Yeah, Autumn had best be prepared for all kinds of lectures when this blows over. Chief among them being "We do not bring our supervillain girlfriends into the command center without clearance." :P

"Supervillain?! Preposterous, I'm just a lovely goddess in love." :P

Close enough. :P Still not exactly what I'd call impressive.

I don't know about that. Frostfire's power is very instinctual, especially with his passive ability to gauge the energy inherent in objects around him. He definitely wouldn't get the balance right straight away, he wouldn't be far off, and he'd be able to adjust as they went. 

Would this work though? I know he can levitate by reapplying his kinetic energy as he's falling, but what happens when he starts moving again? Should he be able to selectively filter kinetic energy depending on its vector? Wouldn't this just become effectively the same problem as him trying to fly on his own?

He's robbing himself of kinetic energy, and moving it somewhere else, but then, as Edgerunner starts to pull him away, suddenly there's no kinetic energy to transfer, as his net motion will be in whatever direction Edgerunner is pulling him in, right? And then she's effectively just dragging him along. Once again, there's a better than good chance I'm understanding this all wrong, but I wouldn't mind a more in-depth explanation of how this would work.

If he can't do that vector seperate trick he won't be able to fly with Edgerunner at all (Unless maybe she can multiply how stong gravity affects her?)

The problems are mostly the same as with flying on his own. After he takes kinetic energy from her, she'll have to accelerate first, before he can leech of her again. However, gravity will still pull him down and Edgerunner gets pulled up by gravity as well. Given that he's heavier and they would need to hold hands or something like that overall the gravitational pull downwards would be stronger than whatever Edgerunner can supply. Meaning that after their initial burst they are going to descend again, even if somewhat slowely.

I was thinking that she could go any where in the world.

I think that she could have a limited danger sence, so that if something would kill her, she would absorbe its energy, but only cor small things.

Lemme get this straight, she already has a perfect PI in the form of resurrection and insane destructive capabilities but you want her to get a second one, which per setting is unique to Pheadrus, that on its own would make her unstopable to anything but specialized Epic powers?

For some reason I get the urge to make a Lucentia whining joke. :ph34r:

So apparently I made an Epic who can eat his own elbows...  :huh:

Yup, after you tried to eat your own elbow. It was quite funny. :P

Tonedeath

Epic

Primary Power:  Sound Manipulation

Secondary Power:  Minor Sonic Vibrations

Example:  He can make a map of his surroundings in his head, by hearing sounds bounce off of walls and people, He is constantly making a clicking sound to update his sound map. Also he can overlay the Sound Map over his vision and he can see sound as well as physical objects, though it is very disorienting.

Back Story:

Tonedeath used to be Philip Jones an air traffic worker at a military base. After a tragic accident, he was left in a coma and lost the use of his eyes.  After two years he awoke as an Epic, his coma stifled his rending short. He eventually struck out with a previous hospital ward mate, Lawrence “Larry” Seger. By then Tonedeath had been born, and he and Larry began their adventures.

Appearance:

Welcome, already any plans for what your character would do?

As far as questions go, I mostly have the same as Silver, plus how long the range for his map is and if stuff like loud music could screw it up.

Comatose, a thought just came up, with Euphoria gone, how likely would servants be to just refuse work or something like that?

Lemme get this straight, she already has a perfect PI in the form of resurrection and insane destructive capabilities but you want her to get a second one, which per setting is unique to Pheadrus, that on its own would make her unstopable to anything but specialized Epic powers?

For some reason I get the urge to make a Lucentia whining joke. :ph34r:

I'm kind of in agreement here, a better solution would just be permanently robbing the air touching her skin of kinetic energy during a fight, it would also prevent her from moving but that makes it more interesting IMO, it provides limitations and requires active concentration.

Danger sense already raises enough issues with its link to precognition, not knowing exactly how and when danger sense activates and such

Yup, after you tried to eat your own elbow. It was quite funny. :P

Well as long as it was funny. :P

I'm kind of in agreement here, a better solution would just be permanently robbing the air touching her skin of kinetic energy during a fight, it would also prevent her from moving but that makes it more interesting IMO, it provides limitations and requires active concentration.

Danger sense already raises enough issues with its link to precognition, not knowing exactly how and when danger sense activates and such

Well as long as it was funny. :P

Ok, I see your oint. She won't have danger scene, and she will have to touch the objects she wants to absorb energy.

Just for understanding, when you say ice breath, do you mean cooling or actually breathing out frozen projectiles?

I have to say, it's a bit weird that they feel bad to such an extend about what they did in their Rending (stated to only leave faint memories) and went back to their original names, which is uncharacteristic to say the least for Epics still sing their powers and running a mind slaving town.

As for the weaknesses:

I can understand why the toy would get weakness potential for Bubbles after their father died, however at that point she was already an Epic, meaning that couldn't be where her weakness comes from.

With Buttercup, is there any story to that? Apart from being odly specific for a weaknesses, it's not like potentially loosing something precious makes automatic weaknesses. They do come from events that have actually happened.

For both of them, not sure how sensible power artefacts are but with ow eaknesses work wouldn't that mean that as they come constantly closer to destruction/death just through age and wear their powers should also constantly deteriorate?

For the ice breath, here's my basis for her having such a power: VIDEO!!! Watch for a minute or so. I suppose this shows that she's simply cooling, albeit rather quickly.

I made them guilty because these girls are quite attached to their father. They commend him for raising them well as a single father with three daughters, and had the utmost respect for him. I put his death at the end of their Rending because it seeded doubt in the girls' minds about whether his death was actually during the Rending or after it. Moreover, we know Epics feel positive feelings after Rendings because Limelight was a rather pleasant guy. I didn't think it was too far of a stretch, particularly when you consider the respect that Regalia showed Prof even while using her powers almost constantly. She even showed some respect for David, as did Obliteration.

In regards to their names, several factors influenced it. The main factor is that their situation in Corvallis is the perfect situation to not use codenames. The Queens' hold over the city is rather secure and the power that each of the sisters have in the structure of the Queens is secure. The minor factor being that their names were given to them by their father. They see no need for codenames, so they ditched them (and to be honest, Brandon's inclusion of every Epic having a codename is a bit silly. Even Steelheart's past was discovered, making the use of a codename pointless, and he actively tried killing people who knew him if I recall correctly).

Weaknesses:

Bubbles' is from prior to the Rending, not after. Octi was the one thing she never got rid of as she grew up. Even after moving out she kept the thing. Bubbles was the most attached to Professor Utonium, and Octi was her most cherished gift from him. Losing Octi is indeed her greatest fear.

Buttercup's is also from prior to the Rending. When they were younger, Buttercup convinced the other two to ice skate on a lake because she wanted to play hockey (though Blossom and Bubbles wound up pretending to be figure skaters rather than play with Buttercup). Needless to say, the ice broke and Blossom and Bubbles fell in and nearly died. Buttercup never forgave herself, and had chronic nightmares for years. It is most definitely her greatest fear. 

As for the girls aging causing Buttercup's powers to diminish, I would have to say no. Buttercup's fear isn't the aging of her sisters, it's the loss of them. In this case, death is a binary function, rather than a linear one. Bubbles or Blossom are either dead, or they're not. If they're dead, Buttercup loses her powers. If they aren't, she doesn't.

For the ice breath, here's my basis for her having such a power: VIDEO!!! Watch for a minute or so. I suppose this shows that she's simply cooling, albeit rather quickly.

I made them guilty because these girls are quite attached to their father. They commend him for raising them well as a single father with three daughters, and had the utmost respect for him. I put his death at the end of their Rending because it seeded doubt in the girls' minds about whether his death was actually during the Rending or after it. Moreover, we know Epics feel positive feelings after Rendings because Limelight was a rather pleasant guy. I didn't think it was too far of a stretch, particularly when you consider the respect that Regalia showed Prof even while using her powers almost constantly. She even showed some respect for David, as did Obliteration.

In regards to their names, several factors influenced it. The main factor is that their situation in Corvallis is the perfect situation to not use codenames. The Queens' hold over the city is rather secure and the power that each of the sisters have in the structure of the Queens is secure. The minor factor being that their names were given to them by their father. They see no need for codenames, so they ditched them (and to be honest, Brandon's inclusion of every Epic having a codename is a bit silly. Even Steelheart's past was discovered, making the use of a codename pointless, and he actively tried killing people who knew him if I recall correctly).

Weaknesses:

Bubbles' is from prior to the Rending, not after. Octi was the one thing she never got rid of as she grew up. Even after moving out she kept the thing. Bubbles was the most attached to Professor Utonium, and Octi was her most cherished gift from him. Losing Octi is indeed her greatest fear.

Buttercup's is also from prior to the Rending. When they were younger, Buttercup convinced the other two to ice skate on a lake because she wanted to play hockey (though Blossom and Bubbles wound up pretending to be figure skaters rather than play with Buttercup). Needless to say, the ice broke and Blossom and Bubbles fell in and nearly died. Buttercup never forgave herself, and had chronic nightmares for years. It is most definitely her greatest fear. 

As for the girls aging causing Buttercup's powers to diminish, I would have to say no. Buttercup's fear isn't the aging of her sisters, it's the loss of them. In this case, death is a binary function, rather than a linear one. Bubbles or Blossom are either dead, or they're not. If they're dead, Buttercup loses her powers. If they aren't, she doesn't.

We know from Prof that they can feel positive emotions but since David who's been watching Epics for most of his life was surprised and has clearly never even heard of another nice Epic it's certainly not remotely common, Regalia and Oblit show respect to someone who's killed one of the strongest Epics in the country that's not really a positive thing, just acknowledgement of someone who's dangerous.

Lorists with a lot of effort were able to discover Steelhearts identity but without using Epic names and such literally anyone could have found it within about 1 minute when google was still around and even after it wouldn't have taken much. It would certainly be a necessary measure for most Epics, although I think it's also a symptom of the ego that Epics have, no longer seeing themselves as regular humans they don't have regular names.

Weaknesses:

Prof is kind of unique among Epics in that he uses both a codename (or nickname, if you will) and his real name. I always thought the codenames were born out of fear of someone discovering their weaknesses. It's kind of hard to find someone's greatest fear if you don't know their name and have nothing to go off but a word like "Steelheart" or "Fortuity." Regalia's was known, as she was a TV star prior to Calamity, but I got the impression she thought herself powerful enough to not bother with that too terribly much. Her subjects all called her by her codename, so whatever problems could have come from her name being known seem to have been taken care of. 

I can see losing Octi as a symbol of her greatest fear, but having it be her greatest fear seems a little childish. And we know that Epics are made childish by their fear, but those fears are always either fears adults would have, or normal childhood fears grown into adult-like ones. For instance, we have Fortuity's fear of rejection, which is a grown-up fear; we also have Steelheart's fear of not being feared, the childhood fear of being picked on grown into an adult fear with adult motivations. Losing a stuffed animal is, on its own, a childlike fear; if Octi symbolized something else, I could see him as a plausible weakness. 

It seems a bit unlikely that Calamity would tie one Epic's powers to something that could disappear. So far as we know, he wants an Epic's powers to be permanent, so tying them to something mortal seems a bit strange. Maybe if there's something else to symbolize her fear of losing her sisters?

Weaknesses:

Limelight was a pleasant guy because he didn't use his powers, once he did he casually slaughtered his friends. Actually, Epics in generall slaughter their friends and family and don't feel bad about it at all. "Respect" showed by Epics is also rather meaningless in this context given that Epics like Steelheart and Obliteration still go and kill the people they just showed respect for without any hesistation.

They don't use Codenames to hide their identities. They take on names because that's what they do, it's simply an effect of the corruption. Megan in Firefight implies that it is in specific because Calamity causes them to reject their former lives but it certainly has nothing to do with secrecy. Looking back at Donny "Curveball" Harrison, his name apparently was common knowledge, yet he insisted on being called Curveball. Plus there's the whole being controled by fear thing.

Bubbles, again weaknesses are based on stuff that happened not on something that might be. Plus, weaknesses steam from some serious emotional crippling things loosing a plushi seems almost insultingly childish to the concept. :mellow:

Looking at factual examples wouldn't the trigger be more fashioned after the skating event?

On the matter of being very specific, looking at a simlar case like Newton shows that her parents, while integral to the fear, don't play into her weakness at all.

For Buttercup maybe not but giving the same argument for Octi is harder.

Just had a case of fridge logic, if their weakness are binary and either activate forever or not at all they wouldn't know what their weaknesses are.

On weaknesses:

My problem with the weaknesses is that two of the three are just permanent loss of powers, there's no gradient, they're not the presence of something or some event (Say someone actually killing her sisters) but rather the absence of some very specific things existence.

We know of no other weaknesses that work that way and perhaps correspondingly, fears rarely work that way, particularly the nightmare-inducing kind. People who fear for their loved ones don't have nightmares about just not having that person be alive they have nightmares of their loved ones in dangerous circumstances, usually with the dreamer unable to save them for some reason. I'd say that having her sisters in some kind of danger seems like a more realistic fear/weakness than them being dead.

Comatose, a thought just came up, with Euphoria gone, how likely would servants be to just refuse work or something like that?

It depends on the servants, and the epic they serve.  Servants in the service of high up epics have been kept constantly happy, and have had their histories altered more often.  They are more likely to feel like this is just a bad week that will pass and then they can go back to being happy.  The lower you go down the chain, the less frequent happiness doses were.  While these servants will still have happy memories, they might have periods here and there were a few days were left unaltered. 

The other factor to consider is the epic in charge.  Some epics may command enough fear and respect out of their servants that they will be able to maintain control. 

Basically, it depends. 

On the point about rendings and how epics act after, Firefight has confused me in this area.  In the picture of them as a 'super team' or whatever, it shows Regalia using her powers (on a much smaller scale), and we know that Prof had powers at the time, and came back from them.  At that time, they were presumably uncorrupted (or rather, less corrupted), and yet they had also likely already gone on their Rendings, since that seems to be a thing that happens as soon as you gain your powers. 

What if Rendings happen when you start USING (or overusing) your powers?  I haven't fact checked that, but it's a thought.  Regardless, with Prof and Regalia (and Murkwood I guess), we have evidence that some time after gaining their powers (whether before or after their Rendings), epics can remain themselves. 

I'm also curious about what Rendings look like for non-offensive epic powers (like Euphoria's).  Like, how much would the corruption control her?  Would she be walking around giving out happiness willy-nilly, or would the corruption of her Rending force her to give it out strategically to bend people to her will? 

Thoughts?

EDIT:  Third page in a row for started by yours truly.  I'm on a roll!

On the point about rendings and how epics act after, Firefight has confused me in this area.  In the picture of them as a 'super team' or whatever, it shows Regalia using her powers (on a much smaller scale), and we know that Prof had powers at the time, and came back from them.  At that time, they were presumably uncorrupted (or rather, less corrupted), and yet they had also likely already gone on their Rendings, since that seems to be a thing that happens as soon as you gain your powers. 

What if Rendings happen when you start USING (or overusing) your powers?  I haven't fact checked that, but it's a thought.  Regardless, with Prof and Regalia (and Murkwood I guess), we have evidence that some time after gaining their powers (whether before or after their Rendings), epics can remain themselves. 

I'm also curious about what Rendings look like for non-offensive epic powers (like Euphoria's).  Like, how much would the corruption control her?  Would she be walking around giving out happiness willy-nilly, or would the corruption of her Rending force her to give it out strategically to bend people to her will? 

Thoughts?

I got the impression that the Rending begins the moment an Epic gets their powers, and is compelled to use them to their full extent, in the most destructive ways possible. That's the beginning, when the corruption is allowed to take root. I think gifters can resist the corruption after that, the way Prof did, but the corruption still sets in. The more power used, the more corruption sets in and the stronger it is, as we see with Megan post-resurrection. 

With Euphoria, I think she'd definitely use her powers to bend people to her will, similar to how Quota uses his. Only in Euphoria's case, she'd create legions of happy slaves, whereas Quota just makes his victims too terrified and/or depressed to flee. Her Rending could have been extremely creepy, what with her dosing vanillas with high levels of happiness only to cheerily murder them. :mellow: 

Will Rainmaker be expecting Cornucopia to show up to the meeting? Just because if she's in the Arboretum it may take a while for her to arrive.

In case you didn't see it.

Thoughts?

Yeah I'm not sure what was up with Prof and Regalia's group, but given that Regalia quite obviously expected David to immediately go on a rending, even after telling him her plan I don't think it's dependant upon choosing to use your powers since David could have held off his rending in that situation.

On Euphoria I'd picture her Rending consisting of just blasting people with so much happiness they just kindof stood there as she murdered them.

It depends on the servants, and the epic they serve.  Servants in the service of high up epics have been kept constantly happy, and have had their histories altered more often.  They are more likely to feel like this is just a bad week that will pass and then they can go back to being happy.  The lower you go down the chain, the less frequent happiness doses were.  While these servants will still have happy memories, they might have periods here and there were a few days were left unaltered. 

The other factor to consider is the epic in charge.  Some epics may command enough fear and respect out of their servants that they will be able to maintain control. 

Basically, it depends. 

Thoughts?

So, not a very good chance to keep order for a new Epic.

Epics do go on their Rending immediately after getting their power. However, Regalia comments on the memories of the people they killed being foogy at best and that Epics eventually snap out of it. Combined with the arogance caused by the corruption Prof's team probably was either in denial about their Rending or wrongly assumned that they are totally in control of themselves now.

Prof himself probably realized what was happening early enough and used his gifting to avoid using his powers and may have channeled his destructive urges into the Reckoners. He still got to kill there afterall. The others weren't that lucky.

I'm not sure. Regalia described the Rending as purely destructive and blamed Obliteration's current behaviour on it's after-effecs. So whatever Euphoria did I doubt it was either nice or constructive.

I got the impression that the Rending begins the moment an Epic gets their powers, and is compelled to use them to their full extent, in the most destructive ways possible. That's the beginning, when the corruption is allowed to take root. I think gifters can resist the corruption after that, the way Prof did, but the corruption still sets in. The more power used, the more corruption sets in and the stronger it is, as we see with Megan post-resurrection. 

With Euphoria, I think she'd definitely use her powers to bend people to her will, similar to how Quota uses his. Only in Euphoria's case, she'd create legions of happy slaves, whereas Quota just makes his victims too terrified and/or depressed to flee. Her Rending could have been extremely creepy, what with her dosing vanillas with high levels of happiness only to cheerily murder them. :mellow:

In case you didn't see it.

Yeah I'm not sure what was up with Prof and Regalia's group, but given that Regalia quite obviously expected David to immediately go on a rending, even after telling him her plan I don't think it's dependant upon choosing to use your powers since David could have held off his rending in that situation.

On Euphoria I'd picture her Rending consisting of just blasting people with so much happiness they just kindof stood there as she murdered them.

So, not a very good chance to keep order for a new Epic.

Epics do go on their Rending immediately after getting their power. However, Regalia comments on the memories of the people they killed being foogy at best and that Epics eventually snap out of it. Combined with the arogance caused by the corruption Prof's team probably was either in denial about their Rending or wrongly assumned that they are totally in control of themselves now.

Prof himself probably realized what was happening early enough and used his gifting to avoid using his powers and may have channeled his destructive urges into the Reckoners. He still got to kill there afterall. The others weren't that lucky.

I'm not sure. Regalia described the Rending as purely destructive and blamed Obliteration's current behaviour on it's after-effecs. So whatever Euphoria did I doubt it was either nice or constructive.

This is kind of what I was imagining in my head, so thanks for confirming! 

For Euphoria's rending, let's just say I know EXACTLY what snapped her out of it.  Also, both the Rending itself, and what happens after, are totally heart-breaking... (at least for me, I won't presume about you all). 

I was expecting Cornucopia to come, but take your time.  She doesn't have to be in the Arboretum at this point if you don't want her to be, I just mentioned she was there during the prologue so she wouldn't be caught up in the attack.  She would have fields and things all over the place, so there would be reasons for her to leave to Arboretum if you would like her to show up sooner. 

Also , I definitely missed that, so thanks for reminding me!

This is kind of what I was imagining in my head, so thanks for confirming! 

For Euphoria's rending, let's just say I know EXACTLY what snapped her out of it.  Also, both the Rending itself, and what happens after, are totally heart-breaking... (at least for me, I won't presume about you all). 

I was expecting Cornucopia to come, but take your time.  She doesn't have to be in the Arboretum at this point if you don't want her to be, I just mentioned she was there during the prologue so she wouldn't be caught up in the attack.  She would have fields and things all over the place, so there would be reasons for her to leave to Arboretum if you would like her to show up sooner. 

Also , I definitely missed that, so thanks for reminding me!

Not sure if i want to imagine it or not. By the way, you do know that all this teasing about her means that she does need more viewpoints, even if that messes with your plans? ;)

Twi, do you go next with Autumn?