Still the Financier.

That's right, now I remember. Thanks Edge.

Y'all should just move to California. We have what ever kind of weather you need. Want boiling hot? We've got Death Valley, one of the hottest places in the world. Want freezing cold? Head up to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, we've got snow for ya. Want Damp wet colder weather? Norther California is the place for you. Want warm but not hot weather that's perfect for hiking or the beach or just sitting inside? Come to Southern California, it's wonderful. We've got almost any terrain you could want, from forrests to deserts, scrublands to mountains, chaparral to river valleys. 

And we have the best surfing on the mainland. Which is what I was doing all day today. It was so good, the waves were over 6 feet! :D

Does anyone else surf or otherwise enjoy the beach?

Y'all should just move to California. We have what ever kind of weather you need. Want boiling hot? We've got Death Valley, one of the hottest places in the world. Want freezing cold? Head up to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, we've got snow for ya. Want Damp wet colder weather? Norther California is the place for you. Want warm but not hot weather that's perfect for hiking or the beach or just sitting inside? Come to Southern California, it's wonderful. We've got almost any terrain you could want, from forrests to deserts, scrublands to mountains, chaparral to river valleys. 

And we have the best surfing on the mainland. Which is what I was doing all day today. It was so good, the waves were over 6 feet! :D

I have a morbid fear of the ocean for what I like to describe as perfectly logical and not at all insane reasons :P

I love the beach, but the one I'm most familiar with is the Oregon coast. Warm in the summer--sometimes. Any other day, it's cold and windy, with sharp rocks that can only be rivaled by those on the Washington coast. The Washington beaches aren't a matter of enjoyment so much as survival. And when you've spent a weekend there, you can brag to all the other states. "Yeah, I went for a walk along the beach...in Washington." :P

I have a morbid fear of the ocean for what I like to describe as perfectly logical and not at all insane reasons :P

To be fair, the Ocean has A TON of stuff to be afraid of, especially around your continent. Box jellies, rays, sharks, you even have a venomous octopus, which makes me a little bit jealous as an amateur marine biologist.

I love the beach, but the one I'm most familiar with is the Oregon coast. Warm in the summer--sometimes. Any other day, it's cold and windy, with sharp rocks that can only be rivaled by those on the Washington coast. The Washington beaches aren't a matter of enjoyment so much as survival. And when you've spent a weekend there, you can brag to all the other states. "Yeah, I went for a walk along the beach...in Washington." :P

I too have been to northern beaches, and I can agree that they're nuts. One we went to was covered in fallen trees that had washed ashore! Some of them were gargantuan! It was like a forest graveyard, which was pretty cool.

To be fair, the Ocean has A TON of stuff to be afraid of, especially around your continent. Box jellies, rays, sharks, you even have a venomous octopus, which makes me a little bit jealous as an amateur marine biologist.

I too have been to northern beaches, and I can agree that they're nuts. One we went to was covered in fallen trees that had washed ashore! Some of them were gargantuan! It was like a forest graveyard, which was pretty cool.

Weirdly enough none of those are what I worry about, it's a germ thing, despite not worrying about them in any other setting  :unsure:

If I told you Funtimes dug the hole, you could rest easy in the knowledge that there would be cake at the bottom of the hole. :P Unless you made her mad. Then there'd just be bear traps.

Here in Arizona, you're okay as long as you don't spend a lot of time outside. If you do...well, let's just say snakes and scorpions aren't going to kill you as quickly as the sun will. :wacko:

What the heck, you two! I was so confused while I tried to figure out why Mail was saying he lived in Arizona, when I know he lives in utah. The rep made it all clear. :P

What the heck, you two! I was so confused while I tried to figure out why Mail was saying he lived in Arizona, when I know he lives in utah. The rep made it all clear. :P

Ha ha. :P

So weird hearing all you guys complain about heat after coming out of a short (4 months instead of 5 or 6) but freezing winter. I definitely was born in the wrong latitude. I'm always cold, and love the heat (while our summers are short, it can get up to the 30-40C range). I would love to live somewhere where it is above 20c for more than three months a year :P

Maybe Arizona or Australia would be too much for me, but I LOVE California weather, and would enjoy being some place where winter days don't run the risk of being colder than Mars.

So weird hearing all you guys complain about heat after coming out of a short (4 months instead of 5 or 6) but freezing winter. I definitely was born in the wrong latitude. I'm always cold, and love the heat (while our summers are short, it can get up to the 30-40C range). I would love to live somewhere where it is above 20c for more than three months a year :P

Maybe Arizona or Australia would be too much for me, but I LOVE California weather, and would enjoy being some place where winter days don't run the risk of being colder than Mars.

I'll gladly swap you our 40C+ summers for your winter

And, uh... sorry for kind of losing my cool above. I'm feeling pretty crappy today, in part because of insomnia and the sweltering heat I'm suffering in right now, so the fear of being left behind during another one of these limited releases unlocked a bit of rage. I was actually going to come back and hide the post, but then Comatose replied to it so it would have looked kind of weird... so, anyway, sorry. :wacko:

I'm not gonna blame you for justified frustration. In all honesty, with the WoR Retcon, getting a predecent for him handwaving away limitations of his magic system (double frustrating because 1 as far as we know he could have worked around that by desigining another weakness for Nightwielder and 2 I came up with a decent not handwave explanation myself in less than ten minutes.), him answering recent question on the AMA instead of those of the people that asked first and now being reminded that I also suffer from a case of geoblocking, I'm currently quite a bit frustrated with Sanserson myself. :unsure:

I'll try. Like I said, I'm really not feeling right today. Is there a particular "due by" rush I need to be concerned with, or is it just the average example of me holding everybody up? :unsure:

Not really a rush but I might write that Baxter segment myself today.

I'm somewhat torn on what to use for a generic MEE icon, I made a logo for them in an online editor quickly but then I remembered I'd used a different one earlier which I kind of like better, what do people think:

725fd256-1ec2-454b-b97b-36df3a37a794_zpsThis

44a884bf-cf48-4b60-a4b5-fb9c23a0f550_zpsor this?

I like the ones with the five figures better. :D

It took me far longer than it should have for me to realize why mail-mi was replying to my Alan with TwiLyght. :mellow:

...Yes it did. :mellow: I mean, how many Andalonasi do we have? She also didnt remove the profiles from her signature. But I guess we should call him Daniel now. ;)

...Yes it did. :mellow: I mean, how many Andalonasi do we have? She also didnt remove the profiles from her signature. But I guess we should call him Daniel now. ;)

Daniel and Liana? Somehow that wouldn't make it any easier to distinguish them. :P

I was going to ask why no one offered to switch with me, but... * eyes flit nervously to current rep *

Daniel and Liana? Somehow that wouldn't make it any easier to distinguish them. :P

I was going to ask why no one offered to switch with me, but... * eyes flit nervously to current rep *

Who wouldn't want your Rep Kobold. :P

Wait. I just noticed but MV is in the clinic now as well, isn't she?

Edited by Edgedancer

Gosh darn it, fell for it again when I looked at the Reckoners board. I keep forgetting you two switched avatars.

Oh well. At least all this confusion happens to coincidentally fall on the same date I decided to leave this site forever. TwiLyght--mail_mi, Danielle, whoever you are--you get Lightwards. Edgedancer gets Sam and Revolution. Mailliw gets Aldo and Cricket. Voidus gets Vondra. Winter can have Backtrack, and you can fight over the rest yourselves. I bequeath my rep to the Only Joe.

It's been nice knowing you.

The real mail-mi uses a single dash, but the site wouldn't let me use his exact name, so I used two dashes.

I know! It stinks! Now I have to be without a single sparkle instead of all of them. :P

Gosh darn it, fell for it again when I looked at the Reckoners board. I keep forgetting you two switched avatars.

Oh well. At least all this confusion happens to coincidentally fall on the same date I decided to leave this site forever. TwiLyght--mail_mi, Danielle, whoever you are--you get Lightwards. Edgedancer gets Sam and Revolution. Mailliw gets Aldo and Cricket. Voidus gets Vondra. Winter can have Backtrack, and you can fight over the rest yourselves. I bequeath my rep to the Only Joe.

This means I can finally realize my dream of shipping Lightwards with Funtimes AND Möbius! :D

I get Vondra? :D

Who wouldn't want your Rep Kobold. :P

Wait. I just noticed but MV is in the clinic now as well, isn't she?

She is indeed, did you want her for anything?