To quote myself again:

Anyway ...why wait? :ph34r:

Because we want to put off the new, probably worse trifecta as long as we can.  :mellow:

Quota/Electro/Timeport is somehow better (Yes, they're better than something) than 20deaths!Lightwards/Nighthound/Timeport. 

Because we want to put off the new, probably worse trifecta as long as we can.  :mellow:

Quota/Electro/Timeport is somehow better (Yes, they're better than something) than 20deaths!Lightwards/Nighthound/Timeport. 

Don't forget them dating Neverthere.

Edited by Edgedancer

On the bright side, even at his craziest Lightwards wouldn't have participated in the woman-hunt from a few pages ago. He would have immediately killed the girls and had their corpses reanimated to go door-to-door murdering the residents of every house on the block.

OK, the bright side isn't as bright as I thought it would be. Back to the Paradise Land of Pancakes and Merriness I go. :mellow:

All three of them at he same time? :o

I'm not judging or anything; I'm just saying their dates would be weird.

If we were going to judge Neverthere, we'd have far better targets for judgement than her polyamorous tendencies. :mellow:

I think every member of the Trifecta should have to duel Numnums to win Neverthere's heart. No powers--just fists against fangs. :ph34r::P

But Nighthound's fists are part of his powers. Wait, I got the solution, we cut of his arms. B)

They are thinking of Cheeseburgers, aren't they? <_<:P

Bruno is probably thinking of all the puppies who will be saved once Nighthound is out of the picture. (If you tell him that there's a bad man who hurts puppies, he gets very worried; but if you tell him about how the puppies were saved, he's happy.) But in Mollie's case, yes, she's probably thinking about cheeseburgers. :P 

With finals on the horizon, it's the last thing I should be doing, but I may or may not be worldbuilding "What Happened in Corvallis" just because I can't turn my brain off. If no one has any objections, stay tuned till later in April (or sooner if I can't get this out of my head) for some more concrete ideas :).

Disclaimer: I'm not necessarily saying a new thread in Corvallis should be started or anything, just that I have ideas for it, if people are amenable and there are no objections we could potentially start a new thread there. If this were to happen, I would definitely be open to LOTS of collaboration. I'm thinking of doing some sort of standard plotline where a High Epic has maintained control of the city with the help of a coalition of weaker, but specifically useful lesser epics (like Steelheart, and most of the other tyrants). The twist would be when one of these super useful weaker epics who has helped maintain the rule of the high epic goes missing/is killed/ goes rebel/ some other thing I haven't thought of, and the High Epic and company must struggle to maintain control of the city while facing off against intruders and challengers to their power.

EDIT: Similar to what happens when the Reckoners steal Conflux.

For ideas (and these are just basic), I thought the High Epic could be a super powerful large-scale weather controller. My overall idea for Corvallis is that it could be a place of luxury (perhaps because one of the weaker epics is a matter duplicator, who can duplicate non-living items, giving the city a wealth of resources). Another weaker epic could have some sort of large scale selective force field power to help keep the city safe, etc. I think there could be the potential for some cool scenes based at the University, especially at the Peevey Arboteum, or something. I think high epic (She's a she in my brain) would present the city as some sort of Utopia for epics, and use Vanillas kind of like skaa.

Anyways, that's just what's been buzzing around my brain today as I google things about Corvallis. Like I said, stay tuned for more fleshed out ideas, and feel free to make suggestions if this gets your brain buzzing too.

Sounds neat! Is Corvallis in Oregon?

Indeed it is. 167 miles from The Dalles, 84 miles from Portland. Population of 55 thousand.

It sounds cool, and I'll definitely be keeping an eye on it. :) I myself will most likely not be joining though, unless one of my current characters has a reason to go there. I'll help out with the worldbuilding too if you need any aide in that department.

Just thought of a cool support epic, and a good contender for the one to go missing:

Name: Euphoria

Ability: Can rewrite people's memories/history by touching them. The effect is both mental and physical, but there is no chain reaction (example: changing one person's past will not change the pasts of people connected to them). Her ability is what allows the epics in charge of Corvallis to control their large population of slave Vanillas. At least once every two weeks, every vanilla must visit Euphora, where she rewrites their history to give them a perfect life up until this point. This means that despite the awful conditions the slaves work under, they only ever have up to two weeks worth of angst, and thus never get around to actually rebelling.

Secondary Power - the ability to gift good feelings to people. Being gifted this power can be addictive, as the gifted feelings are so unnaturally positive, that even natural happiness feels lesser in comparision. Another way of controlling the populace.

MO: What, you aren't enjoying your work, here, now you LOVE scrubbing epic's feet. What's that, you still want to rebel, GOOD NEWS, you just became a slave today because of something you did and know was wrong, but up until this point you have lived THE BEST LIFE EVER!!!

EDIT:

I'd join (no matter how much I shouldn't). I like the idea of a matter duplicator. Would you mind if I took that Epic? Also, I was writing down an idea for an Epic that might fit here:

Name: Chase

Primary Power: "Tagging" vanillas with her power and she can pull herself towards the tagged vanillas at will. She can also kill tagged vanillas at will. However, if a vanilla manages to get far enough out of her range fast enough then she can't. However, she can pull herself towards tagged vanillas in that general dirrection and get them into her range again. She gets an alert when a tagged vanilla leaves her range.

Cool idea! I think she could definitely have a place :)

Also, is anyone else starting to imagine the governing faction of Corvallis to be all female? Because I am for some reason, and I think that would be awesome!

Just thought of a cool support epic, and a good contender for the one to go missing:Name: EuphoriaAbility: Can rewrite people's memories/history by touching them. The effect is both mental and physical, but there is no chain reaction (example: changing one person's past will not change the pasts of people connected to them). Her ability is what allows the epics in charge of Corvallis to control their large population of slave Vanillas. At least once every two weeks, every vanilla must visit Euphora, where she rewrites their history to give them a perfect life up until this point. This means that despite the awful conditions the slaves work under, they only ever have up to two weeks worth of angst, and thus never get around to actually rebelling.Secondary Power - the ability to gift good feelings to people. Being gifted this power can be addictive, as the gifted feelings are so unnaturally positive, that even natural happiness feels lesser in comparision. Another way of controlling the populace.MO: What, you aren't enjoying your work, here, now you LOVE scrubbing epic's feet. What's that, you still want to rebel, GOOD NEWS, you just became a slave today because of something you did and know was wrong, but up until this point you have lived THE BEST LIFE EVER!!!

I didn't realize Epics could be existentially horrifying in this way until just now. :o

With finals on the horizon, it's the last thing I should be doing, but I may or may not be worldbuilding "What Happened in Corvallis" just because I can't turn my brain off. If no one has any objections, stay tuned till later in April (or sooner if I can't get this out of my head) for some more concrete ideas :).Disclaimer: I'm not necessarily saying a new thread in Corvallis should be started or anything, just that I have ideas for it, if people are amenable and there are no objections we could potentially start a new thread there. If this were to happen, I would definitely be open to LOTS of collaboration. I'm thinking of doing some sort of standard plotline where a High Epic has maintained control of the city with the help of a coalition of weaker, but specifically useful lesser epics (like Steelheart, and most of the other tyrants). The twist would be when one of these super useful weaker epics who has helped maintain the rule of the high epic goes missing/is killed/ goes rebel/ some other thing I haven't thought of, and the High Epic and company must struggle to maintain control of the city while facing off against intruders and challengers to their power.EDIT: Similar to what happens when the Reckoners steal Conflux.For ideas (and these are just basic), I thought the High Epic could be a super powerful large-scale weather controller. My overall idea for Corvallis is that it could be a place of luxury (perhaps because one of the weaker epics is a matter duplicator, who can duplicate non-living items, giving the city a wealth of resources). Another weaker epic could have some sort of large scale selective force field power to help keep the city safe, etc. I think there could be the potential for some cool scenes based at the University, especially at the Peevey Arboteum, or something. I think high epic (She's a she in my brain) would present the city as some sort of Utopia for epics, and use Vanillas kind of like skaa.Anyways, that's just what's been buzzing around my brain today as I google things about Corvallis. Like I said, stay tuned for more fleshed out ideas, and feel free to make suggestions if this gets your brain buzzing too.

Like Kobold, I'm unlikely to create a character there for now, but I'm more than happy to help with world building if you like. I like the idea so far.

Just thought of a cool support epic, and a good contender for the one to go missing:Name: EuphoriaAbility: Can rewrite people's memories/history by touching them. The effect is both mental and physical, but there is no chain reaction (example: changing one person's past will not change the pasts of people connected to them). Her ability is what allows the epics in charge of Corvallis to control their large population of slave Vanillas. At least once every two weeks, every vanilla must visit Euphora, where she rewrites their history to give them a perfect life up until this point. This means that despite the awful conditions the slaves work under, they only ever have up to two weeks worth of angst, and thus never get around to actually rebelling.Secondary Power - the ability to gift good feelings to people. Being gifted this power can be addictive, as the gifted feelings are so unnaturally positive, that even natural happiness feels lesser in comparision. Another way of controlling the populace.MO: What, you aren't enjoying your work, here, now you LOVE scrubbing epic's feet. What's that, you still want to rebel, GOOD NEWS, you just became a slave today because of something you did and know was wrong, but up until this point you have lived THE BEST LIFE EVER!!!EDIT:Cool idea! I think she could definitely have a place :)Also, is anyone else starting to imagine the governing faction of Corvallis to be all female? Because I am for some reason, and I think that would be awesome!

Wow. Illusionist Epics can be terrifying, but this is taking a good thing way too far. I wonder if Altermind ever thought of something like this. Controlling his residents with the ability to purchase or receive an illusory experience.

I was thinking about some more Red backstory a few days ago and I was just wondering if anyone wanted to read it.

I will.

Just thought of a cool support epic, and a good contender for the one to go missing:

Name: Euphoria

Ability: Can rewrite people's memories/history by touching them. The effect is both mental and physical, but there is no chain reaction (example: changing one person's past will not change the pasts of people connected to them). Her ability is what allows the epics in charge of Corvallis to control their large population of slave Vanillas. At least once every two weeks, every vanilla must visit Euphora, where she rewrites their history to give them a perfect life up until this point. This means that despite the awful conditions the slaves work under, they only ever have up to two weeks worth of angst, and thus never get around to actually rebelling.

Secondary Power - the ability to gift good feelings to people. Being gifted this power can be addictive, as the gifted feelings are so unnaturally positive, that even natural happiness feels lesser in comparision. Another way of controlling the populace.

MO: What, you aren't enjoying your work, here, now you LOVE scrubbing epic's feet. What's that, you still want to rebel, GOOD NEWS, you just became a slave today because of something you did and know was wrong, but up until this point you have lived THE BEST LIFE EVER!!!

EDIT:

Cool idea! I think she could definitely have a place :)

Also, is anyone else starting to imagine the governing faction of Corvallis to be all female? Because I am for some reason, and I think that would be awesome!

I like the idea of an all-female government in Corvallis. :D

Also, am I the only one thinking that this could be Iconoclast's city? He usually works somewhat slowly, turning people into ghouls and letting nature run its course, so what if he was responsible for Euphoria's (or whichever Epic goes missing) disappearance?

Also, am I the only one thinking that this could be Iconoclast's city? He usually works somewhat slowly, turning people into ghouls and letting nature run its course, so what if he was responsible for Euphoria's (or whichever Epic goes missing) disappearance?

I like both of those ideas! Would the Queens of Corvallis consciously bar male Epics from holding high positions, like Amazons?

I like this idea. Perhaps his arrival is at the start of the RP?

I like both of those ideas! Would the Queens of Corvallis consciously bar male Epics from holding high positions, like Amazons?

I wasn't thinking that, since that restriction would limit character creation, and the Amazon trope can get old. I was thinking just that the inner circle is a girls club, rather than implementing an Anti-male policy.

What do other people think??

I like this idea. Perhaps his arrival is at the start of the RP?

I wasn't thinking that, since that restriction would limit character creation, and the Amazon trope can get old. I was thinking just that the inner circle is a girls club, rather than implementing an Anti-male policy.

I like it a lot. Maybe the inner circle could be led by an Epic whose real name is Regina, who believes her subjects love her despite (or perhaps because of) her treatment of them, and who is surprised to learn from a new Epic (real name Cady) that her inner circle is not only called the Plastics by the populace, but is the most hated group in the whole of Corvallis, if not Oregon itself, and...

Ahem. Sorry. :P

What if the ruler called herself Artemis, after both the Greek goddess of the hunt and Wonder Woman (real name Diana, the Roman form of Artemis)?

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

It could limit character creation, but it could also inspire creative new character concepts. I'm not the one to say, but I think for any RP to be successful it needs a special quirk of its own to help it succeed.

I like it a lot. Maybe the inner circle could be led by an Epic whose real name is Regina, who believes her subjects love her despite (or perhaps because of) her treatment of them, and who is surprised to learn from a new Epic (real name Cady) that her inner circle is not only called the Plastics by the populace, but is the most hated group in the whole of Corvallis, if not Oregon itself, and...

Ahem. Sorry. :P

What if the ruler called herself Artemis, after both the Greek goddess of the hunt and Wonder Woman (real name Diana, the Roman form of Artemis)?

...There's a story behind this, I'm sure of it. :P