Sanderson Memes

Guest Cognizantastic

Hello everyone! I'm going to leave this here, trusting that it is a good reference. 

A little joke that came out of the conversation with a friend.

PS: should I edit it to make it an elantrian?

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b30fdfb8732c99bd13e637a395681b3d.jpeg

Edited by AlastorBM

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, AlastorBM said:

PS: should I edit it to make it an elantrian?

I would at least put it in a spoiler or quote tag to shrink the post (for easy scrolling). 

Also, not sure why whoever made this associated MJ with Aon Ehe (fire) - not the Aon I would have chosen (though I guess it may be linked to whichever song that was)

Hace 3 horas, Treamayne dijo:

Al menos lo pondría en una etiqueta de spoiler o cita para reducir el tamaño de la publicación (para facilitar el desplazamiento). 

Además, no estoy seguro de por qué quien hizo esto asoció a MJ con Aon Ehe (fuego), no el Aon que yo habría elegido (aunque supongo que puede estar vinculado a cualquier canción que fuera)

Done, thanks for the advice!

I assumed that the joke is as easy as it is difficult to understand. Just think about the sound ehe. 

It is not necessary to analyze it further, it is a meme and one of those that go out with friend 🤣 Maybe I could make it clearer 🤔

18 minutes ago, AlastorBM said:

Just think about the sound ehe. 

I'm guessing you don't mean the Aonic Pronunciation of the Aon?

Spoiler

E = e as in ‘eat’ or a as in ‘bake.’

A note on ‘E’ sounds in Aonic. The only exception to the rule includes words written with ‘e’ in the Aon. In English, ‘e’ can often produce a long ‘a’ sound. So, I wrote many long ‘a’ sounds with ‘e’s. This was a device I used to try and make the names look better and have a chance of being pronounced more accurately. 

E He? Ay Hay?

Edit - @AlastorBM

Maybe Breath (Aha - ah ha) might be closer? And the meaning seems closer as well. . . 

Spoiler

Aon3.thumb.gif.58fb800c09e0faa9ca4e917f25d9374d.gif

Or, I am overthinking things, as usual.

Edited by Treamayne
SPAG

22 hours ago, Treamayne said:

E He? Ay Hay?

Edit - @AlastorBM

Maybe Breath (Aha - ah ha) might be closer? And the meaning seems closer as well. . . 

Well the pronunciation its ee-hee, sounds like his vocalization

22 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Or, I am overthinking things, as usual.

Don't worry about it, just think of the joke in the easiest way.

For the rest, I really appreciate that you made the graph and the tips. I never researched the pronunciation of cosmere languages. It's interesting, I'll look for more!

Since we are here, I have a doubt

Spoiler

did I draw the chasm line correctly? I did a little research on the forums and it seems to be well placed.

Edited by AlastorBM

On 7/27/2024 at 5:05 PM, Aredor said:

Non-spoilery Wind and Truth previews

Reveal hidden contents

8yi42v.jpg.8f29fe8a2934d05eefba807122444daf.jpg

8yi49o.thumb.jpg.04315704aa5635f7d5c278fbc422dfbe.jpg

8yi4i0.jpg.030b978cbe2540df82b069168e9f6c82.jpg

8yi4sm.jpg.0128fdd3fcaec92db29c78fd0e21d066.jpg

*me, who gave up, read the chapters the second they came out, and has it on my calendar to read them every monday*

21 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

*me, who gave up, read the chapters the second they came out, and has it on my calendar to read them every monday*

Yep I have given up too. Reading them now means you can’t be spoiled later!

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

2 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Yep I have given up too. Reading them now means you can’t be spoiled later!

Still holding out and trying to avoid everything SA5 and SP5. So glad the Spoiler Zone is open now, as spoiler threads seem to be (slightly) less frequent in the normal discussion areas now. 

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

Still holding out and trying to avoid everything SA5 and SP5. So glad the Spoiler Zone is open now, as spoiler threads seem to be (slightly) less frequent in the normal discussion areas now. 

Same. I did read the prologue a couple of weeks ago, and since it left me with far more questions than answers, I've gone back to waiting til release day. I shouldn't have caved, it was a moment of weakness.

2 hours ago, Treamayne said:

I read the prologue again since I figured it would be fine because I'd already read it, but I'm going to try not to read the rest until I get the actual book. 

Edited by Aredor

8 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Yeah, I pinky promise not to spoil anything for anyone.

10 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Me too😅 its difficult but we can be strong.

• 2 weeks later...