Hola Future Amigas and Amigos

Sycamore

Hi! Um. My name is Sycamore, because I felt my name I usually use would be kind of weird for here. I came to know Mistborn through a friend who came through a friend (both of them are on here, the first friend is someone I'm on a hunt for to identify).

My opinion on Mistborn. I love it. I'm currently on the Fourth part, but I usually get a part a done a day (I'm savoring it). I'm one of those people who reads fast, but then stops and analyzes it and falls in love. I'm not much of a writer. The character I relate most to currently (note I'm not as knowledgeable as you guys), is Ham, but I can only say I'm not a thug. At first it was Kell, but then I decided he was too charismatic and frilly and over the top. I find Mistborn one of the only books that I relate to the characters too (I will humbly note that I'm not one of those people who relate to mary sues and every single amazing character). Mistborn is one of those books that... It's really good quality. Most of the time I find it fitting, and other times I find it so bright and overwhelming and squeal-inducing and fan girl inducing. It's never ever boring. Another thing I like about it is how it focuses on the characters. A plot shouldn't be just a story. It should be a story of a character(s). Some of the quotes are ammmmmmmaaaaaazzzzzzingggggggggg

Hm... About me... Well you're just going to have to discover that, don't you?

I sincerely hope that I don't sound like an arrogant newcomer.

Please accept following... (You'll see at the end why I didn't straight out delete it)

Maybe I am entirely too hopeful? Is it bad to be hopeful? I guess it's idealistic. But I'm a realist. Well I do lean on the idealistic side. But I think I have reasonable expectations... It's not like people are just going to randomly start hating me. Well I would hope not. I guess they'd be jealous of my amazingly (awful) awesome screen name. But it'd be okay because I can walk away from here and log out, unlike real life, though I guess you could log out, but that would be mean you would die, and that's not good. Am I rambling too much? I probably am. I suppose I'm setting some expectations in this post (first appearances always do), so I might as well show not only some of my (plethora of) positive qualities, but some of the downsides of talking to me. That way I'd be looked at honestly and at a whole. Well at least I'd give the person the best way to see my behaviors, but I suppose everyone will get a different interpretation... So they won't be look honestly. But it's impossible to be looked at honestly and at a whole, because there is no set standard for the truth of a person. A person is not a mathematical problem (though it appears most people are 2+2=5, they don't make any sense, but that's up for debate). Anyways, I hope people ignore my downsides. Well not ignore. But you know accept it. So I'll change it from "please ignore the following"....

Edited by Sycamore

Hope is evil and bad for your soul. Hardcore realism is the best.

No. I'm just kidding (though you deserve that after you tested my Spanish knowledge with the title, you sycamore frog). (: Welcome to the forums (even though I'm just as new; let's be new together!).

From what I can see of you so far, you already seem a bit like Ham.

And you're so detailed in your introduction... I wasn't that thorough...

Hope is evil and bad for your soul. Hardcore realism is the best.

No. I'm just kidding (though you deserve that after you tested my Spanish knowledge with the title, you sycamore frog). (: Welcome to the forums (even though I'm just as new; let's be new together!).

From what I can see of you so far, you already seem a bit like Ham.

And you're so detailed in your introduction... I wasn't that thorough...

You confused me, frog.

I'm not THAT detailed

What is going on in here? lol

Welcome, welcome, welcome miss Syc, welcome to our humble aboard. I hope you enjoy yourselves around and about. Glad to hear that you're enjoying Mistborn :D brace yourself, it gets quite emotional....

• Chaos locked this topic