GAZE UPON MURDERLINA'S MIGHT AND DESPAIR

Huh. I meant to type "Hey guys I edited the community messages on the wiki." Go figure. :P

MURDERLINA CLAIMS YOU AS HER SLAVE

:mellow: ...That was supposed to be: "Thanks Kobold. You're awsome at doing work and wikiing."

GAZE UPON MURDERLINA'S MIGHT AND DESPAIR

Huh. I meant to type "Hey guys I edited the community messages on the wiki." Go figure. :P

THE WIKI SHALL SERVE MURDERLINA

I meant to say "The wiki looks awesome and I feel like a slacker for not adding anything yet, but I'm enjoying seeing what other people have to say about my characters."

THE WIKI SHALL SERVE MURDERLINA

I meant to say "The wiki looks awesome and I feel like a slacker for not adding anything yet, but I'm enjoying seeing what other people have to say about my characters."

THE REACH OF MURDERLINA IS WITHOUT BOUNDS.

Darn autocorrect. I meant to say "It could be argued that those who spend the most time on the wiki are the slackers. As my family has argued. Multiple times. :P"

Darn autocorrect. I meant to say "It could be argued that those who spend the most time on the wiki are the slackers. As my family has argued. Multiple times. :P"

Maybe we should add Murderlina to the Epics of Oregon thread? :P

...odd. My autocorrect didn't touch that one.

MURDERLINA MURDERS THOSE WHO DO NOT WORSHIP HER! TELL HER ABOUT ALL YOUR SINS SO SHE MIGHT PASS JUDGEMENT ON YOU IN HER IFINIT WISDOM THAT SURPASSES EVEN THE BONDS OF SPACE AND TIME.

Let me try again. I wrote something for the fight with the Destructors today, so that's something. Apart from that I currently don't have that much time during the week. I may get something done there tomorrow otherwise it won't happen before friday.

Actually, who's next with the outhose or in Arsenal's office?

Edited by Edgedancer

Maybe we should add Murderlina to the Epics of Oregon thread? :P

...odd. My autocorrect didn't touch that one.

Murderlina deserves to be our wiki's first featured article.

My autocorrect didn't touch this post either. Maybe we've finally accepted the righteous rule of Murderlina the bug is fixed now? :P

MURDERLINA MURDERS THOSE WHO DO NOT WORSHIP HER! TELL HER ABOUT ALL YOUR SINS SO SHE MIGHT PASS JUDGEMENT ON YOU IN HER IFINIT WISDOM THAT SURPASSES EVEN THE BONDS OF SPACE AND TIME.

Let me try again. I wrote something for the fight with the Destructors today, so that's something. Apart from that I currently don't have that much time during the week. I may get something done there tomorrow otherwise it won't happen before friday.

Actually, who's next with the outhose or in Arsenal's office?

MURDERLINA. MURDERLINA IS ALWAYS NEXT.

Arsenal's office, I'm not sure on. For the outhouse, I think I need to write something for the Financier, but I've been having troubles channeling the proper amount of rage at seeing 40,000 zucchinis destroyed. :P

Arsenal's office, I'm not sure on. For the outhouse, I think I need to write something for the Financier, but I've been having troubles channeling the proper amount of rage at seeing 40,000 pugs destroyed. :P

Fixed. Now you can channel the appropriate rage. :ph34r:

MURDERLINA. MURDERLINA IS ALWAYS NEXT.

Arsenal's office, I'm not sure on. For the outhouse, I think I need to write something for the Financier, but I've been having troubles channeling the proper amount of rage at seeing 40,000 zucchinis destroyed. :P

MURDERLINA WON'T LET ANY LIFE REMAIN ON THIS WORLD FOR SHE IS THE BRIDE OF OBLITERATION!

Looking it up, next should probably be Arsenal, unless Autumn wants to do a save. :P But the zucchinis got reduced to zero and their remains will soon disappear, concentrate on the woman blowing him a hand kiss zero. :P

Looking it up, next should probably be Arsenal, unless Autumn wants to do a save. :P

* looks up from the wiki with a crazed glint in his eyes *

What? You call me away from my life's work for this? How dare you!

... I mean, I'll try to get that up soon. :P

Murderlina%20Is%20Everywhere%20you%20Foo

In all seriousness (lol), we should probably try to figure out Murderlina's other powers.  Somehow I doubt you get a name like Murderlina by manipulating auto-correct alone.  

Before I start mind I point out that I don't exactly care if they make complete sense in canon? Just arguing for accuracy sake.
How much multi-city underground thiving organaizations do you think there are? If Epics get assassinated people are going to blame the Reckoners. This group would get a similar reputation but different from the Reckoners there actually has to be a way for them to be contactable, which means they are trackable. People like the Reckoners or Remington are not, either because they don't take jobs from the group of people that would want them dead or because he (Remington) is essentially a nobody outside of the Dalles. 
Plus, if they only take jobs from Epics like Curveball I really doubt the'll get the funds to build multiple safe houses in different cities and their recources while doing their research.

The point of their inheritance was so provide them with established safe houses and that sort of thing.  I was hoping that they wouldn't warrant the same level of infamy as the Reckoners, since they aren't actually killing anyone, so that, even while they would be easier to find than the Reckoners, they wouldn't be as worth finding.  

This was a pretty key element of the characters, but I see your point.  Do you have any suggestions for how to make this work?  

Ha! You're argument is based around me acknowledging that the Dalles makes sense in canon, which I never did, I just don't get to make the call. Your argument is invalid as is every other comparission based on the Dalles. :P

Well, I would prefer to stick closely to canon, but if some slight bends are made, I guess there is precedent.  

Waiting a year if not longer isn't not immediately that's effectively never.

I think that's a matter of perspective.  If they were being useful for a year, why not keep them around?  This time period could also be shortened.  I'm flexible.  

How do these contacts actually work without leaving a trail? Excuse the sarcasm but do they walk up to minor Epics like not!Curveball and ask them if they want something stolen? Do they inserate in the newspapers? How do they transfere the payment without banks? The end of civilasation makes stuff like this hard and don't take Newcago's infrastructure as the example. The cities we have are mostly cheating with Epics like Cornucopia and other infinite resources Epics, which given Newcago's unique standing pretty obviously don't exsist in canon or at least not in this quantity.

Can't comment on handwaves. :ph34r::P

All good questions.  How does Knighthawk do it?  I'm not saying these two would be anywhere near the same level as Knighthawk, and they have the added worries about staying underground, but maybe there is something there we can use?  I guess we still don't know much about how Knighthawk was established, or how it has survived making epic technology in a world run by epics, or how payment works between states (don't they mention trade in Steelheart?).  

I'm having trouble coming up with answers, but I really like these characters, so if you have some suggestions or answers to these issues I would really appreciate it!  I'm not really the Reckoners-verse expert here, so some help would be much appreciated.  

That's why JGL is his icon, haha.  I just used their avatars.  Out of my characters, the twins are (obviously) two of my favourites as well, so I'm hoping they will fit in here too.  I think it might be cool to explore the thieving and espionage side of their story, since that plot-line kind of got side-lined by all the inheritance shenanigans in MBI.  

The rioter's name would be Valerre, and his friend is Daphne.  They are another two of my favorites, but it's more difficult for me to transplant them, since their situations are very Final Empire specific.  Maybe some day though...

Oh...I read those bios in the email alerts I get, so I skimmed the actual bios here and missed the images. :P

Ah, yes. Them. I just remember liking both of them a lot. I think Daphne's, or at least, what I remember of her backstory could be put here too. I imagine there are likely some Epics with vanilla brothels.

And question I had while reading the Elariel bios: Is Andrew the one on the You Again thread on MBI or am I mixing up memories again?

The official spelling is "Thoughttown."

Correct.  

I might change it to some sort of harness or chest  brace.  Gloves looked cooler, but I was having some other issues with them in my head, so that can be easily adjusted.  

I agree, gloves look cooler, but I think the chest brace actually fits with Lurching even better. I think you should go with that option.

All good questions.  How does Knighthawk do it?  I'm not saying these two would be anywhere near the same level as Knighthawk, and they have the added worries about staying underground, but maybe there is something there we can use?  I guess we still don't know much about how Knighthawk was established, or how it has survived making epic technology in a world run by epics, or how payment works between states (don't they mention trade in Steelheart?).  

Calamity excerpt spoilers:

Knighthawk has the advantage of having a base defended by legions of killer robots.

An enviable advantage few modern organizations can claim.

A pity you don't have a dozen at your library. I bet no one would dare late-return library books if they knew homicidal drones would be dispatched to their homes if they didn't have the books back by their due dates. :P

Got a question, how do you add a epic to the wiki?

Create a page.

Add the Epic infobox template and fill out the parameters.

Write the article.

Add a few categories.

Serve and enjoy.

(And if you don't do everything quite right, I'll probably be along shortly to make minor adjustments. :))

About the Wiki:

I still can't figure out how to make Infoboxes.

In the wanted pages area, it lists lots of Individual powers, are we making a page for each Power?

How do you reply to some on the talk page without making a whole new subject?

Use the Classic Editor, available on a dropdown from the edit button. Once there, go to source mode and add "{{Template:Epic}}" to the top of the article. Switch back to visual mode and hover your cursor above the green puzzle piece where the template is--it should show you a preview of the template and give you an option to edit. When you edit, it's a simple matter to fill out the proper information for each parameter.

Voidus included links to non-existent power pages, thus causing them to show up on "Wanted Pages," but I'd rather we didn't do that. That's just my personal preference, anyway, so carry on if you want.

Use the edit drop down to edit the page instead of clicking the "Add Topic" button.

Hope that helps. I'm terrible at explaining things. :P