...It took every ounce of my willpower not to simply reply "no comment." I probably would've done it if there hadn't been a mod reading to spook me. :P

Oh, and to respond to something Edgedancer said a dozen pages back: I looked it up, and the Oregon age of consent is 18. Which means Sam is still tragically barred from crack ships. :(:P

Wouldn't it be convenient if it just happened to be the day before her birthday, RP time? I mean, it'd be tragic too, since she's spending it kidnapped with her mom as a prisoner in her own home, but still...crack ships. :ph34r::P

Random Fact of the Day: my English teacher has a mad uncle who lives in Oregon in a house built form two by fours stacked on top of each other.

The cabin I call home is built almost entirely from two-by-fours and sheets of plywood. I should know. I helped build it. :)

Wouldn't it be convenient if it just happened to be the day before her birthday, RP time? I mean, it'd be tragic too, since she's spending it kidnapped with her mom as a prisoner in her own home, but still...crack ships. :ph34r::P

Hmm... convenient... tragic... this just might work. Especially if Sam lies about her birthday to manipulate some kind of birthday privilege from Funtimes. :ph34r:

Or, you know. The age of consent could have been lowered in the future, especially after Calamity. :P

Twi, get your head out of the gutter. :P (Do you at least have anything decent planned? :ph34r: )

Hmm... convenient... tragic... this just might work. Especially if Sam lies about her birthday to manipulate some kind of birthday privilege from Funtimes. :ph34r:

Or, you know. The age of consent could have been lowered in the future, especially after Calamity. :P

It's not like anyone still keeps up the law. :mellow:

The cabin I call home is built almost entirely from two-by-fours and sheets of plywood. I should know. I helped build it. :)

I did not help build my current home, but I did help clean it after the previous owners completely trashed it. <_<

I don't know if Sam would like the birthday privilege. It involves cake, yes, but also very sparkly clothes. Though she'd probably let Sam visit her mom, there's no guarantee said mom would be able to return to her home following the visit. It'd be like a party. That never ends. :mellow:

Yeah, kind of like how I doubt anyone really cares about the drinking age anymore except in places like Newcago. :P

Random Fact of the Day: my English teacher has a mad uncle who lives in Oregon in a house built form two by fours stacked on top of each other. 

My best friend is attending Oregon State University for a graduate degree. He doesn't know I partake in a RP set in Corvallis.

If no one else wants to go next in Corvallis, I can go with Rainmaker.  

Blaze, how is Buttercup doing evacuating the remaining Vanillas?  Rainmaker might have need of her.  

EDIT:  In MLP News, I LOVED Luna.  I appreciated how despite being changed from evil to good, her personality remained largely the same, which I imagine would have been challenging to manage.  I also loved how the show dealt with the topic of potentially offensive celebrations.  Overall, I'm quite impressed.  

Now for an important Question:  How can Rainmaker get a hold of a 'royal voice'?

If no one else wants to go next in Corvallis, I can go with Rainmaker.  

Blaze, how is Buttercup doing evacuating the remaining Vanillas?  Rainmaker might have need of her.  

I was having her finish up when she contacted GasMask about Bubbles in my last post, so she'll be returning to the group in my next post (whether of her own volition or due to orders is up to how you decide to do your Rainmaker post).

I did not help build my current home, but I did help clean it after the previous owners completely trashed it. <_<

I don't know if Sam would like the birthday privilege. It involves cake, yes, but also very sparkly clothes. Though she'd probably let Sam visit her mom, there's no guarantee said mom would be able to return to her home following the visit. It'd be like a party. That never ends. :mellow:

Yeah, kind of like how I doubt anyone really cares about the drinking age anymore except in places like Newcago. :P

Jerks. <_<

Sam wouldn't be fond of the sparkling clothes, but she'd understandably much rather bring her mom under Funtimes' protection than let Lightwards be the final arbiter of her life or death. :mellow:

Yeah... in a city where a teenage girl can be stripped in public and gruesomely murdered without any repercussions for her killer, it's probable that no one would care if Sam had a glass of wine.

Though the Momentum Twins had to steal liquor because no one would sell to them, so maybe the vanilla population still follows the old laws whenever they can. :huh:

Jerks. <_<

Sam wouldn't be fond of the sparkling clothes, but she'd understandably much rather bring her mom under Funtimes' protection than let Lightwards be the final arbiter of her life or death. :mellow:

Yeah... in a city where a teenage girl can be stripped in public and gruesomely murdered without any repercussions for her killer, it's probable that no one would care if Sam had a glass of wine.

Though the Momentum Twins had to steal liquor because no one would sell to them, so maybe the vanilla population still follows the old laws whenever they can. :huh:

It was a short sale, meaning the bank had repossessed the house, so once they did an assessment, the owners would have to pay whatever the bank said the house was worth. So they trashed it in an attempt to keep the value low. I understand why they did it...but it still doesn't change the fact that I was on my hands and knees for days, scrubbing slate tile floors. <_<

Can't really blame her. :mellow: Though I must admit I'm curious to see how Mrs. Trattner would react to seeing her daughter's abductor is pretty much the opposite of a cannibal. :P

...Maybe they refused to sell it to them out of spite?

It was a short sale, meaning the bank had repossessed the house, so once they did an assessment, the owners would have to pay whatever the bank said the house was worth. So they trashed it in an attempt to keep the value low. I understand why they did it...but it still doesn't change the fact that I was on my hands and knees for days, scrubbing slate tile floors. <_<

Can't really blame her. :mellow: Though I must admit I'm curious to see how Mrs. Trattner would react to seeing her daughter's abductor is pretty much the opposite of a cannibal. :P

...Maybe they refused to sell it to them out of spite?

People can really suck when there's money on the line. <_<

Sam still isn't 100% convinced that Funtimes isn't a cannibal, or at least a serial killer of some kind. Neither one of them trust Epics very much. :mellow:

Maybe? Maybe Megan and Alison were locally well known as vanillas, and never used their powers enough to change people's behavior around them?

People can really suck when there's money on the line. <_<

Sam still isn't 100% convinced that Funtimes isn't a cannibal, or at least a serial killer of some kind. Neither one of them trust Epics very much. :mellow:

Maybe? Maybe Megan and Alison were locally well known as vanillas, and never used their powers enough to change people's behavior around them?

Yeah. Yeah they can. <_<

That's probably wise. :mellow:

Maybe. Maybe the store owners only sell to under 21 for people they like? :P

Yeah. Yeah they can. <_<

That's probably wise. :mellow:

Maybe. Maybe the store owners only sell to under 21 for people they like? :P

At least your encounter with scumbags ended with you just scrubbing floors. I've been shot at. With guns. The night time prowlers here in Texas are of a nastier breed than in some other areas I've been in. :blink:

Out of curiosity, what kind of sparkly clothes would Funtimes default to? A sparkly version of whatever Sam's happens wearing at the moment? A pink ballerina tutu? An outfit that makes her look like the pink power ranger, with helmet included?

At least your encounter with scumbags ended with you just scrubbing floors. I've been shot at. With guns. The night time prowlers here in Texas are of a nastier breed than in some other areas I've been in. :blink:

Out of curiosity, what kind of sparkly clothes would Funtimes default to? A sparkly version of whatever Sam's happens wearing at the moment? A pink ballerina tutu? An outfit that makes her look like the pink power ranger, with helmet included?

All are excellent ideas. :ph34r: She'd leave a good bit of the black--that's Sam's "look," after all--but add some pink sparkles here, some purple sparkles there. Think a black jacket with pink heart-shaped buttons over a shirt covered in purple sequins.

Rainmaker post is up!  I'm not entirely happy with it, but don't know why (likely just because I'm awkward at writing fight scenes).  If you all notice any issues, let me know!  

Silver, I tried not to assume anything about Converter's reaction or response to Rainmaker's new attack strategy, but if you feel your options are unduly constrained, let me know I can edit things to make it less restrictive.  

Blaze, I think Buttercup could be up next.  Her or Converter anyways.  I wasn't sure if Buttercup's healing factor would be enough to stop Converter from instantly sapping all her heat, so I decided Rainmaker didn't know either, and would err on the side of caution.  Feel free to have Buttercup object.  

Anyways, back to work for me!  Why is it so hard to find email addresses for different school administrations?  Some school division websites are great, others seem horribly out-dated and difficult to use :(.

All are excellent ideas. :ph34r: She'd leave a good bit of the black--that's Sam's "look," after all--but add some pink sparkles here, some purple sparkles there. Think a black jacket with pink heart-shaped buttons over a shirt covered in purple sequins.

Visualizing... visualizing...

Huh. That's actually not a bad look for her. :ph34r:

Rainmaker post is up!  I'm not entirely happy with it, but don't know why (likely just because I'm awkward at writing fight scenes).  If you all notice any issues, let me know!  

Silver, I tried not to assume anything about Converter's reaction or response to Rainmaker's new attack strategy, but if you feel your options are unduly constrained, let me know I can edit things to make it less restrictive.  

Blaze, I think Buttercup could be up next.  Her or Converter anyways.  I wasn't sure if Buttercup's healing factor would be enough to stop Converter from instantly sapping all her heat, so I decided Rainmaker didn't know either, and would err on the side of caution.  Feel free to have Buttercup object.  

Anyways, back to work for me!  Why is it so hard to find email addresses for different school administrations?  Some school division websites are great, others seem horribly out-dated and difficult to use :(.

No, the post was perfect, but now Converter might be just a little bit more mad that she was before. She might do something really stupid. 

On an unrelated note, what would happen if someone, not naming any names here, were to absorb all the heat in the grown with water on top of it, and then release it back, and then repeat the process? Not saying someone might do that or anything.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

No, the post was perfect, but now Converter might be just a little bit more mad that she was before. She might do something really stupid. 

On an unrelated note, what would happen if someone, not naming any names here, were to absorb all the heat in the grown with water on top of it, and then release it back, and then repeat the process? Not saying someone might do that or anything.  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

I'm not sure, that's probably a question for Edge or Voidus.  

On another note, I'm working on the powers for Euphoria's mysterious captor.  His powers are very clear to me in my mind, but I'm having difficulty explaining them.  Let me know how I did!

EDIT:  Of course, also let me know if you see problems of a world-breaking variety here, or if you feel there is overlap with another epic.  The most similar one I could find was Lockvault, but I felt the cognitive space (taking suggestions for other names as well) was sufficiently different from storage to prevent overlap.  

Insight [WIP]

Powers: Cognitive Space - Insight carries what he calls his 'cognitive space' around him at all times, and can transfer himself, and anything or anyone he touches, in and out of it at will.  His cognitive space is a shadow of the actual space he occupies, and because of this, he can observe the real world from it.  The cognitive space has about a half kilometer diameter, and moves with Insight, keeping him at the center.  If other people are brought into the cognitive space, the only way to leave it is if Insight touches them, or if they reach the border and Insight allows them to pass through it.  If Insight wishes for them to stay in the cognitive space, they will be trapped.

While in the space, Insight and any other occupants are invisible and intangible to the rest of the world.  They are completely incapable of being perceived.  They can hear and see what is happening in the real world, but sound is muffled slightly, and only objects or persons in the Cognitive space can be seen in colour.  Things outside of the cognitive space when viewed from inside of it are seen only in black and white.  Insight himself can 'half-shift' being in both his cognitive space and the real world at once.  While 'half-shifted' he can see and hear both spaces, and can be seen and heard in both, but becomes incorporeal, incapable of touching people or objects in either space.  His ability to become incorporeal at will functions as a prime invincibility, but it can only be exercised at will, and will not kick in automatically if he is put into danger.  Another property of the space is that the memories of living things who are present in the space become visible, hovering in the air around them, and Insight is able to view them.  

Insight has control over how time flows within the Cognitive Space, and is able to speed it up or slow it down relative to time in the real world.  This ability only affects him, and others within the Cognitive Space, and has no effect on the regular passage of time.  He can use this ability to travel quickly while in the Cognitive Space, or to take time to think or view his opponents or other parties in slow motion before deciding how to engage them.  He can only affect the flow of time when he is fully present in his cognitive space, and cannot do so when half shifted.  

This power has many applications, however most are defensive in nature.  Remaining in his cognitive space allows Insight to be invisible, intangible, and silent, making him an excellent spy.  Half-shifting, as mentioned above, can function as a prime invincibility, but limits how else he uses his power.  When fully shifted, he is vulnerable to harm from any one else who is fully within the Cognitive Space, and epic powers will function normally there  Offensively, he can make objects intangible by shifting them, place them inside a person, and then shift them back to the real world.  

I quite like Insight :) very interesting power.

On an unrelated note, what would happen if someone, not naming any names here, were to absorb all the heat in the grown with water on top of it, and then release it back, and then repeat the process? Not saying someone might do that or anything. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

absorb the heat from the ground? And then send it back? You'd freeze everything in an area around you (so the water would freeze) and then return it to normal temperatures by sending the heat back. There wouldn't be much heat in the ground though.

...It took every ounce of my willpower not to simply reply "no comment." I probably would've done it if there hadn't been a mod reading to spook me. :P

Oh, and to respond to something Edgedancer said a dozen pages back: I looked it up, and the Oregon age of consent is 18. Which means Sam is still tragically barred from crack ships. :(:P

You should've just put RAFO. :P

I didn't want to sound arrogant.  :ph34r:

By day she is a heretical Alethi princess.

By night, she is Soulcaster-Woman! Criminals beware!

I only just realized how great an Epic name Soulcaster is. Taking it for a combative astral projector.

I like Insight! No real thoughts to speak of, but I like him. :)

I only just realized how great an Epic name Soulcaster is. Taking it for a combative astral projector.

Gosh. I didn't realize that either. :D

Understand this isn't me being pushy or anything--I of all people don't have the right to be pushy--but how soon can we expect to see MV furiously blushing and protesting that she's not on a date? :P

I like Insight! No real thoughts to speak of, but I like him. :)

Gosh. I didn't realize that either. :D

Understand this isn't me being pushy or anything--I of all people don't have the right to be pushy--but how soon can we expect to see MV furiously blushing and protesting that she's not on a date? :P

Yeah I like Insight too, interesting powerset there's definitely a certain amount of overlap with some other Epics, notably Lockvault and Sidestep but enough differences to keep things interesting.

I'm writting up Impact and MV posts now :D

Sorry everyone, I haven't been on a lot as I have been really busy.  I have finals over this week and the next, so I likely won't be on and posting, but after that I will be able to resume