Cool. (Is MV wearing the exact same clothes as her sister?)

Arsenal might be convinced to send them off with a simple car as a gesture of good will.

Yep, they even do their hair identically every morning so they'd be as close to identical as they can.

Yep, they even do their hair identically every morning so they'd be as close to identical as they can.

To echo TwiLyght's sentiments, that is indeed adorable. But it will mean that Deathwish will strongly suspect them of being the same Epic with a cloning secondary. :P

To echo TwiLyght's sentiments, that is indeed adorable. But it will mean that Deathwish will strongly suspect them of being the same Epic with a cloning secondary. :P

She could show off her completely different powerset and freeze Deathwish's jaw shut so he can't voice his suspicions, maybe she'd unfreeze it too... maybe. :P

She could show off her completely different powerset and freeze Deathwish's jaw shut so he can't voice his suspicions, maybe she'd unfreeze it too... maybe. :P

I really want to believe that MV's power has no time limit or range, so Deathwish's mouth would be sealed for the rest of the RP. :lol::P

I really want to believe that MV's power has no time limit or range, so Deathwish's mouth would be sealed for the rest of the RP. :lol::P

No time limit or technically range but she needs to know where it is, typically through line of sight. Especially if it's just a part of something like just his mouth. So unfortunately once she leaves the room he'd be able to talk again.

No time limit or technically range but she needs to know where it is, typically through line of sight. Especially if it's just a part of something like just his mouth. So unfortunately once she leaves the room he'd be able to talk again.

Boooooo! Looks like we'll just need a different plan, then. Maybe some version of the game See Who Can Be Quiet the Longest? :ph34r:

Boooooo! Looks like we'll just need a different plan, then. Maybe some version of the game See Who Can Be Quiet the Longest? :ph34r:

Answer: none of the ladies, after they loudly start telling him to stop groping them. :mellow:

A good old-fashioned gag, then? Mortal terror at realizing he's stuck at the DMV with Nighthound?

The gag could work, but he'd eventually shake it loose after flying into enough buildings. And I doubt the clerks at the DMV deserve such a terrible misfortune as having Nighthound and Deathwish entering their building at the same time. :mellow:

Well if she were so inclined she could just freeze all the air around his head so Deathwish can't breathe, that would fix the problem :P

You know, it occurs to me that Converter and Phoenix would make a powerful pair. He heats himself up, and she draws the heat into herself. He is an endless energy source.

I know. It going to be soooo much fun writing her!:)

Okay, I'm kinda glad for this debate as it has given me a reason and a need to flesh out Smasher's personality more. He was the Destructor most lacking, I just never got around to it. I actually think this power fits him really well.

Smasher grew up with sports. His dad had trained for the Olympics, but injuries got in the way. Smasher started flag football at a very young age, progressing to tackle as he grew. He also began wrestling in high school. He was one of the star linebackers in high school too. This is where most of his strategic knowledge comes from. He learned it from football plays. He isn't the best strategist in the Destructors, but adapts very well. He had had sportsmanship drilled into him by a couple of coaches throughout his experience and winning instilled in him from his father. His father drank quite often and, whenever Smasher lost a game, he would lash out at his son. Oftentimes, he beat Smasher with his belt or his fists. Smasher has a love of playing games and a strong desire for good sportsmanship. But his desire to win is even deeper. He thinks of battles as more practical and higher stake versions of sports. When he fights, he fights to win, but to win fairly. (Well, fairly as Epic powers run.) With Vanillas, he kills mostly with his hands unless an Epic is protecting them. He thinks it unfair to use forcefields to kill them. He gets a thrill from the fight and enjoys the adrenaline rush from hand fights. With most Epics, he tends to use his hands, but may use his incorporeality as well. If an enemy can't be killed with bare hands, he realizes that winning is the most important, especially in this high stakes game. In extreme cases, he will use his forcefields to kill if there isn't any other option but to lose. That's what's happening with Mary. He's already seen Hawk and Des die, now he's a but psyched out and knows that he can't beat Mary without his forcefields.

Does that explain him better? I'm quite set on the contracting forcefields now and we've worked out most of the details in the PM about the fight.

I'll be honest two of your points leave me slightly confused. For one, why would Hawk's "death" matter? It's not like I'm having Mary and Deathgale gather his remnants to keep him prisioner. I'm actively letting him get away from this, to be all healed up in a minute and escape.

The other thing, how is he "beating" Mary by crushing Kinesis? He's revealing his trumph card to get rid of minor Epic, looking at it completely rationally and in character I would say Mary actually gains more from this than she looses.

It's your thing if the flaw is in the characters logic, just thought I might as well point it out.

the difference in the Impactwish fight is that they didn't want either to die unless it happened naturally. Kinesis is a minor epic pawn that Sirce has decided to let us kill, with no real story arcs or plans that would be interrupted by this, unlike if Impact died.

To be more precise he said he doesn't mind them dying if you make sensible but they are not freebies. You've run with that to the point you don't even let Sirce write their death scenes and he has to argue for his characters to be even allowed to so much as react to your killing attempts.

Oh well, not that it matters much anymore.

Looks like the game day for Portland and the Dalles is going to be over soon, any suggestions on how to sync up the various games? Amazingly all other games have started during today in Portland time :P

As said before, Backtrack and MV returning is the sync point for the Dalles and Portland, so we have to see if they return before, during or after the MEE attack on the museum. (Depending on how fast Kobold gets that Lightwards post done :ph34r: )

Astoria might get a phone call between Lucentia and Deathgale for continuity sake.

Cool. (Is MV wearing the exact same clothes as her sister?)

Arsenal might be convinced to send them off with a simple car as a gesture of good will.

Fastest way to get them there would actually be teleportation. On another note, is MV going to remember that she wanted to drop Backtrack by Baxter first or will this turn into a case of no good deed unpunished?

Looks like the game day for Portland and the Dalles is going to be over soon, any suggestions on how to sync up the various games? Amazingly all other games have started during today in Portland time :P

All the cities are coming to the nighttime now. It's dusk in Astoria, but Lightwrought(is that her name?) has brightened the sky. How many days have we had in Portland a? Two or three?

I'll be honest two of your points leave me slightly confused. For one, why would Hawk's "death" matter? It's not like I'm having Mary and Deathgale gather his remnants to keep him prisioner. I'm actively letting him get away from this, to be all healed up in a minute and escape.

The other thing, how is he "beating" Mary by crushing Kinesis? He's revealing his trumph card to get rid of minor Epic, looking at it completely rationally and in character I would say Mary actually gains more from this than she looses.

It's your thing if the flaw is in the characters logic, just thought I might as well point it out.

It's just shocking him into realizing that they aren't the most powerful ones around. Usually, when they attack a city, they only lose a couple commandos at worst. But already Hawk's died(and this is his first time in a year or so) and so has Des. He's just a lot more wary now.

Sorry, that was ambiguity on my part. He's not beating Mary, exactly, but I meant that he couldn't beat Mary to Kinesis without the forcefields.

All the cities are coming to the nighttime now. It's dusk in Astoria, but Lightwrought(is that her name?) has brightened the sky. How many days have we had in Portland a? Two or three?

It's just shocking him into realizing that they aren't the most powerful ones around. Usually, when they attack a city, they only lose a couple commandos at worst. But already Hawk's died(and this is his first time in a year or so) and so has Des. He's just a lot more wary now.

Sorry, that was ambiguity on my part. He's not beating Mary, exactly, but I meant that he couldn't beat Mary to Kinesis without the forcefields.

I would have to go back and count but it shouldn't have been more than three very bussy days.

Ah, I see.

Refresh me on what exactly I need to show in my post, and I'll make that my priority for today.

Primarily his reaction to Lucentia's mention about Altermind's weakness and being released from his prision.

Does anyone here know the Mutants&Mastermind tabletop RPG?

Primarily his reaction to Lucentia's mention about Altermind's weakness and being released from his prision.

Does anyone here know the Mutants&Mastermind tabletop RPG?

OK, that shouldn't be too hard to write. It'd be best for you to actually bring them to the Museum anyway, since Lucentia's in charge of the diamonds.

Nope. Not at all. Why?

OK, that shouldn't be too hard to write. It'd be best for you to actually bring them to the Museum anyway, since Lucentia's in charge of the diamonds.

Nope. Not at all. Why?

I'll do that. By now I forgot her game plan for the conversation anyway. :ph34r: (Although I do remember she at least noticed something was up with Sam at the time)

It's a RPG specifically designed to capture the style of Superhero comics and has very good adaptability concerning powers and the like. I just dusted off the rulebook and thought that it's probably the best system I know of, should someone want to run an RPG in the Reckoners setting. (Or at least for tabletop ones with actual rules and numbers for the powers. :P )

I'll do that. By now I forgot her game plan for the conversation anyway. :ph34r: (Although I do remember she at least noticed something was up with Sam at the time)

It's a RPG specifically designed to capture the style of Superhero comics and has very good adaptability concerning powers and the like. I just dusted off the rulebook and thought that it's probably the best system I know of, should someone want to run an RPG in the Reckoners setting. (Or at least for tabletop ones with actual rules and numbers for the powers. :P )

Will she be inclined to share the Sam tidbits with Lightwards as well?

Oh, you mean the boring kind of RPG. :P It does sound interesting.

I'd love to do a more rules-based RPG sometime, I love the freestyle play of WHIO but I've always wanted to do a tabletop, just not enough people I know unfortunately.

Will she be inclined to share the Sam tidbits with Lightwards as well?

Oh, you mean the boring kind of RPG. :P It does sound interesting.

I think that was the plan originally yes... I at least had her mention two pieces of information at the beginning of the conversation and I can't remember what the other could have been. :P

I love our RP here as well but it is fun to play around with. (I'll be honest I never managed to gather enough people IRL to run a proper T-RPG, so I'm kinda curious how that would go. :ph34r: )