Nightblood

ARARITA

We'd need to splinter a piece of harmony out to find out I'd guess.

Chances of it visually looking like god metal are good though maybe? Just that it wouldn't be a viable method of forging one, but simply a byproduct of its origin.

So what would a Scadrial Shardblade be made out of? It stands to reason that every shad could have a shardblade.

I wonder what would happen if you hit Sazed with a hemalergic spike. I think necrosil is the one that steals investiture. I wonder can you spike something non living and give it life. That would be the way to do it one thousand small spikes full of what ever the koloss spikes were, I think would be good.

Hemalurgy requires flowing blood, IIRC (hence the name), so I don't think bind points would exist on immaterial bodies like Sazed or a sword.

There's also the fact that you can't logically staple a scrap of soul encoding physical strength or something onto an object lacking such a concept.

Edited by natc

upvote WindrunnerRadiant - i appreciate your arguments - but as i stated previously ..still not convinced ..almost though.

Definite merit to what you wrote. However i feel like we are missing something and i'm betting we don't know everything yet to figure it out.

I am beginning to think of him as a Zombieblade

Hemalurgy requires flowing blood, IIRC (hence the name), so I don't think bind points would exist on immaterial bodies like Sazed or a sword.

There's also the fact that you can't logically staple a scrap of soul encoding physical strength or something onto an object lacking such a concept.

I had not thought about the need for blood that does make it a little sticky. I wonder if plants have bind points.

As for your second point isnt that basicly what they do with awakening all the time so i don't think the concept is flawed but you are right not imbued with human strength but maybe the blessing of presence would work.  although maybe if plants work stick a bunch of blessings of presence in a tree then then cut a sword out of it using the section with the spikes in it then bam. Other spikes could grant other powers. but you would need a lot that is for sure.

upvote WindrunnerRadiant - i appreciate your arguments - but as i stated previously ..still not convinced ..almost though.

Definite merit to what you wrote. However i feel like we are missing something and i'm betting we don't know everything yet to figure it out.

I am beginning to think of him as a Zombieblade

Fair enough. I still can't say I agree with you though.

I wonder what would happen if you hit Sazed with a hemalergic spike. I think necrosil is the one that steals investiture. I wonder can you spike something non living and give it life. That would be the way to do it one thousand small spikes full of what ever the koloss spikes were, I think would be good.

While natc is right and Hemalurgy requires flowing blood, I don't know that that means Sazed (as Harmony) couldn't be spiked. We don't necessarily understand all of a Shard Holder's abilities and powers, but we do know that they have legitimately created life before. With this knowledge, couldn't it be possible for a Shard Holder to create a real, flesh body (with flowing blood) to contain a portion of their power as an avatar they could use to walk on the world as a semi-mortal being? It would create the possibility of spiking a Shard Holder.

This gives me a knew idea for a theory...

Edited by WindrunnerRadiant

• Chaos locked this topic