You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

Also, I just read the mid-20 chapters of Hero of Ages last night, so:

When you laugh giddily in the middle of the night just because Hoid's name shows up as a little easter egg, and then nearly cry when you realize Vin barely even interacts with him.

15 minutes ago, Dawnbearer said:

Also, I just read the mid-20 chapters of Hero of Ages last night, so:

When you laugh giddily in the middle of the night just because Hoid's name shows up as a little easter egg, and then nearly cry when you realize Vin barely even interacts with him.

Wait until you read Secret History :ph34r:

36 minutes ago, Dawnbearer said:

I should read that and The Bands of Mourning between Era 1 and 2, right? Or is it better to finish Era 2 first?

It does not really matter. I waited until afterwards, but either way it's a fun read.

When you wish you were a couple years older, so you had a job so you could actually fund the kickstarter.

1 hour ago, Dawnbearer said:

should read that and The Bands of Mourning between Era 1 and 2, right? Or is it better to finish Era 2 first?

Bands of Mourning is the last published book of Era 2, secret history is its own thing

1 hour ago, John203 said:

Bands of Mourning is the last published book of Era 2, secret history is its own thing

1 hour ago, Wyndlerunner said:

Yep, if you read Bands of Mourning between Hero of Ages and Alloy of Law, you're bound to be very confused.

Gotcha, I thought the two novellas were adjacent. I'll probably save them for after Era 2 anyway, I still have Warbreaker, SA 2 & 3, Threnody, and Elantris to entertain me once I'm done with Hero of Ages.:blink::lol:

18 minutes ago, Dawnbearer said:

I'll probably save them for after Era 2 anyway

I think you may have gotten the wrong idea about The Bands Of Mourning. The Bands of Mourning isn't a novella, It's the sequel to Shadows of Self, so actually, it is a part of Era 2, and a full blown novel to boot. It and Secret History are lumped together for many reasons, the least spoilery of which is that it was released the same day, and has some relevance to some of the things in Bands of Mourning