You Know You're a Sanderfan When...

Shardbearer

When you plan to do your senior project on evaluating the themes present in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere so then you can continue binging the Cosmere, but get credit for it while you are at it

Edited by GoWibble

1 hour ago, GoWibble said:

When you plan to do your senior project on evaluating the themes present in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere so then you can continue binging the Cosmere, but get credit for it while you are at it

Relatable, I've done something very similar. My extended essay is about how mental health/illness affects character development, and I'm using (WOT)

Spoiler

Rand

and Shallan as examples

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Sedai said:

Relatable, I've done something very similar. My extended essay is about how mental health/illness affects character development, and I'm using (WOT)

Reveal hidden contents

Rand

and Shallan as examples

If anyone is familiar with it, it's for my AP Research class. So a bit more than an essay, but cool

When while watching Captain America Civil War for the 1st time you see the part where (spoilers)

Spoiler

Cap smashes Ironman's helm and disables the armor

and then think "ok he's out of the fight now." then think "how's he gonna get home?" and then

Spoiler

Ironman sits up

and you think "WAIT STOP HE CANT DO THAT ITS TOO HEAVY" and then realize you've been thinking of Ironman's suit as if it were shardplate. :P

Edit: There's this one guy at school who wears a hat that says SIIN or S11N and every time I see that hat, Every Time, I think it says "SHIN."

Edited by Tani

11 hours ago, CrypticSpren said:

When whenever you hear the name Seth, you immediately think "Szeth son-son Vallano, truthless of Shinovar, wore white on the day he was to kill a king."

The white clothing was a Parshendi tradition, foreign to him. But he did as his masters required and did not ask for an explanation. He sat in a large stone room baked by enormous firepits that cast a garish light on the revelers, causing beads of sweat to form on their skin as they danced and drank and yelled and sang and clapped. Some fell to the ground red-faced, the revelry too much for them, their stomachs proving to be inferior wineskins. They looked as if they were dead, at least until their friends carried them out of the feast hall to waiting beds. Szeth did not sway to the drums, drink the sapphire wine, or stand to dance. He sat at a bench at the back, a still servant in white robes. Few at the treaty signing celebration noticed him. He was just a Shinservant, and Shin were easy to ignore. Most out here in the East thought that Szeth's kind were docile and harmless. They were generally right.

The drummers began to beat a new rhythm. The beats shook through Szeth like a quartet of thumping hearts pumping waves of invisible blood through the room. Szeth's masters - who were dismissed as savages by those in more civilized kingdoms - sat at their own table. They were men with skin of black marbled with red. 

The red is what I got wrong from writing it down. I'm generally better at reciting it. This is how you know you're a sanderfan

15 minutes ago, GoWibble said:

The white clothing was a Parshendi tradition, foreign to him. But he did as his masters required and did not ask for an explanation. He sat in a large stone room baked by enormous firepits that cast a garish light on the revelers, causing beads of sweat to form on their skin as they danced and drank and yelled and sang and clapped. Some fell to the ground red-faced, the revelry too much for them, their stomachs proving to be inferior wineskins. They looked as if they were dead, at least until their friends carried them out of the feast hall to waiting beds. Szeth did not sway to the drums, drink the sapphire wine, or stand to dance. He sat at a bench at the back, a still servant in white robes. Few at the treaty signing celebration noticed him. He was just a Shinservant, and Shin were easy to ignore. Most out here in the East thought that Szeth's kind were docile and harmless. They were generally right.

The drummers began to beat a new rhythm. The beats shook through Szeth like a quartet of thumping hearts pumping waves of invisible blood through the room. Szeth's masters - who were dismissed as savages by those in more civilized kingdoms - sat at their own table. They were men with skin of black marbled with red. 

The red is what I got wrong from writing it down. I'm generally better at reciting it. This is how you know you're a sanderfan

wow. I can recite the opening of every wot book, since its always the same, but because of that its far easier to learn