Crossovers with Cosmere

Kestrel

I don't know about you guys, but I'm a huge fan of crossovers between fandoms/franchises. Well, with reason. But I enjoy writing them, roleplaying them, etc.

For a while now I've been thinking up various crossovers with Cosmere, mostly with other science fiction shows/books/etc.

For a while I was doing a Doctor Who/Crossover rp, which worked out wonderfully if it weren't for the fact that the other person hadn't read Cosmere. Star Trek would also make an interesting crossover with any of Sanderson's works.

What about you guys? Anyone else have some Cosmere crossover ideas to share?

Okay, I just came up with this just now but...

The Hunger Games?

Tributes could find metals or infused gemstones around the arena, or something like that. Personally, I'm not a huge fan the The Hunger Games, but I think it might have interesting implications when combined with the Cosmere.

Leverage. Because Sophie is a Lightweaver and Parker is an Edgedancer. The others I'm not sure about (need more data, dammit!).

Eliot is definitely a Thug (Misting that can burn only pewter.)

Nate is a Rioter (not quite exact, as he is both Rioter and Soother, but has none of the other Metal-burning powers.)

I do this all the time!!!!!

Any movie I see, I immediately think how cooler it would be with mistborns, or windrunners. 

I was watching Agents of Shield and 

When Sky get powers, I'm like, She's Going on her Rendering!!!!!

Sorry but I just realized that some people might not have watched it yet and still want to.

Firefly!  You know that Shepherd Book is a Rioter.  And Inara is clearly a soother.  Zoe is a Thug, Jayne is a Tineye (remember that sniper shot he pulled off?).  Mal is a world-class smoker, and Simon is a feruchemist who has access to a massive coppermind of medical knowledge. River... well, she's kind of like a Mistborn who's been genetically altered or something to be constantly Nicrosil-boosted. And Wash and Kaylee?  Heck, he's just a skaa who's dang good pilot and she's just a skaa who's a brilliant engineer!  :-)

Portal! I like to think Aperture Labs is on a minor shardworld and GladOs is the holder of Sarcasm shard. And Wheatley is a world hopper, so to speak.

Also, dark-haired lady that can make portals? Chell is obviously Jasnah during her adventure In Shadesmar.

Portal! I like to think Aperture Labs is on a minor shardworld and GladOs is the holder of Sarcasm shard. And Wheatley is a world hopper, so to speak.

Also, dark-haired lady that can make portals? Chell is obviously Jasnah during her adventure In Shadesmar.

"What's your favorite thing about Shadesmar? Mine is Shadesmar."
"Shadesmar going to Shadesmar can't wait."
"Shadesmar..."
"Shadesmar. Trial. Puttin' the system on trial. In Shadesmar. Shadesmar system. On trial. Guilty. Of being in Shadesmar! Going to Shadesmar jail!"
"Dad! I'm in Shadesmar!  I'm proud of you, son.  Dad, are you Shadesmar? Yes. Now we are a family again."
"Shadesmar Shadesmar wanna go to Shadesmar yes please Shadesmar. Shadesmar Shadesmar. Go to Shadesmar."
"Shadesmar Shadesmar wanna go to Shadesmar"
"Shadesmar Shadesmar going to Shadesmar oh boy"
"Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba! Shadesmar! Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba!"
"Oh. Play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the Shadesmar cops."
"Help me, Shadesmar cops. Shadesmar cops, help."
"Going to Shadesmar going there can't wait gotta go. Shadesmar. Going."
"Shadesmar. Shadesmar."
"I'm going to Shadesmar."
"Oh boy."
"Yeah yeah yeah okay okay."
"Shadesmar. Shadesmar. Gonna go to Shadesmar."
"Shadesmar. Shadesmar. Go to Shadesmar."
"Yes. Please. Shadesmar."
"Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba! Shadesmar!"
"Gonna be in Shadesmar."
"Shadesmar."
"Shadesmar."
"Ohhhh, Shadesmar."
"Wanna go to Shadesmar. Shadesmar."
"[humming]"
"Let's go - let's go to Shadesmar. Let's go to Shadesmar."
"I love Shadesmar. Love Shadesmar."
"Spren. Thoughts. Expanse of Densities. All in Shadesmar.""
"Orbit. Shadesmar orbit. In my Shadesmarsuit."

I don't know how many of you have seen Downton Abbey, but I think a crossover between it and Warbreaker would be awesome for one reason and one reason only: we'd get to see a conversation between Lightsong and the Dowager Countess Grandtham.

Alternatively, I could support a Mistborn/Iron Man crossover for hilarity's sake. 

"What's your favorite thing about Shadesmar? Mine is Shadesmar."

"Shadesmar going to Shadesmar can't wait."

"Shadesmar..."

"Shadesmar. Trial. Puttin' the system on trial. In Shadesmar. Shadesmar system. On trial. Guilty. Of being in Shadesmar! Going to Shadesmar jail!"

"Dad! I'm in Shadesmar!  I'm proud of you, son.  Dad, are you Shadesmar? Yes. Now we are a family again."

"Shadesmar Shadesmar wanna go to Shadesmar yes please Shadesmar. Shadesmar Shadesmar. Go to Shadesmar."

"Shadesmar Shadesmar wanna go to Shadesmar"

"Shadesmar Shadesmar going to Shadesmar oh boy"

"Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba! Shadesmar! Ba! Ba! Ba ba ba!"

"Oh. Play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the Shadesmar cops."

"Help me, Shadesmar cops. Shadesmar cops, help."

"Going to Shadesmar going there can't wait gotta go. Shadesmar. Going."

"Shadesmar. Shadesmar."

"I'm going to Shadesmar."

"Oh boy."

"Yeah yeah yeah okay okay."

"Shadesmar. Shadesmar. Gonna go to Shadesmar."

"Shadesmar. Shadesmar. Go to Shadesmar."

"Yes. Please. Shadesmar."

"Gonna be in Shadesmar."

"Shadesmar."

"Shadesmar."

"Ohhhh, Shadesmar."

"Wanna go to Shadesmar. Shadesmar."

"[humming]"

"Let's go - let's go to Shadesmar. Let's go to Shadesmar."

"I love Shadesmar. Love Shadesmar."

"Spren. Thoughts. Expanse of Densities. All in Shadesmar.""

"Orbit. Shadesmar orbit. In my Shadesmarsuit."

Hahahah! The Shadesmar Core is the best core.

I...might have a tiny headcanon going where Adonalsium is yet another sentient Time Lord megadevice that went and wandered off to do its own thing. 

And it broke. 

As one does.

Edited by Kaymyth

I...might have a tiny headcanon going where Adonalsium is yet another sentient Time Lord megadevice that went and wandered off to do its own thing. 

And it broke. 

As one does.

That's actually a pretty neat headcanon. Remember this clip from The End of Time? What if the Odium is the Could've Been King, with the Unmade being his Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres and the Voidbringers being the Horde of Travesties? :o

That's actually a pretty neat headcanon. Remember this clip from The End of Time? What if the Odium is the Could've Been King, with the Unmade being his Army of Meanwhiles and Neverweres and the Voidbringers being the Horde of Travesties? :o

There's a lot that could be taken from a huge amount of Gallifrey's past.  Pretty much every crazy gadget that they created could think for itself; the Hand of Omega, Nemesis, etc.  Adonalsium didn't even necessarily have to be a weapon; it could have been a creation engine.  Perhaps the entirety of the Cosmere galaxy was created by it before the Shattering, far enough into the future that humans were pretty much everywhere in Mutter's Spiral (the Milky Way to us) and easy enough to grab samples of.  So it harvested DNA, wandered off to some distant part of the universe, and seeded its own galaxy with humans as one of the dominant sentient life-forms.

And then it Shattered, and things got crazy.

There's a lot that could be taken from a huge amount of Gallifrey's past.  Pretty much every crazy gadget that they created could think for itself; the Hand of Omega, Nemesis, etc.  Adonalsium didn't even necessarily have to be a weapon; it could have been a creation engine.  Perhaps the entirety of the Cosmere galaxy was created by it before the Shattering, far enough into the future that humans were pretty much everywhere in Mutter's Spiral (the Milky Way to us) and easy enough to grab samples of.  So it harvested DNA, wandered off to some distant part of the universe, and seeded its own galaxy with humans as one of the dominant sentient life-forms.

And then it Shattered, and things got crazy.

This almost makes too much sense. 

This almost makes too much sense. 

Welcome to my brain.  It's like Tahiti, only less magical and more insane.

I was obsessed with Doctor Who when I was a teenager - and I was a teenager in the 90's.  I yelled at the TV when Nine said he was 900, "You were 953 when you were Sylvester McCoy!"  Since then, the writers have covered that miss with, "oh, he's so old, he's lost track," and I'm mostly okay with that.  Mostly.

Welcome to my brain.  It's like Tahiti, only less magical and more insane.

I was obsessed with Doctor Who when I was a teenager - and I was a teenager in the 90's.  I yelled at the TV when Nine said he was 900, "You were 953 when you were Sylvester McCoy!"  Since then, the writers have covered that miss with, "oh, he's so old, he's lost track," and I'm mostly okay with that.  Mostly.

There's also a theory that he literally lost a lot of his years during the Time War, when vast sections of the timeline were burned. The theory also accounts for the missing serials from 1 and 2's runs, if you wanna get meta.

There's also a theory that he literally lost a lot of his years during the Time War, when vast sections of the timeline were burned. The theory also accounts for the missing serials from 1 and 2's runs, if you wanna get meta.

It all kind of makes you wonder - what wound up happening to Susan?

And, for that matter, Romana?  If the New Adventures novels aren't canon, is she still trapped in E-Space?

It all kind of makes you wonder - what wound up happening to Susan?

And, for that matter, Romana?  If the New Adventures novels aren't canon, is she still trapped in E-Space?

My all-time FAVORITE Doctor Who fan theory is that this guy from Day of the Doctor...

The_General_TDotD.jpg

... is a regenerated Romana. The lines and attitude of this man towards the Doctor fit her to a T, and it's been confirmed for a while now that Time Lords can change gender upon regeneration.

Personally, I like to see small references, little hints at what might have been, rather than full-fledged crossovers.

As to what I wish to see, here's a list.

An emerald signet ring, with a carving of a leaping dolphin. Probably in the Final Empire.

A carved footboard resembling mountains.

A peculiar earring.

An unornamented gold ring.

A sword glinting strangely blue in the sunlight.

An odd sort of amulet

A plain warrior's sword with a ruby in the pommel.

A ruby hilted dagger

A hammer emblazoned with a leaping wolf.

A green ring, next to a yellow one.

Someone in another thread asked about people using Shardblades without arms and it was postulated that (WoR spoiler)

because Shardblades with spren that are alive can change shape, it would just take the form of an arm and attach itself to the wielder

, and I immediately thought of the Winter Soldier from the Marvel-verse

My all-time FAVORITE Doctor Who fan theory is that this guy from Day of the Doctor...

The_General_TDotD.jpg

... is a regenerated Romana. The lines and attitude of this man towards the Doctor fit her to a T, and it's been confirmed for a while now that Time Lords can change gender upon regeneration.

THIS. This is why I love this forum. There's so much attention to detail, even outside of the Cosmere. It makes my brain so happy. 

Aaaaagh I just accidentally downvoted mostlywhatnot. I'm really sorry ...

*hangs head in shame*

Back on topic, it has been scientifically proven that Doctor Who and Buffy can successfully crossover with any fictional setting, ever. Trust me, I'm an Arts major  :P

I love the idea of a Doctor Who/Cosmere crossover. I think Ten would love Nalthis.

For a while I'd convinced myself that Deep Breath was going to be about Twelve visiting Nalthis.

Spoiler alert: I was wrong. -_-

Back on topic, it has been scientifically proven that Doctor Who and Buffy can successfully crossover with any fictional setting, ever. Trust me, I'm an Arts major  :P

I've devoted my life to the study of Doctor Who in surprising places. :ph34r:

Here are Ten and Rose making a cameo in a Buffy comic:

tumblr_lqpcjh5OLo1r1gbyco1_500.jpg

And then there's "Looker" a mysterious character my sources (cough, the Pokemon wiki) tell me appears in several Pokemon games. I could sum him up, but instead I'll post this graphic which already makes a compelling case on its own:

tumblr_mibpughbdR1rw70wfo1_500.png

And here's a recurring cameo a Ten lookalike pony has had in the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

Dr._Hooves_ID_S1E12.png

And if you're doubting that he's genuinely supposed to be the honest-to-goodness Doctor roaming Equestria, well take a look at this panel from the comic of him fiddling with a sonic screwdriver:

wqUSP7Q.jpg

Just for the record, "Doctor Whooves" is my favorite of these unexpected crossovers. :ph34r:

full.png