Crossovers with Cosmere

Kestrel

For a while I'd convinced myself that Deep Breath was going to be about Twelve visiting Nalthis.

Spoiler alert: I was wrong. -_-

I've devoted my life to the study of Doctor Who in surprising places. :ph34r:

Here are Ten and Rose making a cameo in a Buffy comic:

tumblr_lqpcjh5OLo1r1gbyco1_500.jpg

And then there's "Looker" a mysterious character my sources (cough, the Pokemon wiki) tell me appears in several Pokemon games. I could sum him up, but instead I'll post this graphic which already makes a compelling case on its own:

tumblr_mibpughbdR1rw70wfo1_500.png

And here's a recurring cameo a Ten lookalike pony has had in the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic:

Dr._Hooves_ID_S1E12.png

And if you're doubting that he's genuinely supposed to be the honest-to-goodness Doctor roaming Equestria, well take a look at this panel from the comic of him fiddling with a sonic screwdriver:

wqUSP7Q.jpg

Just for the record, "Doctor Whooves" is my favorite of these unexpected crossovers. :ph34r:

full.png

More than that, they've had multiple Doctor incarnations make appearances.  One, Three, Five, and Eleven, at the very least.

Possible WoR spoiler.

I'd like to see a crossover where SG-1 goes to explore some now worlds and their Stargate somehow malfunctions and send them to

Oathgate in Kholinar

Edited by Mestiv

I...might have a tiny headcanon going where Adonalsium is yet another sentient Time Lord megadevice that went and wandered off to do its own thing. 

And it broke. 

As one does.

I've actually been thinking about this too. And obviously, Hoid is the Doctor. He never reveals his name, makes witty comments, and disappears suspiciously all the time? Perfect sense.

I've actually been thinking about this too. And obviously, Hoid is the Doctor. He never reveals his name, makes witty comments, and disappears suspiciously all the time? Perfect sense.

Of course! The Cognitive Realm is all a ruse! Hoid worldhops by using a time and relative dimension in space machine!

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I like to see small references, little hints at what might have been, rather than full-fledged crossovers.

As to what I wish to see, here's a list.

An unornamented gold ring.

A green ring, next to a yellow one.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.JPG

Personally, I like to see small references, little hints at what might have been, rather than full-fledged crossovers.

As to what I wish to see, here's a list.

An emerald signet ring, with a carving of a leaping dolphin. Probably in the Final Empire.

A carved footboard resembling mountains.

A peculiar earring.

A sword glinting strangely blue in the sunlight.

An odd sort of amulet

A plain warrior's sword with a ruby in the pommel.

A ruby hilted dagger

A hammer emblazoned with a leaping wolf.

supernatural-casidontunderstandthatrefer

Edited by The Shadow

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to make sense of the references from Kairos, feeling confident on the hammer but nothing else.

An emerald signet ring, with a carving of a leaping dolphin. Probably in the Final Empire.
Sutcliff's Eagle of the Ninth series?
A carved footboard resembling mountains.

A peculiar earring.

An unornamented gold ring.

A sword glinting strangely blue in the sunlight.

An odd sort of amulet

A plain warrior's sword with a ruby in the pommel.

A ruby hilted dagger
The dagger from shadar logoth in WoT?
A hammer emblazoned with a leaping wolf.
WoT spoiler

Perrin Aybara's hammer, Mah'alleinir

A green ring, next to a yellow one.

Edited by The One Who Reads

• 1 month later...

I constantly imagine a universe in which Gintoki (from Gintama) replaces Kaladin.  I could see him going into his wanting to "protect" things rants quite often.  Then again, giving Gintoki any form of shard weaponry would be terrifying (but hilarious because he'd still always use his STICK).

So...

Sadaharu can come and bite heads as usual.
Kagura would probably want a personal soul caster for unlimited food. Also, I want to see her get lift esque powers-- metabolizing food into some form of raw power.
Hijikata would panic because this universe does not appear to have mayonnaise.

A longer list could be constructed, but I'm too lazy for that..

It would be quite amusing, I think!

Trying to make sense of the references from Kairos, feeling confident on the hammer but nothing else.

Sorry, forgot to check this topic. But I now bring enlightenment! You guys were right about the ones you guessed.

The footboard and the earring were from Megan Whalen Turner's Thief series. If you haven't read it, go read it. Sanderson/Tolkien level worldbuilding.

The gold ring was LotR.

Blue sword was the Damar series by Robin McKinley.

Amulet was Discworld

And the sword was Redwall, one of my childhood favourites.

We're all talking crossovers and referring to movies/TV shows... what about game crossovers? 

For instance:

1- Super Smash Bros Cosmere

2- Legend of Zelda Majora's mask, but instead you can put on different cosmere masks and become mistborn/mistings, KR, etc...

...that's all I can really think of at the moment... 

We're all talking crossovers and referring to movies/TV shows... what about game crossovers? 

For instance:

2- Legend of Zelda Majora's mask, but instead you can put on different cosmere masks and become mistborn/mistings, KR, etc...

You mean Majora's Soulmark, right?

Speaking of games, whenever someone asked 'is it biotic' in 20 questions, I mentally snarked 'you mean, does it glow blue and change stuff's mass? Well, actually....'

And now I really want to see that crossover.

Edited by Paragrin

Zuko and Kaladin? Let's give one more person a life changing field trip with Zuko! Toph can whine in the back.

Also, Raava and Vaatu are totally spren. Look at that "We are bonded forever" scene.

Look what I found on Pinterest! They replaced the faces of Sokka and Zuko, with Adolin and Kaladin!

post-14607-0-08123400-1439920868_thumb.j

Edited by The Honor Spren

• 2 weeks later...

For instance:

Video game crossovers? Did someone ask for Dragon Age? Did someone ask for twenty five thousand words of tragic soul-rending fanfic about the Stormlight crew in Thedas? Well I did it anyway.

Kaladin grows up in an family with his apostate healer dad. Turns out Tien has magic too. Roshone turns Tien over to the Chantry for revenge, and Kaladin volunteers to join the templars in order to protect his brother. Meanwhile Renarin's secretly a mage and hiding it from the court, and gets caught and sent to the Circle. Plot ensues.

I mean, as for supporting characters, Adolin is pretty much Alistair. A heavy-armor warrior who happens to be royalty and in line for the throne? We've got our red-haired quick-witted rogue with a foreign accent who was betrayed by her mentor, so that's Shallan as Leliana and Tyn as Marjolaine. Then again, every Stormlight-reader who plays DA ends up meeting Cailan and asking "What the heck is Elhokar doing in this game????"

Look what I found on Pinterest! They replaced the faces of Sokka and Zuko, with Adolin and Kaladin!

AUGH. *spritzes Pintrest with a spray bottle* Bad Pintrest. Unsourced art is very bad. VERY BAD. Stop it.

That art is by the oh so lovely ExMakina, whose general art tag on tumblr can be found here. That picture itself is right here. And her 17S art thread is here, because she is a 17S member as well.

• Chaos locked this topic