Bloodlines and the Knights Radiant

Meg

We saw in some of Dalinar's flashbacks that the Knights Radiant also used Fabrials some of the time.

Presumably, then, the powers that the Orders had as "inherent" ones were ones they could do without fabrials. Two of the orders were capable of soul-casting if all they had were themselves and probably some stormlight or another similar power source. The fact that they had to be a Knight Radiant by virtue of their actions is a different attribute altogether.

Edited by happyman

It's quite possible that the bloodlines will play role in the future but I agree that I think the KR come about less from bloodlines and more from the connection with spren. However, it wouldn't surprise me through family lines some secret information in how to connect with spren might have been passed down through the generations.

The thing that makes me think that bloodlines are not as important (actually they may become important but wernt important in the past) is Dalinar's flash back scene where he is in the village fighting and after defend himself and his flashback family with the help of A knight the knight tells Dalinar that he should come try out for the knights radiant or something. Just my thought, it might not actually mean anything

• 4 weeks later...

I think that the KR having bloodlines is incorrect mostly due to a number of reasons. For example Dalinar's vision as mentioned by Storm atlas, but one from the top of my head is in the ars arcanum each essence and by extension each order of the KR has attributes, this reveals that it is the way you act which grants you power as a radiant. This suggests that its not very likely that bloodlines have anything to do with radiance.

Edited by blackmagic3

• Chaos locked this topic