Should I ask that one, or the one about whether Epics can have children?

Personally I like the Snowfall query slightly better, simply because we need all the info on west coast politics we can get. Though both questions have a lot of merit.

Personally I like the Snowfall query slightly better, simply because we need all the info on west coast politics we can get. Though both questions have a lot of merit.

I'll ask the Snowfall one, then, once he gets around to answering. (I have the page open on my phone, so I'll just refresh it a bit more obsessively. :P) I'll see if I can pay my siblings in candy or beer (in Alex's case) for asking others.

I'll ask the Snowfall one, then, once he gets around to answering. (I have the page open on my phone, so I'll just refresh it a bit more obsessively. :P) I'll see if I can pay my siblings in candy or beer (in Alex's case) for asking others.

Cool. Be careful not to read any of the other questions, though--there are a ton of unmarked WoR spoilers all over the place. :wacko:

I can make an account since I've never asked.him.a question.

On another note, I was playing Apple's to Apple's and got the odious card. So I shouted out," bow before me, I am Odium!" The best part was that no one looked at me oddly.

I can make an account since I've never asked.him.a question.

On another note, I was playing Apple's to Apple's and got the odious card. So I shouted out," bow before me, I am Odium!" The best part was that no one looked at me oddly.

Awesome! Do you know where to find the FUNTIMES list, by any chance? :)

As it should be. B):P

I can't tell if Kobold is being sarcastic and no one else is getting it, everyone is being sarcastic and I'm not getting it, or everyone is being serious...

I do have a question to pose. This is honestly my mistake, so I'm fine with either outcome, but in my profile for Blossom, I neglected to mention she is immune to her own powers. This is most important for the whole breath power's max force being equivalent to that of a grenade. Essentially, I don't want her dying from her own attacks. She's still normally affected by fire and ice from other sources, but she is immune to her own powers.

My question is whether anyone is opposed to me editing her profile and adding that in. If people are opposed, I won't change, but otherwise I'd like to. This was my intention when creating her, but I forgot to add it in. So, if you are opposed to the modification, please let me know.

I always assume that people are immune to the direct effects of their powers at the very least automatically, and it goes without saying :) (a fire Epic who isn't immune to fire/heat damage would die very quickly). 

With it now confirmed that Brandon will be avoiding answering any questions about the setting of the Reckoners books, ( -_- ) here's a candidate for a revised FUNTIMES list. Questions that seem likely to not be answered are highlighted in red, and are thus candidates for removal.

1. Can you tell us anything about High Epic despots on the west coast?
  2. Besides Oregon and the cities that Obliteration destroyed, are there any parts of the Fractured States rendered completely uninhabitable?
  3. How long after Calamity's appearance was Oregon destroyed?
  4. What are some of the most common Epic powers?
  5. How many Epics have "unique" powers like Firefight or Mitosis?
  6. Would the children of Epics be different from normal humans in any way?
  7. What is the approximate ratio between normal humans and Epics?
  8. What are the determining factors in an Epic's power level?
  9. Is there a correlation between Epic's past lives and their powers, or are their powers assigned at random?
  10. Does Calamity talk to all Epics?
  11. Why has the number of new Epics dropped since Calamity first appeared?
  12. It is strongly implied Conflux faced his fear, but did this remove his weakness as well?
  13. Can a weakness change?
  14. What would happen if an Epic was constantly exposed to his or her weakness?
  15. How many cells of Reckoners are there, and do they operate globally or strictly in the Fractured States?
  16. When were the Reckoners established?
  17. How many countries didn't pass an equivalent to the Capitulation Act?
  18. Is there anything you can tell us about the Epic named Night's Sorrow,  gender, powers, or area of influence-wise?
  19. Can you tell us anything interesting about the Coven?
  20. Will the Oregon turf wars ever be elaborated on in the novels?
  21. If Vin were an Epic, what would her powers and weakness be?
  22. Is there any chance of you eventually publishing an illustrated guide to Epics as a companion to the Reckoners trilogy?
  23. How many humans were killed before Annexation Day?
  24. How symbolic can a weakness be/how strongly must it be connected the root fear.
  25. Is there a reason Dawnslight's influence on New York City wasn't public knowledge, given that he appeared a year before Epics, together with Calamity?

And a potential question to be added:

• Do all Epic weaknesses stem from a trauma earlier in life, or can phobias or other irrational fears become weaknesses?

What do you guys think?

With it now confirmed that Brandon will be avoiding answering any questions about the setting of the Reckoners books, ( -_- ) here's a candidate for a revised FUNTIMES list. Questions that seem likely to not be answered are highlighted in red, and are thus candidates for removal.

• Can you tell us anything about High Epic despots on the west coast?
  • Besides Oregon and the cities that Obliteration destroyed, are there any parts of the Fractured States rendered completely uninhabitable?
  • How long after Calamity's appearance was Oregon destroyed?
  • What are some of the most common Epic powers?
  • How many Epics have "unique" powers like Firefight or Mitosis?
  • Would the children of Epics be different from normal humans in any way?
  • What is the approximate ratio between normal humans and Epics?
  • What are the determining factors in an Epic's power level?
  • Is there a correlation between Epic's past lives and their powers, or are their powers assigned at random?
  • Does Calamity talk to all Epics?
  • Why has the number of new Epics dropped since Calamity first appeared?
  • It is strongly implied Conflux faced his fear, but did this remove his weakness as well?
  • Can a weakness change?
  • What would happen if an Epic was constantly exposed to his or her weakness?
  • How many cells of Reckoners are there, and do they operate globally or strictly in the Fractured States?
  • When were the Reckoners established?
  • How many countries didn't pass an equivalent to the Capitulation Act?
  • Is there anything you can tell us about the Epic named Night's Sorrow,  gender, powers, or area of influence-wise?
  • Can you tell us anything interesting about the Coven?
  • Will the Oregon turf wars ever be elaborated on in the novels?
  • If Vin were an Epic, what would her powers and weakness be?
  • Is there any chance of you eventually publishing an illustrated guide to Epics as a companion to the Reckoners trilogy?
  • How many humans were killed before Annexation Day?
  • How symbolic can a weakness be/how strongly must it be connected the root fear.
  • Is there a reason Dawnslight's influence on New York City wasn't public knowledge, given that he appeared a year before Epics, together with Calamity?

And a potential question to be added:

• Do all Epic weaknesses stem from a trauma earlier in life, or can phobias or other irrational fears become weaknesses?

What do you guys think?

I think quite a few of those are likely to be RAFOd based on the fact that they could be answered in Calamity. Mainly ones about weaknesses and Calamity himself.

Do you mind copying his AMA answer over here?

good thing I didn't ask any of those questions. I just barely saw the new list.

Thanks for asking! :)

I think quite a few of those are likely to be RAFOd based on the fact that they could be answered in Calamity. Mainly ones about weaknesses and Calamity himself.

Do you mind copying his AMA answer over here?

Yeah... do you think I should put obvious RAFO-bait in a different color?

TwiLyght asked him about Snowfall's powers and sphere of influence and got this in reply:

I have notes on this, but if I come back to the Reckoners world in the future, I don't want to be locked into things I say here. Part of the point of mentioning epics like this is to foreshadow for future books, but not leave myself too locked in, so I can construct the story I need to.

I just asked him if, at the time of the first book, any other regions were uninhabitable. I know I'll probably get a RAFO, but it seemed like a more necessary question to try than "Can Obliteration sing every word to REM's 'It's the End of the World as We Know It'?" :P

Edit: It wasn't RAFOed! He said that there aren't many in the states, but since nukes were used in fighting the Epics, there are some irradiated areas around the world, and that he might be able to dig up some more info for us because of the RP! :D

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Yeah... do you think I should put obvious RAFO-bait in a different color?

TwiLyght asked him about Snowfall's powers and sphere of influence and got this in reply:

Maybe a lighter red?

Bummer. It's understandable, but I wish he'd just tell us already. :P