Quick! Ask questions while he's still feeling frumious and make sure to mention the RP! :D

Finally! An opportunity to see if Reckoners is Cosmere!

I mean, what do I ask? Do I post new comments altogether, or post as part of the same comment chain?

Edited by Kobold King

OK, here's what I'm about to post if it's alright with everyone:

Alright--I'd hate to flood you with more nosy questions than you feel comfortable asking, so I'll try to restrain myself.

One question that's been weighing heavily on us is the matter of Oregon's surrounding areas. Are there any Epic despots on the west coast who'd be exerting noticeable influence on Oregon? Snowfall perhaps, or the "Night's Whisper" you mentioned at another signing?

I figure it's worth a try to see if he's willing to answer RP-specific setting questions.

Is is because you want to know what happens if one of our insane ships works out?

Maaaybe. :P Really, I'm just interested to see if Epics are changed enough to not be able to have children with regular humans.

Well, my dad's here to pick me up so I'll be singing out for the time being. Hopefully he answers!!!

Singing out? Quite the dramatic exit. :P

I don't think Brandon realized just quite which can of worms he Opened. :P

Amazing! :D :D :D

Brandon is so awesome

In fact, nukes may be what happened to Oregon. Although the way Megan talked about Portland implied that Epics were still there fighting over it. If it was a no-mans land of radiation, I feel like she would have mentioned it.

In fact, nukes may be what happened to Oregon. Although the way Megan talked about Portland implied that Epics were still there fighting over it. If it was a no-mans land of radiation, I feel like she would have mentioned it.

She made it pretty clear that warring Epics were the ones doing the destruction--though that doesn't rule out the possibility of some Epics doing nuke-like damage to the state. Or The Dalles blowing when Arsenal decides to apply a scorched earth policy and pops a Tsar Bomba out of midair. :ph34r:

Edited by Kobold King

She made it pretty clear that warring Epics were the ones doing the destruction--though that doesn't rule out the possibility of some Epics doing nuke-like damage to the state. Or The Dalles blowing when Arsenal decides to apply a scorched earth policy and pops a Tsar Bomba out of midair. :ph34r:

It's all but stated that seeing warring Epics destroy an entire state is what drove Megan to work for a tyrant. "He's terrible," she says, "but he's the kind of terrible people can live with." Like Kobold said, it doesn't discount the chances of vanillas getting their hands on a few nukes, or—more likely—Epics using nukes as a last-ditch attempt to annihilate their enemies. 

And if anyone's going to do it, my money's on superduperubercorrupted!Arsenal. :mellow: 

It's all but stated that seeing warring Epics destroy an entire state is what drove Megan to work for a tyrant. "He's terrible," she says, "but he's the kind of terrible people can live with." Like Kobold said, it doesn't discount the chances of vanillas getting their hands on a few nukes, or—more likely—Epics using nukes as a last-ditch attempt to annihilate their enemies. 

And if anyone's going to do it, my money's on superduperubercorrupted!Arsenal. :mellow:

Personally I think nukes should be used sparingly by the RP, if at all. It feels like a lazy way of destroying a state. :ph34r:

I don't know--there was Project September. I seem to recall you wondering if you were PMing a real life supervillain when I first brought that up. :P

Personally I think nukes should be used sparingly by the RP, if at all. It feels like a lazy way of destroying a state. :ph34r:

I don't know--there was Project September. I seem to recall you wondering if you were PMing a real life supervillain when I first brought that up. :P

Agreed. They're a climactic event, so if they're used at any point, it should be as a last-ditch attempt at survival. I can't decide—would any of our characters think using nukes against Obliteration would work? 

Yes, I remember. Had I only known about Iconoclast then, I would have known better. :P 

Although it would be strange for an Epic that has given in to the corruption to commit suicide like that. If anything, he would be more inclined to do it the less corrupted he is, as he feels a more selfless sense of civic duty towards the city and avenging it.

On the other hand, if the enemy are all around and he has no escape he certainly wouldn't have anything to lose.

Although it would be strange for an Epic that has given in to the corruption to commit suicide like that. If anything, he would be more inclined to do it the less corrupted he is, as he feels a more selfless sense of civic duty towards the city and avenging it.

On the other hand, if the enemy are all around and he has no escape he certainly wouldn't have anything to lose.

That was more along the lines of what I was thinking. Or if he had some sort of remote detonation—the idea here was him enacting an "If I can't have this city, no one can" sort of plan.