Hi, my brother dragged me into this. I am thinking of creating an epic. 

Shortcut

Primary power: Keyboard shortcuts

Examples:

• Ctrl+B: Makes any highlighted thing, except epics, stronger

• Ctrl+U: Creates a forcefield under any highlighted thing

• Ctrl+I: Makes highlighted thing fancier

• Ctrl+C: Copy any inanimate object to clipboard

• Ctrl+X: Delete any inanimate object and save to clipboard

• Ctrl+V: Paste whatever is in clipboard

• Ctrl+Z: Reincarnation from last save point

• Ctrl+S: Saves current state

• Delete: Deletes anything that is selected

• F2 key: Renames anybody that’s not an epic

• Ctrl+A: Selects everything Shortcut can see

• Alt+Enter: Can see specs about the person highlighted. i.e. Age, gender, height, epic or normal

• Alt+Spacebar: can see all the shortcuts he can do

• Shift+F10: Shows what shortcuts Shortcut can use on a highlighted thing

• Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key: Turns highlighted thing the direction of the arrow key

• Home button: Teleports to his ‘home’. Shortcut can chose where his ‘home’ will be.

• Ctrl+plus (+) or Ctrl+minus (-): makes it bigger or smaller

• Windows logo key‌ +spacebar: Makes himself or others speak different languages.

Secondary Power: Selecting things

Backstory: On his fifth birthday his dad, a fighter fighter, was called away to work as there was an attack on the twin towers. Pleading to not be left alone on his birthday, his dad agrees that Chandler can tag along if he stays in the seat of the firetruck. Sitting there watching his dad Chandler sees his dad being crushed to death as one tower crashes onto the other. Chandler begins to immerse himself in computers to forget his father’s death, though the way he died never has left him.

​For those people who can keep the weakness out of their characters hands...

Weakness: Buildings falling on him.

Hi, and welcome to the RP! :D

I like this guy, but I confess I'm a little concerned that he may be a bit overpowered. Any one of the powers his Keyboard Shortcuts give him would make for a powerful and game-changing Epic all on its own--all of them together would make him one tier below Calamity himself as far as powerful Epics go.

If you limited him to maybe about three of those powers, he'd be awesome and well-suited to the RP. :)

Converter post up.

Hey Silver,

Sorry to bother you again, but I found a few inconsistencies.  Feel free to just tell me how you are going to correct them here or in PM, and then I can post as if the corrections have been made, and you can wait until it is convenient to do the actual corrections.  

Firstly, I think you missed this, since there is no mention of it in the Converter post: 

Worried that the energy epic might find a way through her wind field, or use it to regenerate her energy, Rainmaker hurled several more large hail stones at her adversary, hoping to pin her down from all sides as well as above.  The epic might be able to stop the momentum and weight of the stones from crushing her, but hopefully they would serve to keep her pinned in one place until the other epics arrived to help restrain her.

Rainmaker dropped the hail stones after the truck dropped.  I'll need Converter's response to the hailstones before deciding on Rainmaker's next action.   

Secondly, there were a couple of issues with Inhuman's post (including the presence of vanillas, and the addition of 'Laser Dude').  For now, I think we were going to retcon that post, and let Inhuman enter the RP once this fight is wrapped up (Venture Mistborn, feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this).  Regardless, I couldn't find a place where an epic pushed in front of Icy Hot and Resistor (Inhuman does not do this) so I'm confused about who Converter is referring to in the last paragraph.  

The sequence of events is getting confusing for me as well, so its totally understandable that there are some issues.  For now, Rainmaker's hailstones fall before Inhuman arrives, but after the truck is dropped, so I think you can just assume that Converter's vision is being blocked and she is not aware of what is going on outside.  

For clarity, the hailstones should cut her off from the wind energy.  She can continue to absorb the energy from the wind until the hailstones are dropped, and the kinetic energy from the hailstones once they land (at least from the top one anyways, the sides might land without hitting her), but after that it would be difficult for her to see what is going on outside, unless she melts the stones.  Other than that, I think the only thing Rainmaker is doing is altering the air temperature to be very cold.  

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions, and again, feel free just to PM or post what you intend to edit, so that the thread can proceed, and then edit at your leisure.  

Hi, my brother dragged me into this. I am thinking of creating an epic. 

Shortcut

Primary power: Keyboard shortcuts

Examples:

• Ctrl+B: Makes any highlighted thing, except epics, stronger

• Ctrl+U: Creates a forcefield under any highlighted thing

• Ctrl+I: Makes highlighted thing fancier

• Ctrl+C: Copy any inanimate object to clipboard

• Ctrl+X: Delete any inanimate object and save to clipboard

• Ctrl+V: Paste whatever is in clipboard

• Ctrl+Z: Reincarnation from last save point

• Ctrl+S: Saves current state

• Delete: Deletes anything that is selected

• F2 key: Renames anybody that’s not an epic

• Ctrl+A: Selects everything Shortcut can see

• Alt+Enter: Can see specs about the person highlighted. i.e. Age, gender, height, epic or normal

• Alt+Spacebar: can see all the shortcuts he can do

• Shift+F10: Shows what shortcuts Shortcut can use on a highlighted thing

• Ctrl+Alt+Arrow Key: Turns highlighted thing the direction of the arrow key

• Home button: Teleports to his ‘home’. Shortcut can chose where his ‘home’ will be.

• Ctrl+plus (+) or Ctrl+minus (-): makes it bigger or smaller

• Windows logo key‌ +spacebar: Makes himself or others speak different languages.

Secondary Power: Selecting things

Backstory: On his fifth birthday his dad, a fighter fighter, was called away to work as there was an attack on the twin towers. Pleading to not be left alone on his birthday, his dad agrees that Chandler can tag along if he stays in the seat of the firetruck. Sitting there watching his dad Chandler sees his dad being crushed to death as one tower crashes onto the other. Chandler begins to immerse himself in computers to forget his father’s death, though the way he died never has left him.

​For those people who can keep the weakness out of their characters hands...

Weakness: Buildings falling on him.

Again, welcome! :) 

I like him, but I'm with Kobold here. The strengthening ones especially make him extremely powerful. If you gave him between one and three of those shortcuts and made the rest largely useless—one summons Clippy, one gives him a free donut, one replaces a person's face with a .jpg of a carrot (but he's the only one who can see it)—he'd fit into this game a lot better. Alternatively, you could give him a slew of shortcuts that seem useless, but can be combined into something useful. 

To change topic, now that I'm caught up on MLP, and can no longer watch on Netflix, where do you folks watch it, and would you happen to know a good place to find it online?  

Season 5 specifically? I've always used Watch Anime. It always has the episodes the day they air, usually in different versions. Of course, there's way to many ads that would cause Moral Guardian to nuke the site from orbit.

Eclipse, who's your brother?

Season 5 specifically? I've always used Watch Anime. It always has the episodes the day they air, usually in different versions. Of course, there's way to many ads that would cause Moral Guardian to nuke the site from orbit.

Eclipse, who's your brother?

I use YouTube. They always have the latest episode for free by Saturday afternoon—though I live in the US, so I'm not sure if the copyright laws restrict Canadian viewers from seeing it. 

It's about time I figure out what in Calamity is going on in this town.

There. I am now officially inside of The Dalles.

Though it bugs me that I had to leave it on an indecisive note once again. To be honest, I'm not sure how to get into these storylines. Should I be PM-ing people or something?

Edited by Mckeedee123

Hey Silver,

Sorry to bother you again, but I found a few inconsistencies.  Feel free to just tell me how you are going to correct them here or in PM, and then I can post as if the corrections have been made, and you can wait until it is convenient to do the actual corrections.  

Firstly, I think you missed this, since there is no mention of it in the Converter post: 

Rainmaker dropped the hail stones after the truck dropped.  I'll need Converter's response to the hailstones before deciding on Rainmaker's next action.   

Secondly, there were a couple of issues with Inhuman's post (including the presence of vanillas, and the addition of 'Laser Dude').  For now, I think we were going to retcon that post, and let Inhuman enter the RP once this fight is wrapped up (Venture Mistborn, feel free to correct me if I am wrong about this).  Regardless, I couldn't find a place where an epic pushed in front of Icy Hot and Resistor (Inhuman does not do this) so I'm confused about who Converter is referring to in the last paragraph.  

The sequence of events is getting confusing for me as well, so its totally understandable that there are some issues.  For now, Rainmaker's hailstones fall before Inhuman arrives, but after the truck is dropped, so I think you can just assume that Converter's vision is being blocked and she is not aware of what is going on outside.  

For clarity, the hailstones should cut her off from the wind energy.  She can continue to absorb the energy from the wind until the hailstones are dropped, and the kinetic energy from the hailstones once they land (at least from the top one anyways, the sides might land without hitting her), but after that it would be difficult for her to see what is going on outside, unless she melts the stones.  Other than that, I think the only thing Rainmaker is doing is altering the air temperature to be very cold.  

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions, and again, feel free just to PM or post what you intend to edit, so that the thread can proceed, and then edit at your leisure.

Ahh sparks! Forgot about those hail stones. Converter would probably push one out of the way and try to throw the others at rainmaker.

The epic in the last paragraph is supposed to be inhuman. I really don't know how to interact with him right now.

I should be able to edit her post soon.

Though it bugs me that I had to leave it on an indecisive note once again. To be honest, I'm not sure how to get into these storylines. Should I be PM-ing people or something?

Is anyone close to where he is? Usually we'll just have our characters walk up to another character and say hello (or try to kill them, or threaten it, if the character is an Epic). Autumn is unfortunately nowhere near where he would be, so does anyone else have a character nearby? Otherwise, you could always RP a quick fight with some City Guardsmen to draw attention to him. 

Ahh sparks! Forgot about those hail stones. Converter would probably push one out of the way and try to throw the others at rainmaker.

The epic in the last paragraph is supposed to be inhuman. I really don't know how to interact with him right now.

I should be able to edit her post soon.

Okay, I'll wait for your edit then.  She'd have to use a lot of energy to push it at Rainmaker, since she'd be shooting a huge hailstone upwards and against wind, but I guess with the wind there to help her recharge, she can afford to do that.  

As for Inhuman, since we are still figuring out whether that post is staying or not, just ignore him for now, and pretend Converter is distracted by all the giant hailstones and Rainmaker.  It would be understandable that she doesn't see every little thing, and even if Inhuman does stay present, aside from his fight with the Laser Epic (which will likely be edited out), he doesn't do much to draw attention to himself.  

I made an Epic loosely based on this Silver Age Superman power TwiLyght informed me of on another thread. He quickly became a character with shades of both the sterotypical nerd and conspiracy theorist, with the voice of Bubble Bass from Spongebob thrown in for good measure.

Prepare to be blown away by the awesome power of...

...Figure Fervor. ("Ferv" for short.)

Pre-Calamity Information:

In the days before Calamity brought an end to all things pop culture, Bobby McHunch lived a blissful life in a dingy apartment in San Francisco. He'd grown up on movies and comic books, his fantatical devotion to them only strengthening as he reached adulthood. His days were spent online where he'd debate minutia of the newest comic book films or discuss conspiracy theories on a few chatboards of dubious repute. His living space was filled with comic book titles, a couple of restraining orders from screenwriters who clearly couldn't take a fair piece of criticism, and shelf upon shelf of the prized figurines that gave meaning to his existence. Yes, McHunch was a true connoisseur of culture.

Or a nerd, as many instead characterized him as. He was always quick to deride such individuals as "retarded sheeple," though, so their words never got him down for long.

One might think that such a man would have been excited to live in a world with real-life superpowers. However it did not take long for McHunch to heed the words of the sage and world-weary EverAlert_52, who quickly swayed him to the belief that Calamity was a Zionist conspiracy to take over the world. McHunch soon barricaded himself in his apartment, determined to wait out the apocalypse.

After a week he ran out of food and was forced to head towards his local supermarket, where he had the misfortune of running across an angry High Epic in mid-Rending. Pinned behind a toppled bus as fireballs blazed around him, McHunch could only wimper and wish he'd been able to date Summer Glau before his life came to an end.

But then the fiery red star spoke into his mind. His own powers flared to life inside him, and he found himself pushed inexorably forward to show the world what he was capable of.

He almost died, but was able to use his power to distract the fire Epic long enough to make his getaway. Once his faculties returned to him, McHunch made a new name for himself. Donning an extra large trench coat, a Batman T-shirt, and his favorite fedora, he hit the streets, sure in his knowledge that soon the whole world would tremble before the awesome force that was...

...Figure Fervor.

Powers and Abilities:

Figure Fervor, or "Ferv" as he often goes by nowadays, possesses the unique ability to create and control tiny duplicates of other human beings. He is limited to a "collection" of up to four duplicates at a time, all of whom are a mere 7 inches tall and can be summoned or dismissed at any time.

In the case of Epics, Ferv's duplicates possess a miniscule fraction of the original superbeing's capabilities. For instance, a duplicate Steelheart could fly around a room and lift a few pounds, but his energy bolts would cause mild burns at worst and his transferrence power could barely convert a closet to steel. Duplicates are compelled to follow Ferv's commands be they spoken or mental, acting with a pale imitation of their original model's personality. (Their personalities are highly colored by Ferv's perception of the model, as well.)

Creating a duplicate requires Ferv to personally see and speak to the target individual. 

Modus Operandi:

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my old archnemesis, [insert enemy Epic name here]. I've been wondering when our paths would cross again. You are no doubt a worthy adversary, but I believe it's time for your reign of terror to come to an end!"

* throws tiny Nighthounds at the enemy *

I have no idea whether I'll ever use this Epic. I have no idea whether I should:P

Okay, I'll wait for your edit then.  She'd have to use a lot of energy to push it at Rainmaker, since she'd be shooting a huge hailstone upwards and against wind, but I guess with the wind there to help her recharge, she can afford to do that.  

As for Inhuman, since we are still figuring out whether that post is staying or not, just ignore him for now, and pretend Converter is distracted by all the giant hailstones and Rainmaker.  It would be understandable that she doesn't see every little thing, and even if Inhuman does stay present, aside from his fight with the Laser Epic (which will likely be edited out), he doesn't do much to draw attention to himself.

Post edit now. Tell me if many thing else needs.to.be changed because I'm.really bad.at this stuff.

I made an Epic loosely based on this Silver Age Superman power TwiLyght informed me of on another thread. He quickly became a character with shades of both the sterotypical nerd and conspiracy theorist, with the voice of Bubble Bass from Spongebob thrown in for good measure.

In the days before Calamity brought an end to all things pop culture, Bobby McHunch lived a blissful life in a dingy apartment in San Francisco. He'd grown up on movies and comic books, his fantatical devotion to them only strengthening as he reached adulthood. His days were spent online where he'd debate minutia of the newest comic book films or discuss conspiracy theories on a few chatboards of dubious repute. His living space was filled with comic book titles, a couple of restraining orders from screenwriters who clearly couldn't take a fair piece of criticism, and shelf upon shelf of the prized figurines that gave meaning to his existence. Yes, McHunch was a true connoisseur of culture.

Or a nerd, as many instead characterized him as. He was always quick to deride such individuals as "retarded sheeple," though, so their words never got him down for long.

One might think that such a man would have been excited to live in a world with real-life superpowers. However it did not take long for McHunch to heed the words of the sage and world-weary EverAlert_52, who quickly swayed him to the belief that Calamity was a Zionist conspiracy to take over the world. McHunch soon barricaded himself in his apartment, determined to wait out the apocalypse.

After a week he ran out of food and was forced to head towards his local supermarket, where he had the misfortune of running across an angry High Epic in mid-Rending. Pinned behind a toppled bus as fireballs blazed around him, McHunch could only wimper and wish he'd been able to date Summer Glau before his life came to an end.

But then the fiery red star spoke into his mind. His own powers flared to life inside him, and he found himself pushed inexorably forward to show the world what he was capable of.

He almost died, but was able to use his power to distract the fire Epic long enough to make his getaway. Once his faculties returned to him, McHunch made a new name for himself. Donning an extra large trench coat, a Batman T-shirt, and his favorite fedora, he hit the streets, sure in his knowledge that soon the whole world would tremble before the awesome force that was...

...Figure Fervor.

Powers and Abilities:

Figure Fervor, or "Ferv" as he often goes by nowadays, possesses the unique ability to create and control tiny duplicates of other human beings. He is limited to a "collection" of up to four duplicates at a time, all of whom are a mere 7 inches tall and can be summoned or dismissed at any time.

In the case of Epics, Ferv's duplicates possess a miniscule fraction of the original superbeing's capabilities. For instance, a duplicate Steelheart could fly around a room and lift a few pounds, but his energy bolts would cause mild burns at worst and his transferrence power could barely convert a closet to steel. Duplicates are compelled to follow Ferv's commands be they spoken or mental, acting with a pale imitation of their original model's personality. (Their personalities are highly colored by Ferv's perception of the model, as well.)

Creating a duplicate requires Ferv to personally see and speak to the target individual.

Modus Operandi:

"Well, well, well. If it isn't my old archnemesis, [insert enemy Epic name here]. I've been wondering when our paths would cross again. You are no doubt a worthy adversary, but I believe it's time for your reign of terror to come to an end!"

I have no idea whether I'll ever use this Epic. I have no idea whether I should. :P

If you do use him, I will be morally obligated to create an Epic called Phineas to be his partner in crime. :ph34r::P

Now to figure out what kind of powers "Phineas" might have. :ph34r: 

A really pointy nose so that his miniature doubles as a projectile weapon?

Think about it. It could work.  ;)

Edited by Mckeedee123

Yes. Any ideas for the practical benefits of not having a chin?

Not having a chin... Maybe it qualifies as some sort of meta-Epic power. What if Slaughterhouse came along and decided to morph Phineas' chin into some sort of spike that impaled him? Well... Surprise! No chin.

Hate to break it to you Shiny, but I don't think you're getting "petted" tonight. Served with a restraining order? Probably. But not petted. :P

:o Kobold, how can you just shatter the dreams of an innocent maiden that risked her life without a second thought? :P

There's always the option of just calling someone out that you want a scene with their characters.

Is anyone close to where he is? Usually we'll just have our characters walk up to another character and say hello (or try to kill them, or threaten it, if the character is an Epic). Autumn is unfortunately nowhere near where he would be, so does anyone else have a character nearby? Otherwise, you could always RP a quick fight with some City Guardsmen to draw attention to him. 

I suppose Shiny Sparkle could be near him. Although, she's more likely to return to Autumn. By the way, how much would Shiny Sparkle resturning to the situation fit in with whatever you may have planned?

...Figure Fervor.

Powers and Abilities:

Modus Operandi:

I have no idea whether I'll ever use this Epic. I have no idea whether I should:P

It is really happening... and I like it. :mellow:

Edited by Edgedancer

"My name's Crush. Orange Crush. I'm basically the most powerful Epic in Oregon, so you can grovel or bow if you want to. Doesn't matter to me."

I know that the thought isn't so weird from an Epic but hearing that line from anyone not in Astoria (or Metronome) is rather amusing. :P

I know that the thought isn't so weird from an Epic but hearing that line from anyone not in Astoria (or Metronome) is rather amusing. :P

Metronome wouldn't refer to himself as the most powerful in Oregon, he'd refer to himself as the most powerful IN THE WORLD!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :P

If Lucentia saw his marvelous orangeness and heard his claims...and she happened to be in a submarine at the time...would she complain until she ran out of air? :ph34r:

Metronome wouldn't refer to himself as the most powerful in Oregon, he'd refer to himself as the most powerful IN THE WORLD!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA! :P

Me asking about the MEE ponies made me wonder, did we ever make a pony for Metronome?

If Lucentia saw his marvelous orangeness and heard his claims...and she happened to be in a submarine at the time...would she complain until she ran out of air? :ph34r:

Is he also in the submarine?