I think that's definitely one of the saddest parts of this game, to be honest. Not so much when considering Epics like Nighthound or Timeport, but with those like Scribbler? Edgerunner? Epics who basically had life spit in their faces and then had Calamity prey on their fears on top of that? It's super sad. :(

I will instead consider exactly what sort of sock I will select for Sadeas in the SA Puppet Show. I'm thinking a red Christmas one from the children's department. :P

Scribbler, Edgerunner, Flashpoint, Impact and MV, Chimera, Summoner and Smoky, Paladin and his crew... the list goes on and on. :( It's to be expected from an RP predicated around the destruction of an entire state, but sometimes I think the characters are too lovable to live in such a Crapsack World.

That would be perfect. I don't suppose you can find light and dark-colored googly eyes? :P

Alas. We should make more slontzes for us to mad at and for our nice characters to kill! Everyone wins! (except that poor vanilla, but who cares about them?)

In The Dalles you could be tried for treason for that statement. :P

Taylor and Brandon post up!  Now on to Rainmaker!  

Yeah, my epics are all pretty far gone.  I would love for Euphoria to be redeemed, but somehow I doubt that's going to happen.  

Villains can be fun to write, though I'm finding I'm having more fun writing Deathwish and Arsenal than I am Lightwards at the moment. They're both antagonistic in ways, but neither of them are outright murderous. (Though Deathwish would be if he were allowed to.)

And of course, there's nothing quite like making Backtrack suffer. Everyone should get a chance to do it at least once. :P

I also love writing characters with dubious morality.  

The Rainmaker post is up.  With Phoenix temporarily gone, and Converter on her way to being restrained, perhaps we can wrap up this scene soon.  Then, I think the Queens can go about their business, and Rainmaker and Hypno can have their quick scene, before we end off day one in Corvallis :).  

I'm also hoping to fit two or three Euphoria flashbacks in, so stay tuned.  

Villains can be fun to write, though I'm finding I'm having more fun writing Deathwish and Arsenal than I am Lightwards at the moment. They're both antagonistic in ways, but neither of them are outright murderous. (Though Deathwish would be if he were allowed to.)

And of course, there's nothing quite like making Backtrack suffer. Everyone should get a chance to do it at least once. :P

Why not have everyday!Backtrack meet redeemed!Deathwish? The confusion would be legendary! :P

As much as I snark about all the slontzey characters in this game, it has given birth to enough memorable villains to carry quite a few stories on their own. Each one of them is compelling and memorable in a unique way. You guys should be proud. :D

Why not have everyday!Backtrack meet redeemed!Deathwish? The confusion would be legendary! :P

As much as I snark about all the slontzey characters in this game, it has given birth to enough memorable villains to carry quite a few stories on their own. Each one of them is compelling and memorable in a unique way. You guys should be proud. :D

That's... not a bad idea. :ph34r:

On behalf of everyone: thanks! :D And you should be proud, too. All of your characters are as amazing as they are memorable, Funtimes especially. :)

Even if she did kill Chess...

And going to kill the next cannon fodder Epics...

Bleh. Quota is going to die so hard he doesn't see it coming.

Wait. No.

He'll see it coming.

And feel it coming.

And won't be able to do anything about it.

There. Quota is a slontze.

My hope is that when Quota finally kicks the bucket, it will be scientifically impossible to pity him. :ph34r:

That's only a problem if you try to make it consistent to physics, not a problem within the solutions logic. The fix is really simple, if someone is walking and you stop them then their leg doesn't rip of because it stops moving.

And that's it. Someone runs up to you and is trying to throw a punch? His movement stops and his limbs stay where thy are attached to his body. The simplest solution to not being able to do the math (and I still think you aren't even noticing half the handwaving and generlization you're doing here) is creating a system where you don't have to do the math.

It is consisten within itself, doesn't break everything the power is used on, not anymore (probably less actually) based on abstraction and ideals than your system, is predictable and we can actually comprehend what is going on. (and while maybe not the best argument also seems more in line with Epic powers not caring about physics)

I know this is going to sound somewhat antagonistic so sorry in advance but that's less handwaving than just completely ignoring how her powers work and just stating that they do, it provides no framework for new circumstances meaning that I'll have to come up with how her powers work on the fly as situations arise. So it's not really a solution to the problem (What would happen if she used her powers on a bolt of lightning) than it is just allowing me to say whatever I want happens.

I don't know, maybe I'm just annoyed because it feels like you're trying to toss 6 months of effort out the window, if that's really what everyone thinks is best then I suppose I'll go with it but I don't particularly like it and I suspect it will cause many problems in fights due to her power being completely unpredictable in new circumstances.

So General Zoi has taken down his Pony Creator, meaning there will be no more new ponies or Comics, unless we switch back to the old version.

Apparently thieves kept stealing it, so they've ruined it for the rest of us.  :(

Edited by The Only Joe

Scribbler, Edgerunner, Flashpoint, Impact and MV, Chimera, Summoner and Smoky, Paladin and his crew... the list goes on and on. :( It's to be expected from an RP predicated around the destruction of an entire state, but sometimes I think the characters are too lovable to live in such a Crapsack World.

That would be perfect. I don't suppose you can find light and dark-colored googly eyes? :P

Considering 5 of those 8 mentioned are mine, I think I have a problem with writing good Epics. :/ :P   

I agree. While it can be fun to write Electro, and especially, Hypno, on occasion, I think it's much more fun to write Flashpoint or Edgerunner.

Now that I wrote their names in the same sentence, I realize that Hypno should've been related to Electro. Just to make their family even worse. :P

So General Zoi has taken down his Pony Creator, meaning there will be no more new ponies or Comics, unless we switch back to the old version.

Apparently thieves kept stealing it, so they've ruined it for the rest of us.  :(

That sucks. <_< I only ever used the older one for the most part, though I'll need to try my best to recreate the codes made in the newer creator.

Considering 5 of those 8 mentioned are mine, I think I have a problem with writing good Epics. :/ :P   

I agree. While it can be fun to write Electro, and especially, Hypno, on occasion, I think it's much more fun to write Flashpoint or Edgerunner.

Now that I wrote their names in the same sentence, I realize that Hypno should've been related to Electro. Just to make their family even worse. :P

and three are mine :P So I guess that makes Mailliw and I the best?

Ha ham the only other player on the list is Seonid with his trio, and even then, Paladin can be quite brutal at times.

True that. The fact that y'all seem to have forgotten the moral outrage when Paladin attempted to murder a teenage girl means that I haven't written enough Paladin in far too long. (Admittedly, she was an Epic, but she was sobbing on the ground when it happened. It was a traumatic scene to write and to read...)

I don't think that Paladin is going to be redeemable, though. Ranger is definitely going to die unredeemed (I already have his death scripted in my mind). Guardian I have hopes for, but nothing concrete.

True that. The fact that y'all seem to have forgotten the moral outrage when Paladin attempted to murder a teenage girl means that I haven't written enough Paladin in far too long. (Admittedly, she was an Epic, but she was sobbing on the ground when it happened. It was a traumatic scene to write and to read...)

I forgot about that. How did I forget about that? :o

How do I join this?

What TwiLyght said.  I like Heatsap, by the way. :)

Epic name: Heatsink, unless I can come up with something better.

Powers:

• Energy absorption, for anything but kinetic energy.
  • Electricity and heat can only be absorbed by direct contact.
  • Increased agility and reaction time.
  • He cannot redirect that energy.

Weakness: Either escalators or rats.

Description/use of powers:He dresses and acts like vanillas do in public, this is mostly so he can surprise energy epics. Although sometimes he likes to show off and intimidate people, by absorbing all the light that hits him and turning into a human shaped area of pure blackness. He sometimes uses this for stealth, by darkening an area just enough to where others cannot see. He is an expert escape artist, often pulling most of the heat out of a binding or wall to shatter it.  

I don't know if I want to have any secondary powers or not yet.
Edited by Redbird

I have been trying create to make some kind of energy conversion epic since December, and I decided to make a more defensive epic, and I had this idea yesterday.