I've decided on the powerset for Banarang-Bamal, who I am thinking of bringing in from Australia to help fight Astoria.

Name: Banarang-Bamal (earth-blood in one aboriginal language, there were/are lots)

Primary Power: Earth manipulation: Can manipulate earth in all possible ways. He can harden it, soften it, move it, manipulate it to a fine detail, etc. Earth is defined as dirt, rock, clay and sand, basically all dead or inorganic matter that comprises the earth's crust. He needs to move and gesture to do powerful or quick movements of earth, but he can perform basic attacks relatively slowly without moving or gesturing at all.

Secondary Power: Earth Sense: he can sense all earth within a kilometr, its position, its density, its properties, etc. He can even sense the changes in it, and vibrations travelling through dirt. Using this he can 'feel' the positions of moving objects or people, as long as they are touching the ground when they do so. He cannot 'feel' people out to a kilometre, however, only the largest disruptions are felt at that distance. He feels people with growing detail from about 200 metres away (where he can only vaguely tell that someone might be moving there if they are particularly heavy or running) until he can feel the tiniest vibration or movement from people within a few metres of him. Thanks to his earth sense he does not need to see earth that he is manipulating. He does not need to be on the ground or touching earth directly to sense it or feel changes or vibrations.

Tertiary: Body of Rock: Perfect Danger Sense linked with a rock-form ability. Whenever any attack is about to hit him, he turns into a statue made out of an impenetrable, indestructible substance that resembles rough, red rock. His movements are severely inhibited while in this form, and his human eyes do not work. He cannot move his feet or legs, and if on bare dirt or rock they fuse with it. He does not need to breath, eat, or sleep in this form, as his vital organs are perfectly preserved by the power. He remains in this form as long as the attack occurs, and transforms back as soon as the damage has passed.

New reply on the AMA re: Teleporters, I asked how common they were and he said they were rare so let's just assume Oregon has lots just because they all like the scenery there :P

Or they're rare at the time of the series because most of them died in Oregon. :P

Or I can make a teleporter-attracting Epic. :D

MOAR EPICS!!!!!!

(I've passed 100 new Epics in the last two days since we got that info about useless Epics)

Oh yeah, since meta-Epics are okay now. :D

Which lends further possible feasibility to my gifting gifter who can gift the ability to gift. Also means that both Corpsemaker and Upgrade are ok for now.

I'll admit, I don't really think that Danger Sense adds a whole lot to this guy. I should just give him a really kooky secondary ability instead.

Like the ability to always have a glass of orange juice?

I've decided on the powerset for Banarang-Bamal, who I am thinking of bringing in from Australia to help fight Astoria.

Name: Banarang-Bamal (earth-blood in one aboriginal language, there were/are lots)

Primary Power: Earth manipulation: Can manipulate earth in all possible ways. He can harden it, soften it, move it, manipulate it to a fine detail, etc. Earth is defined as dirt, rock, clay and sand, basically all dead or inorganic matter that comprises the earth's crust. He needs to move and gesture to do powerful or quick movements of earth, but he can perform basic attacks relatively slowly without moving or gesturing at all.

Secondary Power: Earth Sense: he can sense all earth within a kilometr, its position, its density, its properties, etc. He can even sense the changes in it, and vibrations travelling through dirt. Using this he can 'feel' the positions of moving objects or people, as long as they are touching the ground when they do so. He cannot 'feel' people out to a kilometre, however, only the largest disruptions are felt at that distance. He feels people with growing detail from about 200 metres away (where he can only vaguely tell that someone might be moving there if they are particularly heavy or running) until he can feel the tiniest vibration or movement from people within a few metres of him. Thanks to his earth sense he does not need to see earth that he is manipulating. He does not need to be on the ground or touching earth directly to sense it or feel changes or vibrations.

Tertiary: Body of Rock: Perfect Danger Sense linked with a rock-form ability. Whenever any attack is about to hit him, he turns into a statue made out of an impenetrable, indestructible substance that resembles rough, red rock. His movements are severely inhibited while in this form, and his human eyes do not work. He cannot move his feet or legs, and if on bare dirt or rock they fuse with it. He does not need to breath, eat, or sleep in this form, as his vital organs are perfectly preserved by the power. He remains in this form as long as the attack occurs, and transforms back as soon as the damage has passed.

Does he need some kind of contact with the earth for this to work?

Does he still need to breath in rock form?

New reply on the AMA re: Teleporters, I asked how common they were and he said they were rare so let's just assume Oregon has lots just because they all like the scenery there :P

Makes sense, given that teleportation is a relatively powerful ability, as far as not directly attack ones go. (Personally I'm more interested if that teleport into objects deal is possible.)

Oh yeah, since meta-Epics are okay now. :D

Soon I shall show all of you the Epic Epic that has the ultiamte metal power. Muhahahaha! :lol:

Like the ability to always have a glass of orange juice?

Soon I shall show all of you the Epic Epic that has the ultiamte metal power. Muhahahaha! :lol:

That sounds like the sort of ridiculous power that would happen in Oregon. :lol:

I think Joe mentioned the Epic Epic in Sightline's intro, so I think we're already curious. :P

Also, side note: I think with AMA questions, we should stick to ones with answers that can change how we approach things in the future, since he has a lot to answer. (For instance, going to postpone the one about Funtimes' fear of abandonment, perhaps indefinitely. I'm curious, but hers is a bit distinctive among Oregon Epics, and the answer to that question won't change how I write her. I've already started, so it'd be silly to change now.)

Does he need some kind of contact with the earth for this to work?

Does he still need to breath in rock form?

For the manipulation or the sensing? No the manipulation, and mostly no to sensing. He needs contact to sense vibrations and other small changes, but not for general sensing.

No. His rock form has no oxygen requirement. In fact, his face becomes a sort of featureless rock mass, so he cannot see, smell or speak while in it. 

That sounds like the sort of ridiculous power that would happen in Oregon. :lol:

I think Joe mentioned the Epic Epic in Sightline's intro, so I think we're already curious. :P

Also, side note: I think with AMA questions, we should stick to ones with answers that can change how we approach things in the future, since he has a lot to answer. (For instance, going to postpone the one about Funtimes' fear of abandonment, perhaps indefinitely. I'm curious, but hers is a bit distinctive among Oregon Epics, and the answer to that question won't change how I write her. I've already started, so it'd be silly to change now.)

Still inferior to always having McMuffin but it's a start. :P

Little did Joe know that he forshadowed the greatest terror of all. :ph34r:

What would actually change how we proceed though? Plot wise we are already on our own legs most details on the Epic nature ought to be RAFOs, so does that leave us only with questions about powers?

I'm just flat-out amazed that meta-powers are canon.  That is the last thing I expected.

Really? I suspected it was possible since Regalia started altering Epic powers. She had Obliterations help of course but it still showed it was possible at least.

Still inferior to always having McMuffin but it's a start. :P

Little did Joe know that he forshadowed the greatest terror of all. :ph34r:

What would actually change how we proceed though? Plot wise we are already on our own legs most details on the Epic nature ought to be RAFOs, so does that leave us only with questions about powers?

Definitely a start. Right, Voidus? ;)

Oh dear. :mellow:

Uhhhh....give me a while to puzzle out exactly what I was trying to say. :mellow: All the questions have been great so far; I just need to learn to stop logicing on less sleep than I'm used to before I say something that makes no potato cannon.

Definitely a start. Right, Voidus? ;)

Oh dear. :mellow:

Uhhhh....give me a while to puzzle out exactly what I was trying to say. :mellow: All the questions have been great so far; I just need to learn to stop logicing on less sleep than I'm used to before I say something that makes no potato cannon.

Definitely a start.

Along with:

Matrix: Can fall in slow motion.

Bored: Has the ability to stop paint from drying.

:P

I'm definitely going to need a new setting to put all these Epics in.  :wacko: 

Matrix: Can fall in slow motion.

not actually a useless or bad power, to be honest :P

I'm definitely going to need a new setting to put all these Epics in.   :wacko: 

well Corvallis needs plenty of minor Epics for Iconoclast and his Ghouls to massacre ;) you can be some of them!

Edited by Blackhoof

It still hurts just as much as if he'd fallen at normal speed though :P

hahaha then that is a worse than useless power!  :wacko:

You could fall out of a plane and the whole way down you know you are going to splat once you get to the bottom and it takes hours to get there.

That is horrifying  :o

hahaha then that is a worse than useless power!  :wacko:

You could fall out of a plane and the whole way down you know you are going to splat once you get to the bottom and it takes hours to get there.

That is horrifying  :o

Yup, but mostly he just has lots of time to contemplate how much his face is about to hurt from tripping over :P

Not quite as bad as:

BurnVictim: The ability to set himself on fire, has no heat resistance.

hahaha then that is a worse than useless power! :wacko:

That is horrifying :o

Matrix is proof Calamity has a sick sense of humor. And that there's someone he hates more than Backtrack. :wacko:

well Corvallis needs plenty of minor Epics for Iconoclast and his Ghouls to massacre ;) you can be some of them!

Haha! Do you really think that Iconoclast could stand up to my hordes of horror? Could he withstand the ominous wave of Epics that I shall unleash upon him?

Could he fight against the all powerful Epic who has the ability to grow his eyebrows at super speed?!?

Haha! Do you really think that Iconoclast could stand up to my hordes of horror? Could he withstand the ominous wave of Epics that I shall unleash upon him?

Could he fight against the all powerful Epic who has the ability to grow his eyebrows at super speed?!?

Even the Thaylens would think he's weird. :P

Even the Thaylens would think he's weird. :P

Ha! The mighty Bushybrows shall destroy the pride of the Thaylens and the pitiful crop that passes for eyebrows amongst them.

Bushybrows can wear his eyebrows as a scarf when he gets cold. Can Thaylens? I think not!

:P