The subtlety is a bit of a problem in terms of Chase and Nighthound off the top of my head but seems like it's not completely canon defying so that's always good :P

Well, if we are going completely theoretical here Nighthound doesn't so much have mind control as he hijacks the body's motoric functions and has a cave eat of depowering himself but I was more interested in that having trouble affecting other Epics bit. In parts because that implies gifting only to Epics (or other mechanics we know) isn't in some way connected to the corruption but that the interference is an inherent part of the powers. Plus the whole balancing stuff we do sometimes. :P

Something to the players of Astoria. How does everyone feel about wrapping up the day? Most plot lines are at nice points to transist into the next day. The Adventurer and Lockvault have their base, the fight with the Destructors is over so there's just a bit of aftermath needed and it's late enough that telling Bioterror and Brightdeath that they can talk with the right people tomorrow seems like a logical move. All stuff that can be fnished with a couple of posts.

Works for me, just let Bioterror know there'll be an interview of some kind tomorrow (Probably the kind of interview involving needless slaugthter) and he's good for the night.

I think Jumpdrive will be an enemy Epic who has an illusion-Epic based technology. He uses this to try and infiltrate the government. Any Astoria attackers want to have him be hired by your Epic? I tried to make him pretty defensive - his real weapon is knowledge. Of course, getting rid of him is a pain, like glitter in soup. :D

Well, if we are going completely theoretical here Nighthound doesn't so much have mind control as he hijacks the body's motoric functions and has a cave eat of depowering himself but I was more interested in that having trouble affecting other Epics bit. In parts because that implies gifting only to Epics (or other mechanics we know) isn't in some way connected to the corruption but that the interference is an inherent part of the powers. Plus the whole balancing stuff we do sometimes. :P

Which implies we and other "David is totes not an Epic" theorizers were right. :ph34r:

Still wondering what that means for Quota, though. I don't think he's controlling minds so much as altering the chemistry that makes people feel how they do, so that might fit in with subtlety....though he hasn't had any trouble with Epics so far, so it looks like he'll get a handwave. :P

I think Quota is pretty much exactly what Brandon was describing, more subtle if anything since he can only affect general emotional states.
As for having trouble with Epics he did say that was only generally the case so I guess I'll just have to make a bunch more mind controllers who do have that limitation.  :ph34r:

I think Quota is pretty much exactly what Brandon was describing, more subtle if anything since he can only affect general emotional states.

As for having trouble with Epics he did say that was only generally the case so I guess I'll just have to make a bunch more mind controllers who do have that limitation. :ph34r:

Canon compliance by proxy. I like the way you think. :ph34r:

It's not like I was just looking for an excuse to make up more Epics or anything.  :ph34r:

TwiLyght is shipped with the abstract concept of shipping--it's time we accept that Voidus is a Tsundere for the abstract concept of Epic creation. :P

TwiLyght is shipped with the abstract concept of shipping--it's time we accept that Voidus is a Tsundere for the abstract concept of Epic creation. :P

Does that mean Edge goes gooey eyed for the abstract concept of creepy slontzeness?

I was going to ship him with the abstract concept of logic, actually. :ph34r::P

Well I suppose he does get logical with all characters and Nighthounds the only one who's a creepy Slontze.

Alright then, motion carried :P

Who am I shipped with? Besides the obvious answer of Twi's sister. :P

Upvotes <_< 

That would be me. I have...1...2...3...4? creepy slontzes. :P

I can only think of Timeport and Reader off the top of my head, who are the others?

I think Jumpdrive will be an enemy Epic who has an illusion-Epic based technology. He uses this to try and infiltrate the government. Any Astoria attackers want to have him be hired by your Epic? I tried to make him pretty defensive - his real weapon is knowledge. Of course, getting rid of him is a pain, like glitter in soup. :D

I actually don't think Epics can use Motivator based tec themselves, at least not properly. Prof said gifted powers could mess with the Spyril and I think Regalia compared them to gifting, which doesn't work with Epics. Not exactly proof but it does make you wonder. Plus, with the Metal around illusions are only of limited use to keep yourself hidden, so it wouldn't help him as much as one might think to get useful information anyway.

Hum, makes me wonder if more than one Epic can gift to the same person. Anyone want to ask this that didn't ask at the AMA yet?

Which implies we and other "David is totes not an Epic" theorizers were right. :ph34r:

Still wondering what that means for Quota, though. I don't think he's controlling minds so much as altering the chemistry that makes people feel how they do, so that might fit in with subtlety....though he hasn't had any trouble with Epics so far, so it looks like he'll get a handwave. :P

And asking roundabout like this has much better chances of getting an answer than "is gifting and other stuff about Epic powers directly linked to Calamity's corruption?" I did pick up some tricks by reading all those Q&As. ;)

I was going to ship him with the abstract concept of logic, actually. :ph34r::P

My Twi, how did you know? I wanted to propose to it just tomorrow. :P

Who am I shipped with? Besides the obvious answer of Twi's sister. :P

You want more than one ship but criticize Shiny Sparkle? Kobold, you wicked little reptile you. :P

So I asked a while ago but just to double check, does anyone have anything to do in Portland before I timeskip to the MoNA attack? It'll probably be the last thing before we jump to morning.