Any chance of a Wheel of Time omnibus coming out?

fdsfgs

Even if an omnibus of the entire series is unfeasible except in ebook form, is there any chance of omnibus editions combining multiple books, or hardcover reprints of the early volumes with the original Darrell K Sweet cover art?

Edited by fdsfgs

I think boxed sets are highly likely. I doubt an ebook bundle would happen, though. The Wheel of Time is a top seller in its genre. Where's the incentive for the publisher to discount it? Why bundle it if you don't discount it? The form factor of a physical boxed set adds value; what's the value proposition of an ebook bundle?

Not right now, I don't think. Maybe for the 10th anniversary of AMoL, or the 15th anniversary of Robert Jordan's death, or something like that, but not when the last book is still fresh and sales are hot. Years from now, in any case, and that's if they decide to do it at all.

I'm certain they will be doing a box set some time in the not-too-distant future.

Oof. My back is hurting just thinking about it. I wonder if they will include the crane to carry it home as part of the purchase?

I'm certain they will be doing a box set some time in the not-too-distant future.

Oof. My back is hurting just thinking about it. I wonder if they will include the crane to carry it home as part of the purchase?

A box set isn't really what I think of when I hear the term 'omnibus,' which is why I discounted that possibility: I think more along the lines of multiple books released in a single volume.

Something like a box set might be more plausible, if they can figure out the logistics. Will they make the box out of cuendillar? Will it come with a forklift for getting the books out of the store? More likely, I think, is that there will be a couple of box sets: maybe 1-5, 6-10, and 11-14. Then they might be able to get away with just including a hand cart.