What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

1 hour ago, TheOokla929 said:

sometimes D&D

Ooh which ones? I've listened to a little Critical Role and am on my second re-listen* of Not Another D&D Podcast campaign 1, since I'm fully caught up atm.

*Third time thru, counting the first.

Edited by Ookla the Cheesy

2 hours ago, Ookla the Cheesy said:

Ooh which ones? I've listened to a little Critical Role and am on my second re-listen* of Not Another D&D Podcast campaign 1, since I'm fully caught up atm.

*Third time thru, counting the first.

Yeah, I very rarely listen to them, but some Critical Role is probably my favorite 

Just found this banger (was already a fan of Little Monster by the same band). 

Any other recommendations for tasty riffs (preferably not the ones everyone knows like ACDC or Led Zep).

Although speaking of ACDC, this is one people don't seem to talk about much and it's one of my favourite tracks by the band 

• 2 weeks later...

The 'Eternity Beyond Forever' album by Secession Studios. I listen to a lot of their music, especially when I'm writing.

I've also started listening to a lot of Lorna Shore, an extreme metal band. They're very intense and screamy, but the intensity is really great for doing schoolwork or writing a fight scene.

Edited by The cheeseman

On 1/25/2024 at 6:59 PM, Robin Sedai said:

I am so glad to have been introduced to this video. The beauty of Eva Noblezada's voice combined with the power of Hozier's music gave me chills.

As for what I am currently listening to, most days I pick something out of the original Broadway cast recordings for Hadestown, Heathers, and Hamilton, the album Art of Doubt by Metric, or a playlist of my favourite jazz covers by Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox.

I discovered EPIC: The Musical earlier today, and I'm having a blast...listening to the same three songs over and over again. "Just a Man" is my favorite and the one I've listened to the most. I heard part of it first in a triumphant context, so I thought it was a triumphant song...and then I saw the animatics...I still love it though. 

"The Horse and the Infant" has me utterly convinced of the "Child Champion" theory for Stormlight. I mean, I was before, but I now believe that there can be a LOT of emotional depth to it for Dalinar and others. 

"Get In the Water" is the one I've listened to the second-most. I heard the Morgan Clae audition version first and now I'm sort of upset that her version isn't the official version. (Or at least not yet, if one can hope.) The original version has Poseidon as sort of smarmy to me. The emotion is cold, but it almost feels like "I'm trying to hide revenge behind 'it's just business' and it's working" to me. The Morgan Clae version is pure silent, barely contained rage. There's almost a desperate need for revenge in there. It's just better in almost every way. (The second "get in the water" line from the original stands up to the Morgan Clae version, if only because it portrays a completely different tone, emotion, and character than the Morgan Clae one.)

Other than that,

"New House" by Toro y Moi

"Pink + White" by Frank Ocean (which really should have been on my 2023 music list)

The first half of FPS by Drake and J. Cole. I originally heard most of J. Cole's part from this silly animation about the switch in the second half of the song, and now after listening to the whole thing...I can't help but agree with it! They really didn't need the second half, to the point that it actively brings down the song IMO. 

"SDP (Interlude)" by Travis Scott. I saw a Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse AMV with the song and I've been hooked ever since. 

"this is what winter feels like" by JVKE is also really good!