What Are You Listening To Now?

Chaos

I've been listening to an immense amount of Tchaikovsky's orchestral music (not the ballets) the past few days, particularly the symphonies. Some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard, but also sometimes just extremely overwhelming. You just need something to come down after it at times ... Which is why at this moment, I'm not listening to Tchaikovsky but to Ichiko Aoba, who's perhaps my favorite folk musician of this day and age. Also some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard, but on the complete opposite end of the spectrum

• 4 weeks later...

Durbin is a band I just discovered today and holy moly is it some of the best metal I've ever heard. It reminds me a lot of my favorite older bands like Queensryche and Helloween. This is the whole album, give it a listen because it's SO good.

Just discovered an artist by the name Rj Pasin, and I'm digging his album Isekai and his single "Consider," which introduced me to him. Isekai leans heavily into the Future Bass genre IMO, while sometimes crossing over with rock. The album is labeled as "Dance," and it's Dance in the same way that Future Bass can be IMO. (So, electronic, feel-good vibes.) If you're a fan of Hyper Potions, then you'll really like this album! It also has two songs, named Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem 2.0 on this, so it's clearly one of my albums of the year. 

"Consider" feels more like rock and trap and "boss music" music, with a focus on the guitar and bass beat. It reminds me a tad of Polyphia, with rhythms and melodies closer to what you'd hear in New Levels New Devils with the base-line from Remember That You Will Die. Overall, I HIGHLY recommend it. 

I’ve been listening to lot of songs in the past 20 mins so here’s 3

Big Shot (Live in Moscow specifically) by Billy Joel

Recorder in the Corner by Richard Lindesay

Finale (Netsky remix) by Madeon (feat. Nicholas Petricca)

This guy (Arkhand) makes some really good tracks using clips of my oshi, Ceres Fauna. I first heard it on her birthday stream, which was hilarious and included a fun DnD style game she created and played with her friends.

• 4 weeks later...

"Twenty-Four" (Tyler Joseph version) by Switchfoot, it just hits so hard

Also "Next Semester" by Twenty One Pilots. Absolutely amazing songs that I can't recommend highly enough.

Long Live The King by Sabaton has been on repeat the past few days for me. And The Fall of Gil-Galad by Clamavi de Profundis.

Edited by The cheeseman

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

Bury Me Low by 8 Graves

SOOOO good. 

That song is amaziiiiiing. Their song Evil is also really good

On 2/5/2024 at 9:31 PM, Use the Falchion said:

I discovered EPIC: The Musical earlier today, and I'm having a blast...listening to the same three songs over and over again. "Just a Man" is my favorite and the one I've listened to the most. I heard part of it first in a triumphant context, so I thought it was a triumphant song...and then I saw the animatics...I still love it though. 

"The Horse and the Infant" has me utterly convinced of the "Child Champion" theory for Stormlight. I mean, I was before, but I now believe that there can be a LOT of emotional depth to it for Dalinar and others. 

"Get In the Water" is the one I've listened to the second-most. I heard the Morgan Clae audition version first and now I'm sort of upset that her version isn't the official version. (Or at least not yet, if one can hope.) The original version has Poseidon as sort of smarmy to me. The emotion is cold, but it almost feels like "I'm trying to hide revenge behind 'it's just business' and it's working" to me. The Morgan Clae version is pure silent, barely contained rage. There's almost a desperate need for revenge in there. It's just better in almost every way. (The second "get in the water" line from the original stands up to the Morgan Clae version, if only because it portrays a completely different tone, emotion, and character than the Morgan Clae one.)

Other than that,

"New House" by Toro y Moi

"Pink + White" by Frank Ocean (which really should have been on my 2023 music list)

The first half of FPS by Drake and J. Cole. I originally heard most of J. Cole's part from this silly animation about the switch in the second half of the song, and now after listening to the whole thing...I can't help but agree with it! They really didn't need the second half, to the point that it actively brings down the song IMO. 

"SDP (Interlude)" by Travis Scott. I saw a Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse AMV with the song and I've been hooked ever since. 

"this is what winter feels like" by JVKE is also really good! 

I LOVEEEEE Epic the Musical!! The Morgan Clae audition was really good, I really wanted her to be cast!! I'm so excited for Get in the Water to be officially released.

I'm listening to Les MIs on repeat recently, and also Alice by Peggy

Edited by Part Of The Narrative

My favorite band just released their new album, so...that. More thoughts once I've listened through it a couple times. In the meantime, here's the first track off the album:

ETA: First impression is that I was grinning like an idiot the entire ride home. :D I rusting love it.

Edited by Slowswift