What Are You Reading, Part 2

Chaos

On chapter 18 of Peace Talks and there was one thing I was disappointed in. 

Spoiler

Harry was calling someone to watch over and protect Justine, and I thought it was Kincaid. I was very disappointed when it was Gray. I want more Kincaid dammit! (I also want Maggie to meet the Archive and for them to become friends because it would be cute)

Finished Peace Talks. As I expected, I loved it. It's not my favorite but it's up there. I don't know if it was because I didn't have to wait months for a book to be half a book and can jump into Battle Ground not long after or if it's just because it has more of what I like about Dresden but I felt not an ounce of the disappointment other people apparently did

2 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Since I don't have Battle Ground yet, I'm gonna take this time to listen to the rest of Brief Cases as well as listen to Side Jobs.

solid choices.  I liked a few of the short stories better than several of the full length books.

I am going to read the novels of James Joyce starting with the Dubliners! 

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Is Dubliners really a novel? " and look, I'm sick of your sass! Not everything has to be neatly categorized in some half-baked TV Tropes-ish set of shipping containers! Just let people live! Why won't you let them LIVE?! 

:P

32 minutes ago, Orlionra said:

I am going to read the novels of James Joyce starting with the Dubliners! 

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Is Dubliners really a novel? " and look, I'm sick of your sass! Not everything has to be neatly categorized in some half-baked TV Tropes-ish set of shipping containers! Just let people live! Why won't you let them LIVE?! 

:P

I doubt anyone was thinking that. This is What are You Reading: no qualifiers. :P. Technically speaking, I'm reading the "drag files here to attach, or choose files" right now. :ph34r: 

13 minutes ago, Spren of Kindness said:

I'm going to read Catch-22 for school!  I'm excited, I got to pick it myself.  Since I'm going to be taking a ton of notes and such on that, and therefore reading pretty slowly, I'm also planning to pick up Day Zero, which looks rather interesting.

Catch 22 is great

Deadly Quicksilver Lies by Glen Gook. This is a reread for me and this series is so funny! Even though the author is most well known for the Black Company he writes a great paranormal urban fantasy detective series. Even though Glen Cook has some of the oddest prose ever. He is the only author I know of the writes in phonetic grammar. For instance, he uses periods instead of commas and some of his sentences are just one word long.

Edited by Ammanas