In the event of a barrier, the person or object would continue moving in the same direction against it, but the barrier would hold provided that it is strong enough. He is called Peristalstis for a reason ; the movement is slow and constant. However, he can choose the direction things go, and mentally terminate their movement at any time. He's delibirately weaker than many of the other Epics in Oregon. I was wondering whether or not he should be able to begin moving anything in his line of sight, but I think that may make him too strong. This issue, along with whether or not the force of objects in motion should be nullified and replaced with Peristaltsis's movement instead of having two competing forces on it, are the primary points in question right now. What do you think?

Huh. You mean like these guys?

IMG_4119.JPG

Edited by Mckeedee123

In the event of a barrier, the person or object would continue moving in the same direction against it, but the barrier would hold provided that it is strong enough. He is called Peristalstis for a reason ; the movement is slow and constant. However, he can choose the direction things go, and mentally terminate their movement at any time. He's delibirately weaker than many of the other Epics in Oregon. I was wondering whether or not he should be able to begin moving anything in his line of sight, but I think that may make him too strong. This issue, along with whether or not the force of objects in motion should be nullified and replaced with Peristaltsis's movement instead of having two competing forces on it, are the primary points in question right now. What do you think?

I think he is actually fairly powerful in some ways. The ability to restrict the movement of anyone he touches to a crawl makes life completely unbearable for them. He could hold anyone he could touch to ransom, and if they killed him they would doom themselves to a crawl forever.

The issue of course is touching them, but that shouldn't be too hard given that most epics are overconfident and have no issue talking with people within arms length of them without knowing what they could do.

Curled at the edges, like a villain in a spaghetti Western, with glitter. And possibly ribbons.

Why not like this?

e140db4d056936a538ed59a57c12d9ba.jpg

On the subject of Eugene, I have a proposal. How about we say, no High Epics. None. I think there are far too many in Oregon already :P

High Epics would also dominate this sort of warfare unless there are multiple, and then we sort if get into being a Portland clone that exaggerates our already excessive amount of High Epics.

I think the lack of invincibles would improve the gang wars tremendously- we could have gangs of Epics backed up by vanilla mobsters, and the Epics could have all sorts of cool and deadly powers, but we would need to role play them in a different and more cautious manner than we normally might. I think a setting without Highs would be interesting and unique in this RP.

No High Epics? :blink: *fake faints in an exaggerated manner* :ph34r:

In all seriousness that's not a bad idea.

I've come up with an idea for a minor Epic, Peristalstis, who has the ability to, upon touch, cause an object or person to indefinitely move at a crawling pace in any direction of his choice. I think that, despite its limitations, this power could have interesting applications. He definitely needs fleshing out, though. Of course, Oregon is already crowded with Epics, and it would make far more sense to create a normal human character. Still, what do you Oregoners think of that Epic power?

So they would walk in the direction? What about their other limbs, falling to the ground or sleep?

Poor Brandon. :( I don't know how well guarded it is, but if he managed to make it to Autumn's apartment, she'd take him in. 

No not Brandon he's the greatest... oh you mean the character. :mellow: Honestly, I'd imagine that he's not going to get far. The town should still be on alert, so he's bound to run into a patrol sooner rather than later, given that tourism doesn't exsist anymore (plus the already small size of the city) there is no reason for a civilian hotel to exsist and with the current situation trying to get into the home of someone unknown for shelter instead of going to the officials is bejond suspicious.

I'm about to add a new character to Corvallis thread! So a little contest time :P It'll be a girl called Summer (not inspired by Autumns name, not at all...  :ph34r: ) who will soon join as one of Vanillas assigned to Argon. Not sure what her personality will be like, but I need an icon for her... So! I need some help, because I think that a simple sun or something like that might be a bit simple. Can you suggest an icon for her?

I'm about to add a new character to Corvallis thread! So a little contest time :P It'll be a girl called Summer (not inspired by Autumns name, not at all...  :ph34r: ) who will soon join as one of Vanillas assigned to Argon. Not sure what her personality will be like, but I need an icon for her... So! I need some help, because I think that a simple sun or something like that might be a bit simple. Can you suggest an icon for her?

Clearly the icon should be a rain cloud.

The season summer brings to mind the beach or flowers in the sun--I ran an image search on it and there are some really pretty pictures out there. There was also this one that's a bit different: http://youth.christchurch.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/FeatureImageWEB.jpg 

*shrugs* 

Along these same lines, is a picture of the sky a good icon for Skylar, or should I go with a walkie-talkie thing since she's the receptionist, or....?

No High Epics? :blink: *fake faints in an exaggerated manner* :ph34r:

In all seriousness that's not a bad idea.

why thank you :P

What do others think?

Sort of like the Dalles, in that the Epics are not all-powerful or Highs in many cases. Makes things more tense and dramatic. That said, playing with and as High Epics is pretty awesome :P Just a suggestion to make this location really stand out.

So they would walk in the direction? What about their other limbs, falling to the ground or sleep?

oh! I misread what the power was and thought they literally crawled. I second this question. 

A town of low levelled Epics? If I wasn't already in every thread and currently behind on many scenes I think I'd be right at home with a legion of Eugene characters :P
And I was so looking forward to RPing as the great Spongemancer :(

A town of low levelled Epics? If I wasn't already in every thread and currently behind on many scenes I think I'd be right at home with a legion of Eugene characters :P

And I was so looking forward to RPing as the great Spongemancer :(

well there should be about 60 Epics native to Eugene, minus whatever ones have died in the 10 years since, so plenty of room for a number of weird powers :P

I like it.

By the way, you have enough information to guess Jumpdrive's weakness. Let the guessing commence!

ooh... tough one.

People not knowing him?

People knowing him?

Spikes/stakes?

Something piercing his eye?

Huh, now we are only missing Spring and we have a whole season assemble. :ph34r:

Yeah, Blackhoof, if Iconclast could attack there that'd be great.

b132691759a548bec7b3ebc70b1f64f5.jpg

oh! I misread what the power was and thought they literally crawled. I second this question. 

Well, at first I thought they were just randomly sliding in the direction, pushed by an invisible force, so assuming my guess is right that's still better than my first take. :P

On the subject of Eugene, I have a proposal. How about we say, no High Epics. None. I think there are far too many in Oregon already :P

High Epics would also dominate this sort of warfare unless there are multiple, and then we sort if get into being a Portland clone that exaggerates our already excessive amount of High Epics.

I think the lack of invincibles would improve the gang wars tremendously- we could have gangs of Epics backed up by vanilla mobsters, and the Epics could have all sorts of cool and deadly powers, but we would need to role play them in a different and more cautious manner than we normally might. I think a setting without Highs would be interesting and unique in this RP.

Welcome back Shard!

Now the ghoul attack was a bit far from you (aren't you in an apartment of some kind?) but if you like Iconoclast's next attack could be near you?

I was planning to have Riftwalker rely on her goons anyway. To be honest, I don't think her offensive ability is all that useful in a 1v1 fight.

Either way, how unpowerful are we talking about here? A 6 or 7? If I removed the danger sense and the object storage, would she be okay?

Edited by Mckeedee123

I was planning to have Riftwalker rely on her goons anyway. To be honest, I don't think her offensive ability is all that useful in a 1v1 fight.

Either way, how unpowerful are we talking about here? A 6 or 7? If I removed the danger sense and the object storage, would she be okay?

I hope that wouldn't be too strong, otherwise I'd end up screwed. :mellow:

I hope that wouldn't be too strong, otherwise I'd end up screwed. :mellow:

I know the feeling, even the weakest most ridiculous superpowers with a little though can become somewhat terrifying.

Except Metronome... Because he was er... so terrifying already.

I know the feeling, even the weakest most ridiculous superpowers with a little though can become somewhat terrifying.

Except Metronome... Because he was er... so terrifying already.

Knowing myself I doubt I would get Skydancer significantly weaker than Kenshin or Vapor Snake.