hahahaha XD that is brilliant

btw, I added some pertinent informtion and stats to the Easter Eggs thread. What do you guys think? I can easily edit things, that is cool, if you have suggestions :)

My only problem is with Portland, we were using information from Steelheart to estimate Epic populations for a while and concluded that it would have had nearly a thousand, the MEE alone has numbers in the hundreds I think. I think our reasoning when we got WoB on the population percentage was that for no apparent reason Oregon just got a whole lot more Epics than anywhere else. Portland alone has more High Epics than the entire state should :P

My only problem is with Portland, we were using information from Steelheart to estimate Epic populations for a while and concluded that it would have had nearly a thousand, the MEE alone has numbers in the hundreds I think. I think our reasoning when we got WoB on the population percentage was that for no apparent reason Oregon just got a whole lot more Epics than anywhere else. Portland alone has more High Epics than the entire state should :P

In a similair vein I can't quite agree (although I'll spare us my arguments) with either Portland or Corvallis having 5 times plus the amount of Epics than Astoria. :ph34r:

And here's a random triva segment, the topic:

The uselesness of Curveball's power

Now, most of might now think, "why isn't is obvious how useless his power is?" Thinking: so he doesn't have to reload Handguns, might give him a slight advantage in a gunfight but not much compared to other Epics. Well, in the Reckonerverse there exsists something called electron-compressed magazine, which can store multiple hundreds of rounds, meaning you are very unlikely to run out of ammo any given shoot out.

Edited by Edgedancer

The uselesness of Curveball's power

Now, most of might now think, "why isn't is obvious how useless his power is?" Thinking: so he doesn't have to reload Handguns, might give him a slight advantage in a gunfight but not much compared to other Epics. Well, in the Reckonerverse there exsists something called electron-compressed magazine, which can store multiple hundreds of rounds, meaning you are very unlikely to run out of ammo any given shoot out.

Well, if you have the gun pictured inside the spoiler and you don't have to stop to reload, you might be quite deadly, even for someone behind a concrete wall... And I doubt there are electron-compressed magazines for revolvers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Well it's not particularly useful in combat, particularly against other Epics but it is a form of matter generation, it's an infinite source of metal. Though in Newcago that's still pretty useless comparatively :P

Well, if you have the gun pictured inside the spoiler and you don't have to stop to reload, you might be quite deadly, even for someone behind a concrete wall... And I doubt there are electron-compressed magazines for revolvers.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not reall. The weapon industry is one of the buisness trades still blooming, so assumption based on our current guns are pretty useless.

Well it's not particularly useful in combat, particularly against other Epics but it is a form of matter generation, it's an infinite source of metal. Though in Newcago that's still pretty useless comparatively :P

Even more so given that the metal would only exsist in small nuggets that would need to be remolten.

Do the bullets form in the chamber as the trigger is being pulled and therefore can't be removed for other uses, or do they appear immediately after the previous shot and are thereby removable? That would make a big difference.

Also, congrats on evolving. That trek to level 37 must have been worth it.

Not reall. The weapon industry is one of the buisness trades still blooming, so assumption based on our current guns are pretty useless.

Even more so given that the metal would only exsist in small nuggets that would need to be remolten.

I think the clearest case for the uselessness of Curveball's power (for him, at least) lies in the fact that infinite ammo is only as useful as your aim. He is a terrible shot, relying entirely on dumb luck and the law of averages to hit his target. In the hands of an experienced shooter, his power could be pretty deadly, but in his case it's more like the ability to generate very dangerous confetti. Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Do the bullets form in the chamber as the trigger is being pulled and therefore can't be removed for other uses, or do they appear immediately after the previous shot and are thereby removable? That would make a big difference.

Also, congrats on evolving. That trek to level 37 must have been worth it.

Well if reaching the rank of Dragon doesn't get you a healthy chunk of exp I don't know what will :P

I think the clearest case for the uselessness of Curveball's power (for him, at least) lies in the fact that infinite ammo is only as useful as your aim. He is a terrible shot, relying entirely on dumb luck and the law of averages to hit his target. In the hands of an experienced shooter, his power could be pretty deadly, but in his case it's more like the ability to generate very dangerous confetti.

Is it just me, or is "Remington Springfield" a far more appropriate name for an Epic with gun-related powers than "Curveball"? :huh::P

Well if reaching the rank of Dragon doesn't get you a healthy chunk of exp I don't know what will :P

If you're a Dragon, does that mean you're weak against Ice and Fairy? :P

Is it just me, or is "Remington Springfield" a far more appropriate name for an Epic with gun-related powers than "Curveball"? :huh::P

If you're a Dragon, does that mean you're weak against Ice and Fairy? :P

Luckily I've done nothing to antagonize either Elsa or Funtimes so I think I'm safe on that front for now. Unless...

Do leprechauns count as fairies? Should I seek protection from a certain green necromancer?

Curveball tried to call himself that, but the real Remington Springfield sued him for copyright infringement. Steelheart refused to hear the case and told them to settle it "the usual way." Remington shot circles around Curveball (literally, there were circles of bullet holes in various aesthetically pleasing designs) and laughed at the "metal confetti" Curveball seemed so proud of. Curveball was stuck with his name. :P

Luckily I've done nothing to antagonize either Elsa or Funtimes so I think I'm safe on that front for now. Unless...

Do leprechauns count as fairies? Should I seek protection from a certain green necromancer?

I think Lightwards is a rare Normal/Dark combination, so you shouldn't have any worries on that front. :P

Curveball tried to call himself that, but the real Remington Springfield sued him for copyright infringement. Steelheart refused to hear the case and told them to settle it "the usual way." Remington shot circles around Curveball (literally, there were circles of bullet holes in various aesthetically pleasing designs) and laughed at the "metal confetti" Curveball seemed so proud of. Curveball was stuck with his name. :P

Steelheart did ask to speak to Remington immediately afterwards, in a private meeting. Once Nightwielder and all his other goons were out of the room, Steelheart hesitantly leaned over and asked him...

"...Do you think my name's badchull enough, Mr. Springfield?"

I think Lightwards is a rare Normal/Dark combination, so you shouldn't have any worries on that front. :P

Steelheart did ask to speak to Remington immediately afterwards, in a private meeting. Once Nightwielder and all his other goons were out of the room, Steelheart hesitantly leaned over and asked him...

"I think it's pretty badchull..."

"Shut up Conflux, no one asked you."

What, no Ghost type in there? :huh:

"No, it doesn't have any gun references." :P

So we're on page 42 and I think we've still yet to actually plan anything. Good job people! Though there is a significant lack of pugs I've noticed...

We actually have more pages than Sanderson Memes, which has been around way longer. Congratulations, Reckoners RPG. :P

So we're on page 42 and I think we've still yet to actually plan anything. Good job people! Though there is a significant lack of pugs I've noticed...

What do you mean, not enough pugs?

26019ed5ba0cc5588e776d499d641a63.jpg

On a serious note, it's no wonder we didn't plan anything, given that it's been quite some time since something important happened, with maybe the exception of Corvallis.

On a serious note, it's no wonder we didn't plan anything, given that it's been quite some time since something important happened, with maybe the exception of Corvallis.

I want to do a Lightwards post, but I'm not sure what to do besides have him sulk about Lucentia's dismissiveness. :mellow:

I want to do a Lightwards post, but I'm not sure what to do besides have him sulk about Lucentia's dismissiveness. :mellow:

Then just have him do that, call it a day and go to bed.(Lightwards I mean.)

Edited by Edgedancer