Ah yes, those pesky hormones getting in the way. :P Although his name doesn't leave very much to the imagination.

That's the story of human civilization, isn't it? :P

If I heard his name without context, though, I'd assume he had a tracking ability like Chase or Amarok. The name emphasizes tracking, and doesn't immediately bring to mind the ability to witness the entire history of a setting just by standing in it.

Though I know it would probably be a whole lot more serious than I'm imagining (Jack being trapped by his weakness and all) I can't stop wondering what would've happened if Arsenal had made good on his threat to lock Backtrack and MV away with Hayter. :mellow:

In the same cell? Nothing good, nothing good at all. :mellow:

What happend to your name and face?

He applied to become a reaper at a job interview, and was subsequently blessed by a storm. :P

I decided to try something new. But I'm back now. :P

It's a mix of Stormblessed from Kaladin and Reaper from a book I read recently, Red Rising, and it's sequel, Golden Son, by Pierce Brown. It's a sort of dystopian sci-fi that's in the middle of YA and Adult and I really liked it. Definitely one of my favorite sci-fi novels ever. There is a language warning though. 

Twi, I was listening to some older Writing Excuses podcasts and in one episode, they do random worldbuilding and James Dashner came up with basically the equivalent of an evil!Financier. He obsessed over numbers and worshipped them and developed some type of nanotech that he could implant into people to make them worship numbers too.

It's a mix of Stormblessed from Kaladin and Reaper from a book I read recently, Red Rising, and it's sequel, Golden Son, by Pierce Brown. It's a sort of dystopian sci-fi that's in the middle of YA and Adult and I really liked it. Definitely one of my favorite sci-fi novels ever. There is a language warning though. 

Twi, I was listening to some older Writing Excuses podcasts and in one episode, they do random worldbuilding and James Dashner came up with basically the equivalent of an evil!Financier. He obsessed over numbers and worshipped them and developed some type of nanotech that he could implant into people to make them worship numbers too.

ccaae8aae582950a30dce27afea3ec27.jpg

I find it... comforting and a bit awesome that Brandon's friends are just as crazy as we are. :P:lol:

I find it... comforting and a bit awesome that Brandon's friends are just as crazy as we are. :P:lol:

It's a great podcast with awesome writing advice as well as just hilarious comments. I listen to it at work and it's a struggle sometimes to not burst out laughing, so I instead sit with a huge grin on my face. :P I'm currently going through the archives backwards, and I'm in the middle of Season 4. I know Edge listens to it too.

I've heard good things about Red Rising, but I haven't been able to read it yet. 

Wonder what would happen if Dashner!Financier and my Financier met. :ph34r: 

Agreed. :lol: 

I've heard good things about Red Rising, but I haven't been able to read it yet. 

Agreed. :lol:

I recommend it, but warn that there is quite a bit more language than Brandon's writing. Probably about as much as Brent Weeks, which I think maybe only Edge has read. :P

Well, he wouldn't have to force convert him at least. Maybe a joint rulership?

It's a great podcast with awesome writing advice as well as just hilarious comments. I listen to it at work and it's a struggle sometimes to not burst out laughing, so I instead sit with a huge grin on my face. :P I'm currently going through the archives backwards, and I'm in the middle of Season 4. I know Edge listens to it too.

I'll have to try it out sometime too, then. :)

The battle that destroys Oregon? :ph34r: