I don't even know why you guys want to see faces. These conversations are so much more enjoyable between a Pony, a duck, a kobold and Sname. (Edgedancer is Snake right? Or at least from that game?) Thinking of you guys as actual humans is just weird.

I could also turn into a knive/pipe wielding dog.35d08de0982de8dbc6083acbaaadee9d.jpg

So...

How does one go about joining this cult[/s] upvote factory RPG? 

You think about what kind of character you want to play, tell us about it, potentially ask questions, we see where she fits in and ask some questions on our own and then you write RP posts. Upvotes follow. :P

Edited by Edgedancer

You think about what kind of character you want to play, tell us about it, potentially ask questions, we see where she fits in and ask some questions on our own and then you write RP posts. Upvotes follow. :P

^this exactly

tip- read the etiquette threads that are pinned :) that will help you "get" how this works, per say.

Okay- thanks for the advice.

So.. idea's. 

Well... they were for Epics - though they come with the caveat that they are very, very undefined and vague, kind of just... "ooh, that might be fun" stuff, rather than a full fledged character.

I had two possible powers in mind for an Epic, powers which might work better if they were both part of the same Epic.

The first was for someone with the epic name of "Sentry" or "Watchdog". Not sure for a personality for them yet - but the idea was that they were someone who could "see" out of images of themselves; posters, caricatures, drawings, whatever.

The second... is probably a lot less useable, since I don't think anywhere outside of Newcago had electronics. But the idea was... basically, "what if Kim Kardashian was the Joker". An Epic whose ability causes electronics and screens to focus on and show her whenever she is within range of them... and she's responded by going crazy and setting herself up as the Fractured States number one Reality Star.

As I say, those abilities... might work if they compliment one another. Causing pictures of yourself to appear on anything electronic -whether or not it's plugged in or turned on- and see everything that's going on. Not exactyl combat-related (and not sure if it's something you guys would be interested in), but it's... kind of what I'm tinkering with at the moment.  

(Heck, for a Human, I'm considering just doing a straight up Arrow-knock off. Somewhat unhinged human vigilante. Creativity!)

Sounds interesting as far as I'm concerned. Having the feed appear even when the device is unplugged also gets rid of any problem that may have exsisted with the lack of electizity may have caused.

Are we talking about powers that can be turned of or are permanently active?

My thought was permanently active... but -in the case of the second one- that might be too big of an upset to the established setting's of... basically anyplace.

(In the case of the first... still possibly OP? But considering how it requires setting  stuff up first, at leasta  little less... all-intrusive.)

How much of an upset would be depends on the range. For her to make sense in an already established location she would need to just have arrived there, though. I'd be more worried about her lack of privacy all things considered.

In the case of the first, actually comprehending everything she has access to would probably drive her insane, so turning it off would make sense there. I do find it interesting in combination with the second one though, as a kind of web cam chat.

So...

How does one go about joining this cult upvote factory RPG? 

Woah, hold up! Upvote factory? You don't get upvotes around here unless you write a long post, say something funny, mention MLP, post a picture of a pug...

So.. idea's. 

Well... they were for Epics - though they come with the caveat that they are very, very undefined and vague, kind of just... "ooh, that might be fun" stuff, rather than a full fledged character.

I had two possible powers in mind for an Epic, powers which might work better if they were both part of the same Epic.

The first was for someone with the epic name of "Sentry" or "Watchdog". Not sure for a personality for them yet - but the idea was that they were someone who could "see" out of images of themselves; posters, caricatures, drawings, whatever.

The second... is probably a lot less useable, since I don't think anywhere outside of Newcago had electronics. But the idea was... basically, "what if Kim Kardashian was the Joker". An Epic whose ability causes electronics and screens to focus on and show her whenever she is within range of them... and she's responded by going crazy and setting herself up as the Fractured States number one Reality Star.

As I say, those abilities... might work if they compliment one another. Causing pictures of yourself to appear on anything electronic -whether or not it's plugged in or turned on- and see everything that's going on. Not exactyl combat-related (and not sure if it's something you guys would be interested in), but it's... kind of what I'm tinkering with at the moment.  

(Heck, for a Human, I'm considering just doing a straight up Arrow-knock off. Somewhat unhinged human vigilante. Creativity!)

The first is pretty creative and not OP. The only (problem?) with implementing him, like Edge said, is that he'd probably have posted pictures of himself everywhere already, so he'd have to be a new arrival.

What if the vanilla guy had a friend who had powers like Arsenal?

Well, if Quiver is starting a New!Epic, then I have to get in on the fun.

I had ideas for a character named Rocket, with explosion and fire powers.

Then I had my character Neptune who I proposed a while ago.

Then I had a bunch of trashy Epics with names like Gardengrow and The Eliminator. And don't get me started on Epics like Fooz and T.A.R.D.I.S (No relation to Doctor who).

So my best ideas now are a Epic named Countdown and Rocket.

So my best ideas now are a Epic named Countdown and Rocket.

Which would be what powers exactly?

I'd list all of my new ideas but then we'd be here all day, plus that's time during which I could be making even more new Epics :P

On an unrelated note I found the Unicyclist a dog.

enhanced-buzz-8875-1336157175-6.jpg

I get some new ideas but I usually just file them away for later and don't give them to much fleshing out, because otherwise I'll end up wanting to play them. :ph34r:

Can pugs ride mini unicicles? :ph34r:

Which would be what powers exactly?

I get some new ideas but I usually just file them away for later and don't give them to much fleshing out, because otherwise I'll end up wanting to play them. :ph34r:

Can pugs ride mini unicicles? :ph34r:

I occasionally solve that compulsion by writing a short death scene for them to give myself closure :P

Nothing will ever convince me that they can't.

So.. idea's.

It would be interestin to see Jumpdrive's reaction to this Epic, since he sits in front of camera feeds allday long :)

Edited by Mestiv

The first is pretty creative and not OP. The only (problem?) with implementing him, like Edge said, is that he'd probably have posted pictures of himself everywhere already, so he'd have to be a new arrival.

What if the vanilla guy had a friend who had powers like Arsenal?

Alright. I just ran a 5k, and I've given these guys some more thought.

(I have an annoying habit of hijacking new guys' Epics, so don't mind me. I'm just trying to get this out of my system, I guess.

Where do you think the first/first+second guy would go, if implemented? He doesn't have a reason to be in Salem. Corvallis already has 2 Epics that have the same sort of "omnipotent observation" power. He'd get torn apart in Astoria. The other 2 threads are closed to new Epics...

As for the vanilla guy, what do you think of having him be like Batman? He could be allied with an Epic named Q, who's sort of a semi-technopath. The Epic instinctively knows how to assemble small gadgets from the requisite parts, and can build them with extra speed and dexterity. That way, the vanilla could have piton guns and stun grenades and stuff.

Alright. I just ran a 5k, and I've given these guys some more thought.

(I have an annoying habit of hijacking new guys' Epics, so don't mind me. I'm just trying to get this out of my system, I guess.

Where do you think the first/first+second guy would go, if implemented? He doesn't have a reason to be in Salem. Corvallis already has 2 Epics that have the same sort of "omnipotent observation" power. He'd get torn apart in Astoria. The other 2 threads are closed to new Epics...

As for the vanilla guy, what do you think of having him be like Batman? He could be allied with an Epic named Q, who's sort of a semi-technopath. The Epic instinctively knows how to assemble small gadgets from the requisite parts, and can build them with extra speed and dexterity. That way, the vanilla could have piton guns and stun grenades and stuff.

She seems like a character that would be minor enough to fit her into Portland, actually.

Except that it wouldn't exactly make sense for an Epic to support an vigilante like that.

She seems like a character that would be minor enough to fit her into Portland, actually.

Except that it wouldn't exactly make sense for an Epic to support an vigilante like that.

Yeah, as long as she didn't go out of her way to provoke anyone she'd just be one more random henchman. I could even see her with the MEE.

Um... his weakness is people not being Batman, I guess? :P